• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Kolma

People taking pride in their musical taste, I'd say.

not so guity pleasures

I like X and I'm proud
635775948731096389444395142_image.jpg

So with no further word on IONs, does anyone have a link or suggestion for modding an old kit to use as a pass through/brain for my IONs? I got my hands on a broken kit. The circuit board is fine and works, but the stock pads are destroyed.

chunk3rvd

Raised a support ticket with Sony EU a few weeks back due to not being able to download one of my Blitz tracks (Avenged Sevenfold). Apparently it's a pretty common problem and there is a workaround to download the track so I forgot about the support ticket and wasn't bothered when they didn't get back to me. Just logged into my email and I had the following off Sony:

Hi,

You recently raised a case with us regarding Rock Band 4 and not being able to download certain content.

We are aware that some users are reporting issues accessing their Rock Band 4 content on PS4 and we are working with the publisher to get this resolved.

As we are currently unable to provide a resolution, we have now processed a refund for these songs back to your Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account wallet.

For further updates with regards to this content you should visit the game's official website.

If you have any further questions please contact us on the details below or by replying to this email. Please quote [removed] and one of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks

PlayStation Support

They've refunded £8.99 to me - the full cost of my original RB Blitz purchase. Just hope they haven't removed the Blitz entitlement from my account as I enjoyed the game on its own!

zulux21

is there any word on if in game screen resizing is coming?

rock band 4 is the only thing on my ps4 or tv in general that cuts off part of the screen as I only see oin and tions below the green bar. it's not a huge deal but it's still slightly annoying.

Someone have problem with loosing connection between guitar and console?? New guitar and Xbox One. After 30 min or so my guitar always disconnect. Don't receive any inputs. I need to turn it off and on again.

Someone have problem with loosing connection between guitar and console?? New guitar and Xbox One. After 30 min or so my guitar always disconnect. Don't receive any inputs. I need to turn it off and on again.

Are you using actual batteries, or the shitty ones that come with the guitar?

Use Energizers.

Gaaraz

Seems like you wanna get into drumming, and Rock Band is more of an afterthought, so go for it I'd say. Maybe "pretend drumming" in RB might feel a bit awkward, but the 400 is an okay enough beginner's choice that you can goof around with a bit. Try the USB adaptor sometime (which you will get anyway maybe, since you might want to get your MIDIs on your computer some time?), and maybe it's even good enough for you to play RB with (I don't really know about the supposed adaptor -> RB4 problems, sorry). Maybe look around for a cheap 450k, since that comes with the infinitely better multi-zone snare.
Thanks again for the great advice :) To be honest, after playing some RB3 and struggling with any drums on hard, and also the drum training intermediate beats I am wondering if I'm cut out for this now! But I will persist and once I've completed the training I'm looking at buying a proper kit.

I was hoping to connect the electronic kit up to the PC for the most part anyway (when I'm not using it for Rock Band) - mostly so I can play songs on my PC and drum along with them :)

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Great pack. Bought.

It's nice to know that the cheaper bundle prices are back.

The last Aerosmith pack had a bundle price as well. $10 for six songs.

$10 for these Van Halen songs is totally worth it. They're all great. It also leaves the door open for another pack with tracks like You Really Got Me, Jamie's Cryin', Pretty Woman... Just give me all the Van Halen, Harmonix.

That pack will be mine. It might not have entirely been the pack that I would wanted, but the pack will be mine. I'll avoid being annoyed that the pack will cost more than it probably should on the UK PSN store, much like I was with the Aerosmith pack. Speaking of which, and guesses that this is how the DLC schedule will be for a while? We got the Aerosmith pack around this time last month, U2 six pack in four weeks time with singles in between? I wouldn't complain about that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Aerosmith, Van Halen, Rock Band finally scoring those GH exclusives from the past.

When's Metallica?

Van Halen time.

Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love
And the Cradle Will Rock
Dance the Night Away
Hot For Teacher
Runnin' With the Devil
Unchained
AWESOME AWESOME pack

Unchained is my favorite Van Halen song (and is also my ringtone) and Hot For Teacher?!? Runnin' With The Devil???? NICE

The On Tour games might be worse. Van Halen is the worst I've played.
DUDE WHAT?! On Tour was INCREDIBLE!

That game is what got me into Guitar Hero! The worst Guitar Hero game is by FAR 5. I HATE 5 with a fiery burning inferno of a passion. One of the worst sequels to one of my favorite games of all time (Guitar Hero: World Tour)

Davey Cakes

I can't believe we're still waiting on standalone guitar controllers.

Everyone I know who has RB4 switched console families to play it. Everyone's Xbox stuff is now useless and no one is really interested in seeking out used standalone PS3 guitar controllers or anything.

AWESOME AWESOME pack

Unchained is my favorite Van Halen song (and is also my ringtone) and Hot For Teacher?!? Runnin' With The Devil???? NICE

That game is what got me into Guitar Hero! The worst Guitar Hero game is by FAR 5. I HATE 5 with a fiery burning inferno of a passion. One of the worst sequels to one of my favorite games of all time (Guitar Hero: World Tour)

Really? I thought the consensus was that 5 was Neversoft's best GH.

I can't believe we're still waiting on standalone guitar controllers.

Everyone I know who has RB4 switched console families to play it. Everyone's Xbox stuff is now useless and no one is really interested in seeking out used standalone PS3 guitar controllers or anything.

I got this today:

Mad Catz® Ships Rock Band™ 4 Standalone Wireless Fender™ Stratocaster™ Guitar Controller
Get Ready To Shred And Complete Your Full Band Experience This Holiday Season!

