• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City |OT| Somebody Call A Goddamn Paramedic!

GymWolf

Gold Member
What would you (or anyone in here) say it feels/plays the most like (besides Terminator, being I never tried that one)?

It feels like when in other fps you get the armoured robot armour and for 10 min you just slow walk and blast enemies and feel powerful, but faster and for an entire game, not just a small section.

Then you have your evade button, your rallenty button, your shield up button, your aoe stomp button, you can do trick shot on walls, punch shit or grab and throw mofos.

It feels great.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Would be great if more studios took note of this and adapted this approach. Smaller teams with a reasonably decent budget very south of gargantuan USD $100+ million typically seem to be allowed to take more creative risks and poor passion into projects.

Only if Sony manages to get back to its senses otherwise I really don't want to see it happen. It would be a travesty if they were strong-armed into putting some nonsense into their games because corporate policy dictates it or something like that. I don't want developers like Teyon to get compromised like we have seen so many times already...
If sony could make a robocop game the enemies would thank you when you shot them in the groin because they have no job and you just make them save the money for the sex reassignment surgery.

Homocop rogue shity.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
How long is the game?

Is there stupid fucking puzzles every 10 minutes

Is it nice and gory?

Do the guns have a punchy heavy feeling to them or paperweight trash combat like FROM games?

Is the game focused or full of bloat?

How does it look on PS5 at 30fps? Don’t care about performance mode.

These answers will decide if I support this dev or not

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
How long is the game? Dont know. 8 hours in and not even midway

Is there stupid fucking puzzles every 10 minutes? No

Is it nice and gory? Yes

Do the guns have a punchy heavy feeling to them or paperweight trash combat like FROM games? Guns feel good

Is the game focused or full of bloat? Pretty focused so far, but there are optional side quests (that are worth doing)

How does it look on PS5 at 30fps? Don’t care about performance mode Looks fantastic

Represent. Represent.

GymWolf

Gold Member
How long is the game?

Is it nice and gory?

Do the guns have a punchy heavy feeling to them or paperweight trash combat like FROM games?

Is the game focused or full of bloat?

How does it look on PS5 at 30fps? Don’t care about performance mode.

The game is around 15 to 20 hours depend on how much sidecontent you do.

No puzzles.

Best gunplay of 2023, you are gonna love this shit, gorey enough without touching dead island 2\dead space remake level of carnage, great blood effects all around.

You have optional sidequest but you can just do the main campaign, it's not an open world, more like a dishonored\deus ex structure with smaller maps and bigger maps, you pace yourself, main missions are pretty linear.

I have no idea how it run in console, on pc the game run almost flawlessly except texture loading later (but not everyone has this problem)

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

Ok, I’ll contribute a little. There’s one optional puzzle that can be accessed at any time where you slot chips into a motherboard to get buffs.

Plus there are some areas where you have to use detective vision to find clues. But it’s minimal.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Mighty strong words right there
What else do we had this year tps or fps wise?

Maybe trapang 2 is similar but i feel like the enemies in that one have some very random reactions when get hit sometimes, robocop is bombastic but enemies fly with a logic depends on where they get hit or if they were still or in motion, trapang 2 looks more random when they fly (small but really big difference)

Counterstrike 2 is less bombastic and with almost no gore, atomic heart had good shooting but not as good as robocop, the magic fps in ue5 didn't looked nearly as good.

Maybe i'm missing something but i feel like this is the most fun i had in an fps this year, and i loved atomic heart.

The dude like the same type of gunplay as me, so if i like robocop, he is gonna like it aswell.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Ok, I’ll contribute a little. There’s one optional puzzle that can be accessed at any time where you slot chips into a motherboard to get buffs.

Plus there are some areas where you have to use detective vision to find clues. But it’s minimal.
That is a puzzle like kate moss was the most beatiful woman on the planet a decade ago.

I hate puzzle and those don't even register as puzzles in my brain.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
What else do we had this year tps or fps wise?

Maybe trapang 2 is similar but i feel like the enemies in that one have some very random reactions when get hit sometimes, robocop is bombastic but enemies fly with a logic depends on where they get hit or if they were still or in motion, trapang 2 looks more random when they fly (small but really big difference)

Counterstrike 2 is less bombastic and with almost no gore, atomic heart had good shooting but not as good as robocop, the magic fps in ue5 didn't looked nearly as good.

Maybe i'm missing something but i feel like this is the most fun i had in an fps this year, and i loved atomic heart.

The dude like the same type of gunplay as me, so if i like robocop, he is gonna like it aswell.

Id put re4r up there. I def think this is more satisfying than Atomic Heart for sure and I really dug that game (still need to finish before the end of the year)

What else...Starfield, AW2, Immortals, Dead Island 2...hmmm

Id def take Robo over all of the above though, except maybe RE4

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Got my copy, installing.

