• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Kolma

Never heard of Sing or Young Blood but I really like Shut up and Dance and Riptide.

Listening to Young Blood sounds interesting but Sing is very eeehhh.
Might get the 2 for 1 special anyways..but unsure with how I feel about Sing.
Doesn't sound very fun for drums.

The radio station my manager plays at work has made me hate all of those songs for the rest of eternity. Riptide in particular. Those lyrics are the worst, most hipster-pandering "omg so quirky" bullshit I've ever heard.

Sorry, I needed to get that out there.

Kolma

Also, random thought I recently had: Harmonix is probably going to ax the Lostprophets song from the Lego RB export, right?

A. god I hope not, I love playing rooftops.
B. it's already been exported when moved to RB2/3. There would have to be some serious licensing issues for RB4 to blacklist that song.

A. god I hope not, I love playing rooftops.
B. it's already been exported when moved to RB2/3. There would have to be some serious licensing issues for RB4 to blacklist that song.

It's happened before with Black Hole Sun and Dani California is Rock Band 3 (although that got fixed), but yeah, I'd like to keep Rooftops, regardless of the singer's transgressions.

Really excited to hear about exports and would be ecstatic if they actually secured everything from every game.

I'm not expecting Metallica to play nice though.

Also, random thought I recently had: Harmonix is probably going to ax the Lostprophets song from the Lego RB export, right?

I don't understand why some people are thinking/hoping the song availability in the old exports will change at all. We already paid for the rights to export a specific set of songs from each game, and as much as I'd like to get back some of the songs from the RB1/2 discs, I think it's way more likely they'd be put up as DLC rather than included as a free update to the export (but we'll probably never see them again anyway).

Kolma

It's less to do with licensing and more to do with this.

good lord...
Why would someone do that >.<
(do not derail the thread by commenting and continuing this specific tragedy)
Here's hoping we still get the song

Has Harmonix(or anyone) ever removed a song/DLC for a reason like this one or something that didn't have to do with licensing?

good lord...
Why would someone do that >.<
(do not derail the thread by commenting and continuing this specific tragedy)
Here's hoping we still get the song

Has Harmonix(or anyone) ever removed a song/DLC for a reason like this one or something that didn't have to do with licensing?

No, but I think it's possible in this particular case because Rooftops was specifically in the Lego export.

Kinda surprised 'Shut Up and Dance' wasn't on-disc, TBH. Very popular, fits the format, and has been getting radio play for a long time. Seemed like an obvious choice, much like Uptown Funk. I'll pick it up, seems like it's be popular at a party.

Personally can't stand Riptide or Sing. Not sure if I've heard Young Blood before.

Kolma

New DLC is officially up on Xbox One.
Not available within the game but can be purchased on console or Xbox.com
fKmJBATl.png

Kolma

Shut Up and Dance on the other hand is really fun to play.

yes, yes it is.

I'm still debating on whether or not I want to buy Sing just to get Young Blood.

Choice would have been dead simple if they were just both a dollar and I could skip out on SIng.

chunk3rvd

Happy to see Sing. Played it on GH:TV the other day and my first thought was "damn, the bass sounds much more fun than the guitar" and now I get to play it :)

Gaaraz

Any news on RBN tracks? I'm still on the 360 for now but looking to move across to Xbox One... there are loads of RBN tracks I have or want to get, but will hold off if they're not going to be ported across to Rock Band 4.

Also, is there any news on potentially getting an electronic drum kit working with this game? I only want the drums tbh, so paying £230 for the band pack when I could get a second hand electronic drum kit for less than that isn't very appealing. (I have the Guitar Hero kit from 360 which I don't think works even with the legacy adapter)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
EU PSN has been updated with some of the new DLC. Young Blood and I Still Believe are free as of now. Seems like everything else is 1.99&#8364; though...

DCS

Banned
EU PSN has been updated with some of the new DLC. Young Blood and I Still Believe are free as of now. Seems like everything else is 1.99€ though...

Nice. No 'Sing' though, bizarrely. Hopefully they are going to start uploading all of the legacy DLC now.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Any news on RBN tracks? I'm still on the 360 for now but looking to move across to Xbox One... there are loads of RBN tracks I have or want to get, but will hold off if they're not going to be ported across to Rock Band 4.

Nothing new from what I'm aware of. Talked with someone at Harmonix a couple weeks back and he either didn't know or wouldn't say anything about any RBN happening. But I have no reason not to believe the issue isn't logistics as has been said/implied. Which makes sense that they're not doing anything yet, since there's still other logistics they're fixing.

chunk3rvd

Young Blood just being straight up free is a nice waiting bonus.

Just annoying the rest of the songs are listed as £1.69.
I thought it was confirmed that £1.69 is the new price for DLC this gen? Shitty for us as that works out around $2.50 per song. Just means I'm less inclined to buy DLC which is the last thing they want with their "Rock Band as a platform" model

I thought it was confirmed that £1.69 is the new price for DLC this gen? Shitty for us as that works out around $2.50 per song. Just means I'm less inclined to buy DLC which is the last thing they want with their "Rock Band as a platform" model
Where does it say that? The PS blog itself says tracks from £1.19 onwards. We've got both free and £1.69 so that's clearly wrong.

