• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

FaintDeftone

So is the Xbox One version with the legacy adapter hard to find? I was expecting to be easily able to jump in and grab a copy this afternoon at Best Buy. I hope that is the case!

CloudWolf

Isn't that for Xbox only so far?
I havent heard of any PS4 order shenanigans.

Seems like a manufacturing problem to me that happened with XB1.

Here in The Netherlands Bol.com (the biggest online retailer) shows the PS4 versions of the game as "order today, receive tomorrow" and the Xbox One versions as "not yet released". Looks to me like a manufacturing problem.

So is the Xbox One version with the legacy adapter hard to find? I was expecting to be easily able to jump in and grab a copy this afternoon at Best Buy. I hope that is the case!

No store I have hit has gotten that one, and the BB i preordered at in August is saying that version won't be available until Thursday at the earliest.

Bauer91

Ok, real talk.
What are currently the advantages of playing RB4 on PS4 instead of RB3 on PS3?
Assuming one has all the old instruments, the fact that the new setlist pales compared to the otherwise missing songs and exports and that both systems are hooked up to the TV.

It depends on what's fun for you in Rock Band.

Personally, the best improvement that RB4 has over RB3 (and one of the very few so far sadly) is that you get to see how close to gold starring a song you are. There's also a counter showing you how much more you have to wait before the instrument you're playing has a part in the song. And the RB4 setlist should be vastly superior to RB3 for plastic guitar players.

FyreWulff

Is anyone having problems with harmonies on the PS4 version? the game only seems to detect one mic

qs:

1) Are all the mics in actual PS4 USB ports, or in a hub?

2) If they are in a hub, is the hub powered?

3) Do all of the mics work in your PC? They should.

Psymatiq

Neo Member
Are there any Leaderboard features on this at all?

There are leaderboards they are only acceable in quickplay when you go over the songs. nothing shows when you finish a song beside score and star count.

Game is so freaking barebone, its basically a game preview version.

Here in The Netherlands Bol.com (the biggest online retailer) shows the PS4 versions of the game as "order today, receive tomorrow" and the Xbox One versions as "not yet released". Looks to me like a manufacturing problem.

No store I have hit has gotten that one, and the BB i preordered at in August is saying that version won't be available until Thursday at the earliest.

Yeah thats what I thought. It's an Xb1 problem - sorry guys I pre ordered like a week before it came out on PS4 and my copy is at BB right now. XB1 probably has sold more + some manufacturing problem which is making it hard to find.

This is starting to get annoying, i still can't download any dlc i bought yesterday -_- Not a big fan of most of the tracklist on the game so i guess i'll just wait until i can actually download the songs i bought

I knew there was a good reason to not download songs ahead of time....I have a feeling the cache is all sorts of fucked with downloading DLC for actually without having the game installed/registered.

Will need Baron and others to confirm when they get the game later.

Hmm iv yet to try quickplay but when I started it built the song cache and it said 242 songs which felt right about what I grabbed. There is an option to rebuild the song cache whenever you want to. During the Tour there are parts where they seem to force you to select on disc songs only but other parts where they are all involved. I'm heading over to a friends house to play some more in an hour or so. Il check quickplay and the store really quick to see if my DLC is there and registering.

Anyone think that there is any chance of wired controllers eventually working for XBox One? I really have the itch to go buy this today, but would love to buy the game only if possible. I have an Xplorer guitar and the RB1 drums. My main "instrument" are vocals, so I could get by for a while with just singing, but would eventually want to play guitar and drums.

Right now, my plan is to probably get the guitar/game pack and wait for the drums... or wait for wired b/c.

ViciousDS

Banned
Hmm iv yet to try quickplay but when I started it built the song cache and it said 242 songs which felt right about what I grabbed. There is an option to rebuild the song cache whenever you want to. During the Tour there are parts where they seem to force you to select on disc songs only but other parts where they are all involved. I'm heading over to a friends house to play some more in an hour or so. Il check quickplay and the store really quick to see if my DLC is there and registering.

yes, see if it says buy now or whatever the op was talking about when its already installed. I think it just shows a price and when you click on it for the store page it says installed.

FyreWulff

Anyone think that there is any chance of wired controllers eventually working for XBox One? I really have the itch to go buy this today, but would love to buy the game only if possible. I have an Xplorer guitar and the RB1 drums. My main "instrument" are vocals, so I could get by for a while with just singing, but would eventually want to play guitar and drums.

Right now, my plan is to probably get the guitar/game pack and wait for the drums... or wait for wired b/c.

It's 100% in Microsoft's ball court

jond76

Banned
This is starting to get annoying, i still can't download any dlc i bought yesterday -_- Not a big fan of most of the tracklist on the game so i guess i'll just wait until i can actually download the songs i bought

There is a menu option to "rebuild song cache". Try that.

