• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Yaari

Probably the result of pumping out high quantity of DLC in time. I'd be surprised if they had much time to polish the performance of every individual song.

It sucks but that's the downside of all the work with such a backlog. I'm not sure if they are able to go back to them to make them look better. Or if that is even something they would consider at all.

bounchfx

watching the clint eastwood video only reinforces my hate for freestyle solos

i hope i can permanently disable that shit

Yaari

Yeah I hate it too. It's like that shit in Dance Central, they did nearly the exact same thing there.

I just want to play the song itself.

FyreWulff

you can disable it by simply pressing the dpad mid-song

clint eastwood sounds wonky though because they charted piano to the guitar in that one and it seems freestyle mode only ever makes guitar sound effects. so it clashes.

Underwhelming character creator. There are 5 hairstyles if you count "Bald" as one. None of my friends have any of these weird hairdos so I find it difficult to make characters that are realistic.

Oh, and no footwear! No boots, sneakers, whatever. Everybody wears ballet slippers or something. Blech.

Gorki247

Has there been any confirmation from HMX what will happen with delisted songs. If we bought these previously, will we be able to get them for RB4 or are they gone for good?

FyreWulff

Has there been any confirmation from HMX what will happen with delisted songs. If we bought these previously, will we be able to get them for RB4 or are they gone for good?

Pretty sure the plan is you can use them in RB4. They're working through all the songs at this time to get them to work. It's thousands of pieces of content.

espher

Wow it looks terrible in comparison to what's going on in the RB3 video, all the characters interacting and signing along dancing around stage, RB4 everyone looks pretty stiff.

I actually always felt the RB3 video had 'too much' going on for the tone/pace of the song, so I'm glad to see RB4's isn't pared back a little bit... but unfortunately it feels a little too mellow. :/

ViciousDS

Banned
I actually always felt the RB3 video had 'too much' going on for the tone/pace of the song, so I'm glad to see RB4's isn't pared back a little bit... but unfortunately it feels a little too mellow. :/

just watch eye of the tiger for RB2.....RB4 is definitely lifeless compared to even RB2....RB2 did a beautiful job of imagery going on, on stage

Eanan

Underwhelming character creator. There are 5 hairstyles if you count "Bald" as one. None of my friends have any of these weird hairdos so I find it difficult to make characters that are realistic.

Oh, and no footwear! No boots, sneakers, whatever. Everybody wears ballet slippers or something. Blech.
Seriously. I'm no gane designer but surely they could have just brought all the templates for hair/clothes from rb3 over...

FyreWulff

That's insaaaaaaaaaaaaaane. When authored right, that added a lot of style to some songs. This is a huge bummer.

well technically the notes to trigger them would still be in the chart data (as you obviously know :V), so harmonix could add them back in without having to touch existing songs down the road

U2NUMB

So no hero stats at all on Xbox One Harmonix? Really.?? I think only one maybe 2 games were that lazy before but it seems RB4 might be another one... how about total notes hit or total songs played.. give us stat fans something in the Hero stats page on X1.. ugh

Edit: So they must not be showing up on the dash but TrueAchievements are pulling these stats.. Progress, Songs Played, Stars Earned.

Ok well its better than nothing Harmonix but you could have done even more...

Ozone

well technically the notes to trigger them would still be in the chart data (as you obviously know :V), so harmonix could add them back in without having to touch existing songs down the road
That isn't a definite, since these tracks were totally recreated for RB4. That's how there's freestyle solos and harmonies in pre-RB3 songs. Who knows what's in there until someone has actually dissected one of these to see.

ViciousDS

Banned
I asked the chap who served me at GAME this morning to check the adapter stock on the system and they didn't have any that hadn't already been pre-ordered.

Again, he said they'd been given 'abysmal' levels of stock generally.

lol, Madcatz are banking on this game to save their company.....but short everyone hardware....smart move

lentini

It's not in stock, it's showing as in stock but doesn't let you add the item to the basket unfortunately

EDIT: Acually when you go to add to basket it says this item is out of stock

Shame as i have this bundle preorders with 365Games, GameStop UK and Argos and none have dispatched yet

It was in stock as I ordered one

Southcott

I asked the chap who served me at GAME this morning to check the adapter stock on the system and they didn't have any that hadn't already been pre-ordered.

Again, he said they'd been given 'abysmal' levels of stock generally.

Yeah I had the same issue, I called my local 3 GAME stores and they all said they had about 1-2 preorders each for the legacy bundle and they weren't sent any extra

1 did call me saying they might be getting one free sale one later on today though and it's got my name on it. Fingers crossed!

I just downloaded several of my missing songs: Fell on Black Days, The Rock Show, Don't Tell Me You Love Me, and Jerk It Out.

EDIT: Eat Me Alive, Relax, and The Stroke as well. All that isn't showing up for me from what I can tell is Inside the Fire and Child in Time.

Eanan

Can anyone shed some light on the Green Day Export pack for Xbox One? There's no way I'm spending £45 to rebuy Dookie, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown.

Ive been trying to export it on xbox 360 and tie it to my account for RB 4 on xbox one, but it doesn't seem to work at all. Accepts payment then gives an error which apparently means going by google that the content your trying to buy is not available to buy anymore.

So I just downloaded the PS4 version (UK) how do I get my songs from previous Rock Bands? I clicked rebuild library and it didn't do anything and the in game store doesn't work apparently

I just downloaded several of my missing songs: Fell on Black Days, The Rock Show, Don't Tell Me You Love Me, and Jerk It Out.

Yep, at this point I don't think anything I have is missing other than delisted stuff which we may or may not get.

Edit: Child in Time is there for me, you should give it another search.

Gorki247

Can anyone shed some light on the Green Day Export pack for Xbox One? There's no way I'm spending £45 to rebuy Dookie, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown.

It's not up yet. HMX said that all the export pack should be available shortly after launch.

Hellers

So I just downloaded the PS4 version (UK) how do I get my songs from previous Rock Bands? I clicked rebuild library and it didn't do anything and the in game store doesn't work apparently

Coming "Soon"tm

Like all the missing or half developed features and some hardware stocks presumably

You guys are making me not want this game :(

Going to Tesco tonight to decide whether or not I want to spend £220 on the BIAB bundle for Xbone. It's a lot of money but I really love Rock Band.

BJK

Are you using legacy controllers? If so, did you do anything specifically?

Sorry for the response delay; sleep happens. I used a PS3 strat, which I bought during the RB2 era (after my launch guitar died). Held it up to the stereo speaker & TV just like I did for RB2/3. It failed the first time - in both video and audio calibration - but after that, it worked. The game made recommendations about dimming the lights or avoiding echoey rooms, but I didn't take either suggestion when the process failed.

My only complaint after one night of playing is that I would love to see them have TV overscan protection. I can barely see the success/failure bar on the left side of the screen. Most modern games correct for this by now. (Probably another sign my decade old HDTV tube monstrosity is getting a bit long in the tooth.)

FaintDeftone

Anybody know if the Rock Band in-game store makes it any easier to download previously purchased tracks? I scanned through and downloaded as much as I could last night but I've purchased so many songs so long ago that I can't remember what all I own. I feel like I'm missing a bunch. I'm buying the XBO version at some point today.

Anybody know if the Rock Band in-game store makes it any easier to download previously purchased tracks? I scanned through and downloaded as much as I could last night but I've purchased so many songs so long ago that I can't remember what all I own. I feel like I'm missing a bunch. I'm buying the XBO version at some point today.

It would make it easier to find your songs.

zip stick

In game store was timing out for me this morning, so couldnt try it out :-(

Top Bottom