San Diego – November 23, 2015 – Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (“Mad Catz”) (NYSE MKT/TSX: MCZ) announced today the availability of the standalone Rock Band 4 Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller for Xbox One and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Built to deliver an unrivalled rock experience, the Wireless Guitar Controller is perfect for shredding in the game's new flagship feature – Freestyle Guitar Solos. Now, gamers can purchase the standalone Wireless Guitar Controller, ideal for use as a lead guitar with either the digital or software versions of Rock Band 4. In addition, gamers can now use the Wireless Guitar Controller to complement their Band-in-a-Box™ bundle, allowing their band to play both lead and bass guitar simultaneously and experience the ecstatic rush of playing with a full four-piece band.

The Rock Band 4 Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller is now available for purchase for either the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 through the Official Rock Band 4 Store online at store.madcatz.com and other top retailers.

Based on the authentic and iconic Fender Stratocaster Guitar, a defining symbol of rock n' roll for decades, the Rock Band 4 Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller features two sets of fret buttons, a silent strum bar, a whammy bar, and a redesigned tilt sensor for precision Overdrive activation. With improved battery life and no need for external adapters or dongles, the Wireless Guitar Controller seamlessly connects with either the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 gaming console and features automatic game calibration technology, adapting to your TV screen for low latency, fuss-free precision.

“With Rock Band 4, Harmonix has created the defining music gaming platform for this generation –delivering the only full-band experience available and an ever growing music library of rock’s biggest acts,” said Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz. “We’re excited to now give gamers the opportunity to add a Wireless Guitar Controller, and complete their Rock Band 4 experience.”

Called “the new benchmark for rhythm gaming” by GamesRadar+, Rock Band 4 delivers the ecstatic rush of a live full-band game experience like never before. Rock Band 4 builds on the core gameplay people love, with brand new features, including game-changing Freestyle Guitar Solo gameplay that allows players to craft their own face-melting and truly original guitar solos.

For more information or to purchase Rock Band 4 Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller, please visit: http://store.madcatz.com/Rock-Band-4/

Guitar Hero 5 was generally considered the worst. Most people who actually played it state Warriors of Rock to be the best of the original series, although obviously soundtrack is always subjective.

Van Halen is cool DLC too. Safe picks, but no Jump is a little surprising.

Nah, 5 is the best. Better graphically, had a better career mode, fixed the issues with those purple notes and vocals on the whole, introduced the 6th star for FCs and had an incredible soundtrack. Queen, Tom Petty, Screaming Trees, King Crimson, Spacehog, David Bowie, Wild Cherry... There was a lot going for that game. World Tour was good fun, and has a soundtrack that's actually got better in my mind as time's went on, but it's far from perfect. And the worst sequel goes to III. A horrible mess of charting and a fairly ugly game on the whole. Neversoft massively improved as time went on though.

I feel the opposite about World Tour and 5. World Tour was my least favorite mainline Guitar Hero, while 5 re-instilled my trust in Neversoft.

farisr

Aerosmith, Van Halen, Rock Band finally scoring those GH exclusives from the past.

When's Metallica?

Would absolutely love this. Also, I'd buy an Unforgiven triple pack in an instant. Almost all the RB3 nights that we had (I had installed custom songs ported over from GH:M) we ended up playing either the first or third unforgiven at least once, and would fight over who would get to sing the 3rd one.

CloudWolf

When's Metallica?
Why do people keep mentioning Aerosmith as a Guitar Hero exclusive that only recently came to Rock Band? Rock Band 3 already had an Aerosmith pack years ago.

I feel the opposite about World Tour and 5. World Tour was my least favorite mainline Guitar Hero, while 5 re-instilled my trust in Neversoft.
I agree. World Tour was terrible, but GH5 was pretty cool.

Lady Gaia

I'm very happy to hear the standalone guitars are coming sooner than expected. I'm amused that Mad Catz cites immediate availability at "other top retailers." Evidently Amazon is some kind of also-ran because they don't even list the item, much less have availability.

Calcium

Banned
I'm thrilled they are adding an auto-kick feature. I love the feel of playing the drums, but I am just horrible at using the kick pedal and no matter how much practice I put in I don't seem to get any better at it. I play on Hard and there are a few songs I can get 4-5 stars on, but most songs are too complicated for my brain to comprehend. It'll be nice to finally be able to play the drums without having to worry about the damn kick pedal.

pacman85

Now that most of the individual instruments are out in the wild it's looking to have the complete setup of all the latest and greatest instruments, it's costs $460. Band in a box bundle plus one extra guitar plus cymbal expansion plus 2 mics. Daaaaaaaang!

On the Twitter side of things in my circle, yeah. But who says that I have to bow to consensus! I am an individual!

Nah, 5 is the best. Better graphically, had a better career mode, fixed the issues with those purple notes and vocals on the whole, introduced the 6th star for FCs and had an incredible soundtrack. Queen, Tom Petty, Screaming Trees, King Crimson, Spacehog, David Bowie, Wild Cherry... There was a lot going for that game. World Tour was good fun, and has a soundtrack that's actually got better in my mind as time's went on, but it's far from perfect. And the worst sequel goes to III. A horrible mess of charting and a fairly ugly game on the whole. Neversoft massively improved as time went on though.
RANKINGS TIME! I love lists!!!

In order from best to worst:
Guitar Hero World Tour
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero On Tour
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Band Hero
Guitar Hero Van Halen
Guitar Hero 5

My feelings from Van Halen and Band Hero are neck and neck, but the rest are pretty solid. Haven't played any other Guitar Hero game, with the exception of like 5 minutes of On Tour: Modern Hits.

BONUS ROCK BAND RANKINGS:
Rock Band 3
Lego Rock Band
Rock Band 2
Rock Band Blitz
The Beatles: Rock Band
Green Day: Rock Band
Rock Band
Rock Band 4
Rock Band Unplugged

I love lists so much ohmygosh

Top Bottom