I tried going to the ps store on my laptop but i can only download them to my ps3 :/

Anyone else having trouble downloading songs (EU PSN) ?
I literally had to go to the song page add to basket, (free) confirm purchase and then I got the PS4 option. It's annoying but it's the only way it worked for me

opoth

Banned
I'm happy that I have something like 400 songs to tide me over for now. I'm satisfied with the initial feature set. Keys and exports are missed the most, it's nice to know that exports are coming and the DLC filesizes indicate that the key charts are likely still present when applicable, even if there's no current plans for supporting them in the near future.

It wouldn't surprise me if besides the logistics of getting everything into the shop on time, spacing out the legacy DLC and exports from each other was an intentional choice to mitigate the feeding frenzy. I'm assuming most people who bought the game day one have all or most of the exports in their library which will add 100-400 songs to everyone's pile of downloads depending on how many if the exports they're entitled to.

Let's just hope the export delay is only a week or two and not with the December update or whatever.

Storm360

qs:

1) Are all the mics in actual PS4 USB ports, or in a hub?

2) If they are in a hub, is the hub powered?

3) Do all of the mics work in your PC? They should.

Found the problem, PS4 only enables one mic per user... so we had to log in multiple accounts using other instruments... thats really annoying and dumb

Adventures in Trying to Find Rock Band 4 at retail Part Deux:

Southeast Virginia

Another Walmart: No stock whatsoever.

Best Buy: PS4: 1 Guitar Bundle, 1 BIAB
Xbone: 2 Guitar Bundles, 2 BIAB

Costco: A pallet with 5 each BIAB. $219.99 I pulled the trigger! Because I'm an addict.

As to those who say I should have preordered dawg: I did. Amazon. Game and Legacy controller. A month ago. They totally dropped the ball.

Now, lemme try out this guitar.

Zave

Has anybody already tried to play Rock Band 4 on PS4 with a Guitar Hero guitar? I'm trying to use my old GH World Tour guitar with its wireless receiver, but the receiver won't turn on when plugged in the PS4 USB ports. I managed to make it work just twice, out of luck. If plugged in any other USB port (PC and so on), the receiver turns on without any problem. The PS4 USB ports are perfectly fine, they recharge my Dual Shock 4 and the Rock Band controller works well.

I have bought Rock Band 4 on PlayStation Store and I don't have my old Rock Band guitar, so I need to use the GH World Tour controller instead. Sigh :(

Has anybody already tried to play Rock Band 4 on PS4 with a Guitar Hero guitar? I'm trying to use my old GH World Tour guitar with its wireless receiver, but the receiver won't turn on when plugged in the PS4 USB ports. I managed to make it work just twice, out of luck. If plugged in any other USB port (PC and so on), the receiver turns on without any problem. The PS4 USB ports are perfectly fine, they recharge my Dual Shock 4 and the Rock Band controller works well.

I have bought Rock Band 4 on PlayStation Store and I don't have my old Rock Band guitar, so I need to use the GH World Tour controller instead. Sigh :(

I was able to play last night with a GH Warriors of Rock guitar and a RB2 strat, on PS4. Had no problems after manual calibration.

My World Tour guitar works fine but the tilt sensor & touch strip doesn't work.

FaintDeftone

So word on the street is that the game+adapter bundle has been delayed to October 9th. Anybody able to find one in the wild? This kinda sucks...

Kolma

SQUEE
12142711_483789191792833_403506268_n.jpg

Just picked up my BIAB from Best Buy
So glad I did in store pickup :D

Just got home from picking up my Xbox One guitar+game bundle. They had a few guitars and band bundles for Xbox One, but apparently they didn't receive their PS4 shipment yet.

Excited to get playing!!!

Stanng243

Any idea how long it takes Harmonix to answer a ticket? or askplaystation to answer a question? I really miss the online chat.

pfkas

Amigos, I'm bang up for some leaderboard action, limited though it is - please add me - psn - CyberHippy78. ta muchly :)

hollams

Gold Member
Is there any lag when singing?

I never could sing on the Xbox 360 because of the lag, my voice would be about a second behind the actual vocals.

Sukospin

Xbone Band in a Box showing up online at BB for shipping and pickup now. The game and adapter bundle is back for preorder, but no in store pickup.

DarkOneX

Damnit Van Halen "Panama" just played over the muzak at work, and I'm sitting here staring at my Amazon order "preparing for shipment". WTF Amazon!?

darknil

The section "Ready to Download" is displaying anything for anyone? Getting a blank space there and I was hoping there it showed all the legacy DLC I was able to download because I already owned it.

I have a feeling, with new paycheck in hand, i will break tonight and get the Guitar+Game combo if i can find it : (

My will to wait for my adapter is not strong enough.

I tried going to the ps store on my laptop but i can only download them to my ps3 :/

Anyone else having trouble downloading songs (EU PSN) ?

Not working for me because the items aren't up in the EU PS store yet. Gotta wait for them to put it all up.

Man, I forgot how many bad habits I picked up over the years playing RB guitar (haven't touched it in a few years). I really need to improve my technique before I learn how to do solos which seem like an IMPOSSIBLE dream.

On that note, anyone got any songs that are good for learning to play faster HOPOs for solos?

Top Bottom