• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

pacman85

I'm on XBone in the US and still waiting on them to get the AC/DC export to show up for me. Hopefully they get it up and running with the March update.

So I'm probably buying the Band in a Box bundle tomorrow. Question about the drums, how quiet are they? I've been using RB1 drums and it's time for an upgrade. I have to imagine the new ones are significantly quieter but just curious.

Also, I've heard some people had issues with the drums back at launch? Were those ever resolved?

The drums are 50x quieter than the RB1 drums.

The drums have a problem with fast notes, which happens only with songs on expert. So if you don't play expert you'll be fine.

The drums are 50x quieter than the RB1 drums.

The drums have a problem with fast notes, which happens only with songs on expert. So if you don't play expert you'll be fine.

I can only do hard at best, so that should work. Thanks for the input.

Hopefully they can resolve some of the issues via firmware in the future. Reading it on Reddit, it seems kinda rough. Expensive investment to replace instruments, but I don't think there's another wireless drum set I can up and buy these days without forking over even more money

tetsuoFI

The scoring still doesn't work quite so well. We played multiplayer with my friend who logged onto his own profile. When we go quickplay, it still shows scores that I have played single player. But it still isn't showing all my scores, last week I bought London Calling which I tried many songs with both guitar and bass, the menu seemed to show the scores of those songs on the list but not those songs I tried only with guitar or bass.

I'm quite confused, is there even a possibility to get band scores to show up correctly when logged on to 2 different profiles? We tried logging on different times and reconnecting our guitars, no cigar. Hope there is a fix coming at some point. I remember it seemed to work correctly when we used the same profile when the update hit, but I don't want my friend to get high scores for me.

//On PS4, btw

They never will. IBitePrettyHard has stated the drums are fundamentally flawed and firmware can't fix what's wrong with them.
Well the moment they get new drum kits out I will expect to get a replacement, as I still have my receipts. Pretty shit that I'll never get the most out of my drums.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
People have said that fast rolls don't work even with the old drums or an E-kit so people are speculating it's a game engine issue, in which case it can be fixed.

pacman85

They never will. IBitePrettyHard has stated the drums are fundamentally flawed and firmware can't fix what's wrong with them.
People have said that fast rolls don't work even with the old drums or an E-kit so people are speculating it's a game engine issue, in which case it can be fixed.
Interesting. I wonder where the problem ACTUALLY is located. Hopefully a software issue so it can be fixed.

FyreWulff

They basically have 3 options:

1) Find the issue in the firmware and fix it.

2) or find the issue in the game engine and fix it.

3) if the drums themselves can't roll that fast, implement some logic where fast rolls are all treated as defacto roll lanes so that any signal that looks like fast drumming will hit all notes in a fast roll without breaking combo.

the third one isn't exactly unheard of. There's some autohit logic for notes right after an OD activation since RB1, and some other cases.

btw the RB4 mic is flawed, too. You can barely hear yourself coming through the speakers, even with MIC1 volume turned all the way up.

Hopefully the mic issue can be patched...

pacman85

btw the RB4 mic is flawed, too. You can barely hear yourself coming through the speakers, even with MIC1 volume turned all the way up.

Hopefully the mic issue can be patched...
man hearing all these issues with the brand new instruments, i'm glad i still have my old ones and they are all in good, working condition.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
man hearing all these issues with the brand new instruments, i'm glad i still have my old ones and they are all in good, working condition.
I had disconnection issues with the RB4 guitar, but after updating its firmware it has been flawless. Haven't played drums that much to notice if there's any issues, but will update the firmware to them as well.

Ban Puncher

Bought 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' from within the RB4 store on PS4.

Doesn't work with RB4.

Contacted Harmonix.

"It's a known issue. No idea when it will be fixed."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zulux21

April! Not that it's a feature I'm looking for but obviously there are a lot of people who want it. The biggest remaining issue for me, other than bugs, is the inability to blacklist songs I truly detest.

i need both of those... and I want my damn coldplay pack to work @_@

cabot

April! Not that it's a feature I'm looking for but obviously there are a lot of people who want it. The biggest remaining issue for me, other than bugs, is the inability to blacklist songs I truly detest.

setlists and bring back the lighter rating system!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Uuuuuh that kinda looks like no new DLC in March for me :/
Cranberries maybe.

Cranberries is the only thing that even remotely interests me. Easily the shittiest month of DLC ever in Rock Band to date for me, and that's without even knowing the songs! Hope to god The Cranberries get a pack to redeem the month.

komarkaze

My wife would love Cranberries. We always play Linger every time we have a RB party. Hope it includes any of the following: Zombie, Ode to My Family, Never Grow Old, Twenty One.

Top Bottom