Can't wait. This has been a fantastic couple of weeks for gaming and I hope this adds to it.'

edit:

wow this is an 80's, 90's title screen if I've ever seen one lol.

Where's that shitty guy with the title screen tweet when you need it.

X8OhTAI.jpg

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
That is a puzzle like kate moss was the most beatiful woman on the planet a decade ago.

I hate puzzle and those don't even register as puzzles in my brain.

Look at the shit that’s present in Spider-Man 2. That game redefined what a puzzle is. I guess Spider-Man is the reason why he even asked that question in the first place.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Id put re4r up there. I def think this is more satisfying than Atomic Heart for sure and I really dug that game (still need to finish before the end of the year)

What else...Starfield, AW2, Immortals, Dead Island 2...hmmm

Id def take Robo over all of the above though, except maybe RE4
I don't really like japanese gunplay feeling that much, so for me re4 doesn't even register, but i know i'm an outlier here, for my personal taste robocop crush re4 shooting that also rely too much on headshot+kick for 90% of the game.

It has better gunplay than starfield by a mile.

I didn't played aw2 but shooting looks clunkier and frankly worse than control, and some people who played both said the same.

Immortals didn't looked as punchy and no gore or blood.

Dead island 2 is probably the closest one but you barely use fire weapons in that game, i still think that robocop has the edge except for the gore system (and no game is gonna beat the gore in that game for a long time)

Last edited:
Curious how this is on PS5. Review from Push Square said it looks and feels very AA. Said environments weren't impressive.

So I'm wondering if there's a big discrepancy between console and pc

GymWolf

Gold Member
Look at the shit that’s present in Spider-Man 2. That game redefined what a puzzle is. I guess Spider-Man is the reason why he even asked that question in the first place.
Lmao you think i engaged with the puzzles in sp2? I skipped that shit like your average gym user user skip leg day.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Lmao you think i engaged with the puzzles in sp2? I skipped that shit like your average gym user user skip leg day.

So the devs knew that their puzzles suck dick and they offered a skip button... but they doubled down on MJ stealth sections in a game about two spider super heroes. Geniuses.

OK, it's 7PM time to kill some criminal scum.

srtcs.jpeg

adamsapple

Some Xbox Quality mode screens.

Robo controls like a fucking TANK.

Looks surprisingly nice, nice and chunky. Is this UE5 ?

robocop_roguecity-202coihh.png

robocop_roguecity-2028sckw.png

robocop_roguecity-202wic50.png

robocop_roguecity-202fnidk.png

robocop_roguecity-2023wets.png

robocop_roguecity-202tgc9g.png

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Curious how this is on PS5. Review from Push Square said it looks and feels very AA. Said environments weren't impressive.

So I'm wondering if there's a big discrepancy between console and pc

The only thing that looks AA to me are the majority of the character models (except robo). I think the environmental artistry and detail is nothing short of stunning. I like UE5 being used this way.

Zero issues with PS5 on performance aside from some choppiness during cutscenes. No crashes. Been generally a really clean solid experience so far.

The only thing that looks AA to me are the majority of the character models (except robo). I think the environmental artistry and detail is nothing short of stunning. I like UE5 being used this way.

Zero issues with PS5 on performance aside from some choppiness during cutscenes. No crashes. Been generally a really clean solid experience so far.

Wow ..cool. might have to buy this to stock it to Modern Warfare 3, which I was looking forward to..until I learned the campaign is a 3.5 hour cash grab.

Thanks for the impressions

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yeah, i still can't get behind the dude that scored a 4 and ruined the metacritic.

People should be accountable for such major fuck ups.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
im a couple hours in and loving it. what skills should I spend my level up points on first?

Focus and Deduction

Deduction will eventually mark item boxes and other important stuff on your map, and maxed out you get an all around +30% XP bonus towards everything

Focus is the bullet time so thats an absolute necessity (and it really kind of is. It doesnt take long for you to be up against 8-10 guys at once).

GymWolf

Gold Member
im a couple hours in and loving it. what skills should I spend my level up points on first?
Depends on what difficulty you are, hardest go with survivability, so health and armour, on normal go with the fun stuff, trick shots, rallenty etc.

The one that gave you more exp is always useful.

P.s. yeah rallenty is good on hard aswell.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Im focusing on Engineering now because I want to be able to crack safes and hack turrets

That armor maxed out has your suit able to ricochet all bullets fired at you back to the enemies :pie_roffles:

adamsapple

The human character models have been the weakest visual part about the game, otherwise this is pretty damn good for a AA studio game.

GymWolf

Gold Member
The models vary from shit to decent (mostly the faces, the models are aight), but they nailed the afro hair texture on the captain, very convincing (although the hairline end a bit abruptly and it look like he has a wig)

They have this strange cartoony\stylized style but robocop is hyper-realistic, they clash a bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom