• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Gorger

Double post, but there's been some official replies regarding the EU PSN situation today.

HMX forums

Playstation blog

soon

tumblr_n8tqcqPhPB1thowlgo1_250.gif

bobohoro

I don't even know why I expect anything from this game anymore.

Someone tell why I should bother playing Rock Band 4 in the EU when Rock Band 3 is the same game but better.

You shouldn't.
I've been playing RB3 for close to 3 weeks now, I think, only looked into RB4 for 5 minutes to see what the patch does, decided it's still not even half a game and went back.

The new songs and dlc I guess.

That unintended burn.

Kolma

WELP

Now that NXOE is officially out.
Thought this would be a good time to officially release this.
(That and I forgot to release it when I had actually finished it and there was no extra criticism given other than to move the RB4 logo a bit to the right which I did)

Oh well.
ENJOY IT GUYS!

(click image to open a new tab with the full size version)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
A Note to Our European Fans by HMXPOPE on their forums

Hey Gang,

Since launch we’ve been diligently keeping tabs on all the discussions going on here, as well as on other sites and social media. It’s clear that amongst our European Rock Band community there have been some frustrations “Where’s all my DLC?” “Why’s my DLC broken?” “I want to buy this game but can’t find it at my local store! What’s going on?” “Why doesn’t Harmonix care about its European fans?”

First off, thanks for sticking with us as we work through post-launch to address the issues you are reporting. We acknowledge that things haven’t been perfect. But I assure you we do care, very deeply, we are always listening, and we’re working through resolving everything.

Where are we with broken and missing DLC catalog tracks on the PlayStation Store in the SCEE region?

There are currently 431 songs with issues on the PlayStation Store in the SCEE region.
We expected we’d be able to say “it’s fixed” a lot sooner than it has turned out to be.
While we’ve made progress on the North American (SCEA) side, we appreciate it may have been frustrating for players to see less movement on the SCEE side and this is due to slightly different technical processes across the stores.
Our DLC producers have been working very closely with their counterparts at SCEE all along to identify and solve problems in the submission and entitlement process as they come up.
The SCEE folks have outlined a solution which will resolve the lion’s share of marketplace issues in one bulk update. For some more in depth information, the development work behind the scenes to ensure that our existing PS3 content is transferred across to PS4 is significant and there are many variables that need to be checked and built into the development cycle.
SCEE is already well underway with the process and targeting early December for release for the content to be updated in the Store.
We’ll communicate any further information as it comes up
As always, please continue to report any issues you come across with specific tracks as you find them! We also have seen feedback from European customers that they’ve had a hard time finding Rock Band 4 in their local retailers.

While you can readily download the game digitally from Xbox Live or the PSN Store, we’ve been overwhelmed with demand from retail regarding hardware bundles and we’re working hard with our partners at Mad Catz to restock on a weekly basis.

While we’ll continue to see big demand on stock through the year’s end, we’ll see more flowing into retailers in 2016 to respond to the demand we’ve seen.

Meanwhile, guitar bundles and Band in a Box bundles are IN STOCK at these retailers:

GAME UK
Amazon UK
Argos UK
Amazon DE
GameStop Germany
GameStop Nordics
Micromania France
FNAC France

We’ve always valued our European fans, and will continue to do so by showing up at events like GamesCom, Eurogamer Expo, and Paris Games Week, which Rock Band 4 has attended in 2015. Hope to see you at the next one!

So December. I'm guessing about a month from now, which is a long time still (and I don't count on the December 8th update being available Day 1 in Europe anyway), but at least we know.

Ok, so I am officially in fubar'd mode for this, the new Xbox dash is final, and there's still no word whether I have a one off case where my controller is screwed or if it's the Xbox that doesn't work. I've been able to try on two systems and the controller won't sync with either one. Harmonix support says go talk to MadCatz, and MadCatz say talk to MS, and MS support doesn't answer.

Anyone run into similar issues (Xbox, RB4, NXOE beta, never synced on old dash)?

Kolma

Ok, so I am officially in fubar'd mode for this, the new Xbox dash is final, and there's still no word whether I have a one off case where my controller is screwed or if it's the Xbox that doesn't work. I've been able to try on two systems and the controller won't sync with either one. Harmonix support says go talk to MadCatz, and MadCatz say talk to MS, and MS support doesn't answer.

Anyone run into similar issues (Xbox, RB4, NXOE beta, never synced on old dash)?

I don't want to be blunt or condescending but you know how to properly sync the instruments?
Hold sync on console, hold sync on controller after powering it on etc.

If the issue continues to arise just tell MadCatz the controller isn't working.
Make up a lie if you have to that Microsoft said it's not an issue on their end and just try to get the Guitar RMA'd
(Harmonix has no part in this as they do not create the instruments)

Scapegoat

Still want to know why RB3 calibration on my Asus monitor is 0ms/5ms but for the same settings on RB4, it's 165ms/45ms.
Could it be that you have your PS4/Xbone set to Dolby Digital or DTS? Normally in RB3 I believe it would simply output stereo (ignoring the 360/PS3s output settings) resulting in relatively low audio delay, but as soon as you toggled on the Dolby Digital modifier it (expectedly) jumped up at least 100ms. Similarly, when I switch my Xbone's system settings from Dolby to Stereo my audio delay goes from 100ms+ to like 20. Like others I also have issues with Dolby not outputting surround sound (though I've found that it for me it's just that the back two speakers are only outputting sound at a level you have to press your ear against to hear...). And, like RB3 when I'm set to stereo I believe I get matrixed sound to my back two speakers (at levels that I can actually hear).

Hopefully all these issues get resolved in the December patch because I'm definitely in the camp that finds the sound in RB4 overall flatter with wild variations in mixing. Primarily the lead guitar and crowd vocals flucuate wildly... with lead guitar being mixed super low, so I can barely hear it, and crowd vocals mixed insanely high, way louder then the lead singer or even the other instruments... Bizarre when it happens to say the least!

CloudWolf

Scapegoat said:
and crowd vocals mixed insanely high, way louder then the lead singer or even the other instruments... Bizarre when it happens to say the least!
Man, I thought I was the only one that was really bothered by this. I was playing with headphones on and Behind Blue Eyes came up. I couldn't hear shit since the crowd vocals were literally overpowering everything else in the song.

I don't want to be blunt or condescending but you know how to properly sync the instruments?
Hold sync on console, hold sync on controller after powering it on etc.

If the issue continues to arise just tell MadCatz the controller isn't working.
Make up a lie if you have to that Microsoft said it's not an issue on their end and just try to get the Guitar RMA'd
(Harmonix has no part in this as they do not create the instruments)
Yes, have tried all the possible sync issues, going as far as debugging this by removing External HDD and Kinect as possible interference causes. Have done the exact steps. Even recorded a video for both Harmonix and MadCatz support and they're both puzzled as hell. I had it flicker once for a second before it disconnected. In fact I just got an email form the MadCatz support that they're aware it's still an ongoing issue with their instruments with NXOE.

Edit, here is their reply:
If you are in the beta preview program for Xbox One and have opted in to the New Xbox One Experience beta then this is a known issue with that version at this time. Can you confirm if you happen to be an Xbox One preview member?
To note, I am now on the final version of their new dash, and while it connects if I place the guitar right next to it, it is guaranteed to drop connection within 10 seconds. Based on what I've seen, this looks like a consistent story for all accessories on Xbox one.

pacman85

Some kind of info about updates/exports coming soon™:

https://twitter.com/steve_janiak/status/664207620702674944
Man that info needs to hurry up and come out as I'm quickly losing interest in this game. With Halo 5 and SW:Battlefront to play right now I haven't touched RB4 in a while. Hopefully they have some good features/fixes with the December update along with all of the exports ready to go. That would be great as I'm already upset I won't be able to play this over the Thanksgiving holidays with my family with all of the exports and whatever features/fixes will be in the December update.

opoth

Banned
Man that info needs to hurry up and come out as I'm quickly losing interest in this game.

I think most people are in the same boat with having other gaming priorities right now, and that's cool. I'm glad I had a few weeks with it before FO4/Battlefront/Xeno X. I'm sure I'll play it as a palate cleanser here and there until I finish those games.

Rock Band to me has always been a series that involved weaving sessions inbetween other games for the long haul. Some people just want to beat on these games until they get their achievements/trophies and then be done with them, but Harmonix has always treated it as a series with a steady base that they keep on rewarding with DLC and new features over a long period of time.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Well... I'm pissed.
My PS3 Les Paul dongle came in, and after some trial and error on getting it connected, it turns out the Blue button doesn't work. Well, it works, but it doesn't always register. I guess that's what I get for buying the guitar at Goodwill.

So now I either have to find a Les Paul in much better condition or I find a PS4 guitar on its own as I just bought RB4 on its own.

At least I also got Tales of Zesteria to keep me busy... still, not happy.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
After the new dash update on XBO it takes FOREVER to download songs previously purchased.

Takes my system 14 seconds from hitting A to when I get the option of installing the song. I still have like 500 songs to go here :(

Lady Gaia

It is so stupid that you have to buy the god damn game twice to get a 2nd guitar if you're new.

It's equally unfortunate that you have to buy it twice if you want any instruments and a digital copy of the game. As a result I haven't bought a guitar yet. Hopefully we get news before long of when the unbundled instruments will be available.

After disappearing for a while due to a super hectic life at the moment, I return to GOLD STAR THE ENTIRETY OF ROCK BAND 4 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Top 10 Hardest Songs For Me To Gold Star:
10. "Toys in the Attic" by Aerosmith
9. "I Am Electric" by Heaven's Basement
8. "Metropolis - Part 1 'The Miracle and the Sleeper'" by Dream Theater
7. "Dream Genie" by Lightning Bolt
6. "At Night In Dreams" by White Denim
5. "Follow You Down" by Gin Blossoms
4. "The Feast and the Famine" by Foo Fighters
3. "Recession" by Jeff Allen ft. Noelle LeBlanc and Naoko Takamoto
2. "Halls of Valhalla" by Judas Priest
1. "Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo" by Rick Derringer

None were outright impossible but At Night In Dreams, Recession, and Halls of Valhalla pushed me to my limits. Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo pushed me to my limits on Bass and then I switched to Vocals and learned how to sing it after a bit and then did it effortlessly.

My personal goal is achieved for Rock Band 4! All gold, baby!!! :D

Really excited to hear about exports and would be ecstatic if they actually secured everything from every game.

I'm not expecting Metallica to play nice though.

zulux21

bleh.... I let the song downloads sit for a month but they still haven't fixed the if you purchased but didn't download the song you can't download it from with in game thing eh?

also doesn't seem like the green day rock band stuff is up on the ps4 yet :(

v1perz53

Bit of an odd question, but do the instruments bundled with PS4 version work on PS3? Thought it was possible since they just seem to be bluetooth but I'm not holding out any hope. Played GH/RB on 360 last gen, but got it for PS4 this gen. Bought RB 1 and 3 for eventual exporting, but curious if I can use PS4 instruments to play 1/3 on PS3 for now until it is available.

I would check myself, but my PS3 is at my parents house, and that would be a long drive and a lot of trouble if it turned out not to work.

Bit of an odd question, but do the instruments bundled with PS4 version work on PS3? Thought it was possible since they just seem to be bluetooth but I'm not holding out any hope. Played GH/RB on 360 last gen, but got it for PS4 this gen. Bought RB 1 and 3 for eventual exporting, but curious if I can use PS4 instruments to play 1/3 on PS3 for now until it is available.

I would check myself, but my PS3 is at my parents house, and that would be a long drive and a lot of trouble if it turned out not to work.

They shouldn't work
PS4 intruments on PS3 , entirely different authetification key.

The only way it would work is if RB3 get patched for support ( kinda like rb4 support RB old periphericals ) but that's very very unlikely.

Finally got round to playing Dead Black (Soul of Ice). My god, that was fun on guitar. Might just be the biggest surprise of the on-disc songs. Happy with the sight read Gold Stars too.

CloudWolf

After the new dash update on XBO it takes FOREVER to download songs previously purchased.

Takes my system 14 seconds from hitting A to when I get the option of installing the song. I still have like 500 songs to go here :(
My Games and Apps -> Rock Band 4 -> Manage Game -> Scroll all te way to the right

You're welcome.

Wtf. After the new Xbox dashboard installed, now RB4 is having issues. Like a ton of songs I had downloaded and played previously are now not in library. Then, when I go to the RB store to redownload, it says manage it from the games tab of the dashboard.

I just redid the song cache and it didn't fix it.

I know there were issues with the beta dashboard, but this is annoying.

My Games and Apps -> Rock Band 4 -> Manage Game -> Scroll all te way to the right

You're welcome.
Shows nothing but "clear reserved space." For me.

And shows on the dashboard my songs are installed, but rb4 isn't seeing them.

Wtf. After the new Xbox dashboard installed, now RB4 is having issues. Like a ton of songs I had downloaded and played previously are now not in library. Then, when I go to the RB store to redownload, it says manage it from the games tab of the dashboard.

I just redid the song cache and it didn't fix it.

I know there were issues with the beta dashboard, but this is annoying.

Just keep playing. As long as you're in Rock Band 4, the system will continue to recognize your DLC, and whenever you switch game modes or otherwise reload song cache, more of your songs will show up, with their old scores in tact.

CloudWolf

This DLC will sell like hotcakes.

Maybe I'll buy Shut Up and Dance, but these are not really my favorite modern pop songs.

EDIT: Huh, what's up with the "Free song with Sing" deal? Weird.

zulux21

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/666269563848298496/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGvfQk3oFro

Ed Sheeran - "Sing"
Saint Raymond - "Young Blood" (Comes free with "Sing")
Vance the Joy - "Riptide"
Walk the Moon - "Shut Up and Dance"

I'll buy them all.

a decent collection of modern pop songs that I don't absolutely hate (which I hate most of the pop music they play at work anymore)
that being said I don't actually like any of them either thus a pass for me.

I do wonder how many weeks I will be able to post a song by Dope that I wish I had instead that has the same title as a song we got.
this week is sing lol.

ElNarez

Banned
I'm kinda baffled at Sing not being a Main Disc song because as far as Being That One Fucking Song, Sing is pretty up there. It's that one fucking song that was everywhere, and there weren't that many of those in RB4.

I'll definitely get Sing (and by proxy Young Blood), but I fear that after the 2112/Ozzy Pack 02 debacle going to new consoles you think they would have learnt their lesson for futureproofing.

Going to buy so much DLC in December.

Top Bottom