HvySky

Oh my god. The simple fact that Rock Band 4 now has 'Shut Up and Dance' is making me immediately regret not getting it instead of Guitar Hero Live. I fucking love that song and it's the one I've been waiting to be added as DLC forever.

Nothing new from what I'm aware of. Talked with someone at Harmonix a couple weeks back and he either didn't know or wouldn't say anything about any RBN happening. But I have no reason not to believe the issue isn't logistics as has been said/implied. Which makes sense that they're not doing anything yet, since there's still other logistics they're fixing.

Makes me wonder if HMX could send out emails to all past RBN charting groups and see if they could get in contact with the rights holders of songs they originally contacted and see if they could re-upload them onto RB4. There's some hot stuff on RBN that we desperately need in RB4. Especially...

"The Touch" & "Till All Are One" by Stan Bush
"Blue" by Eifel 65
"St Elmo's Fire" by John Parr
"No Ghost" by The Haunted
"Megalodon" by Mastodon
All of Free Spirits debut album
All of Devin Townsend's "Ziltoid" album

And a whole bunch of other stuff! I don't even care about the freestyle stuff, keep 'em barebones!

Kolma

Makes me wonder if HMX could send out emails to all past RBN charting groups and see if they could get in contact with the rights holders of songs they originally contacted and see if they could re-upload them onto RB4. There's some hot stuff on RBN that we desperately need in RB4. Especially...

"Blue" by Eifel 65
"Megalodon" by Mastodon

And a whole bunch of other stuff! I don't even care about the freestyle stuff, keep 'em barebones!

How can you leave out all the songs by Harmonix(current and past) Bands like The Main Drag and Freezepop

zulux21

whether they are doing it or not RBN would be down on the list of things.
getting the store to work correctly in general should be up there (still can't download purchased songs from the in game store on the ps4)
as well as the track packs (rb1,2,3,lego, greenday ect)
and new features (such as the next major patch)

before worrying about RBN.
even if they do do RBN stuff though I imagine it will strictly be the stuff they released on the ps3.

Ozone

"Blue" by Eifel 65

"Megalodon" by Mastodon

You have excellent taste. ;)

Noticed the new DLC allows for seperate bass and guitar star tracking. Tried checking the same for the RB4 On-disc songs and they still only track one instrument. Odd.

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/666269563848298496/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGvfQk3oFro

Ed Sheeran - "Sing"
Saint Raymond - "Young Blood" (Comes free with "Sing")
Vance the Joy - "Riptide"
Walk the Moon - "Shut Up and Dance"

I'll buy them all.
I know 2 of those songs: Sing and Shut Up And Dance

Sing is awful, but it's in that low key inoffensive kind of bad that doesn't really upset me.
Shut Up And Dance makes my blood boil, though. I HATE it. But it's an instant party hit and every party I've gone to had that song play and people go ballistic over it. And you know me! When people are dancing having a good time, I get right into it and get my dance on.

So maybe I should buy Shut Up And Dance for parties. Even though I hate it. And I hate its guitar chart. And it stinks. I'm bitter.

Gaaraz

Ah, thank you. I'll wait to see what happens then :) Will definitely hold off buying any new songs.

Has anyone had any joy getting an electronic kit working with Rock Band 4? I wanted to get an electronic kit with a double bass pedal if possible. Thanks!

(edit) was probably thinking of getting the Yamaha DTX400K

Ah, thank you. I'll wait to see what happens then :) Will definitely hold off buying any new songs.

Has anyone had any joy getting an electronic kit working with Rock Band 4? I wanted to get an electronic kit with a double bass pedal if possible. Thanks!

My Roland kit works fine on PS4 with the RB3 MIDI adapter. I don't think anything works on the XBone at the moment except for some DIY solutions. Check this thread.

I picked this up, but I just don't have the urge to play it regularly. I played it for hours at launch but haven't touched it since.

Do I think it's a very good game? Yes. However, my interest in music games -- especially as someone who doesn't have friends over to game anymore -- has really lessened.

I'm thinking about selling it for $300 (it's $350 new, plus I have an extra guitar to go with it), but don't want to regret it if they add something amazing via DLC. I can't see anything too major coming, though.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member

I have the DTX500 and it works just fine, great even. Only thing is that the freestyle drum fills lag, so I can only really play with static fills, but thats the way to go anyway if you ask me.
ebay has plenty of adapters, most of them come from the US though (should not be a problem with PAL consoles).

Gaaraz

I have the DTX500 and it works just fine, great even. Only thing is that the freestyle drum fills lag, so I can only really play with static fills, but thats the way to go anyway if you ask me.
ebay has plenty of adapters, most of them come from the US though (should not be a problem with PAL consoles).
That's great, thank you! Leaning towards the DTX400 then as I think for a beginner it's a solid kit (I don't even know what static fills are - lots and lots to learn!)

And you're right about Ebay, plenty on there and for a reasonable price. God knows what I was searching for earlier! Will pick one up. Just to confirm it's PS4 only right?

BrokenBox

Good fixes.

I very much hope that Set lists in Quickplay get added in the next big feature update. Playing through the Career worked well to keep my attention away from no Set lists in QP, but now that I've completed it and I'll be mostly playing from Quickplay it would be nice to have. Shows are an okay substitute, but it's not the same, and I know this would be good for albums and certain songs, too.

Top Bottom