• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Well, I guess the bright side of this is further proof that they're not afraid of releasing DLC tracks for artists too soon together anyway. I have faith in more Soundgarden and Motorhead coming soon.

Might get the FOB track, depending on what it is. The rest I'll pass on. I've got enough DLC and I've hardly played the game recently. SCEE's continued lack of support is really off-putting.

vg260

Maiden's tour just started, so it looks like my dream for a third pack are smashed.

Maybe they're too expensive now.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The Cranberries are still going, and make pretty meh music. Sure, Zombie seems like a given, but so did Overkill :(
But at least we know what will release around Paddy's Day I guess.

Kolma

ROCK BAND 4’s NEXT MONTHLY UPDATE ARRIVES THIS WEEK

PLUS GREAT ARTISTS COMING TO DLC IN MARCH

BOSTON, MA, February 29, 2016 – The new free game update for Rock Band™ 4 hits this week as Harmonix also announces the details of the March downloadable content (DLC) that will be available for purchase.

This month’s update features a change to Career Mode scores which will post them to the Leaderboards, new hair and hat options for players to customize their Rock Band 4 characters, and stability improvements.

The heart and soul of Rock Band 4 is its phenomenal artist lineup and great tracks. March will see the addition of songs across rock, pop, and country. The list of artists is below, with specific tracks to be announced soon! New artists available as Rock Band 4 DLC for March include:
5 Seconds of Summer
Carrie Underwood
The Cranberries
Fall Out Boy
Luke Bryan
Neon Trees
One Direction
Sam Hunt
Looking ahead, Harmonix has created an exciting schedule of new artists, new tracks, and new features, as well as ongoing fixes that will be released regularly so that Rock Band 4 remains the best possible experience for fans. As always, Harmonix remains committed to listening to the Rock Band community to identify the most sought-after updates.

So what's GAF's favourite live song in RB?

My pick goes to Do You Feel Like We Do.

The talk box solos, and really hearing the crowd is what makes it my favourite.

still no sign of anything Aquabats?

cloXPLu.gif

This is why I hate the new DLC format. No excitement for each week anymore. I already know this month is going to be shit in terms of what I want. Hopefully we finally get "Zombie" but I throw a big "bleh" at all that other stuff.

CloudWolf

Wow, The Cranberries are literally the only interesting band this month and that will probably just be Zombie considering we already have Linger.

CloudWolf

That's because it's a bastard to play! I don't know why but "The Impression That I Get" seems to be the hardest song in the base game for me!
Standard ska guitar charts are up there with disco songs as the worst songs to play on guitar. Time Bomb by Rancid is another absolutely horrible ska-ish song to play on guitar.

farisr

So, after playing this game a couple of times when it first came out, haven't even touched it since and have not kept up.

Have they added in the custom setlist option yet?

pacman85

This is why I hate the new DLC format. No excitement for each week anymore. I already know this month is going to be shit in terms of what I want. Hopefully we finally get "Zombie" but I throw a big "bleh" at all that other stuff.
So you would rather be disappointed 4 times in a month instead of one?

so i guess this means there is no chance of the RBN ever coming back on XBox One?
Not in its original format, no. As for the classic songs, that's a "one step at a time" thing. Exports and legacy tracks still haven't been sorted yet, my guess is once that's all resolved the next step is adding all the older features including RBN songs. At least, that's my hope.

Wow... Rock Band on PC... That would be perfect!!! Did they say anything about already owned DLC working or what version of instruments it would use? I really have no desire to but a third set of stuff just to play on PC, but if it used the Xbox one stuff, that would be rad, or even possible work this the ION drumset that would be perfect!

FyreWulff

so i guess this means there is no chance of the RBN ever coming back on XBox One?

As I said in the thread - I think if a song does well or is liked on PC RB4, they'll port it to the consoles (submit it as regular DLC, basically)

Remember, PS3 had RBN even though all RBN content had to be built and tested with an Xbox 360.

Wow... Rock Band on PC... That would be perfect!!! Did they say anything about already owned DLC working or what version of instruments it would use? I really have no desire to but a third set of stuff just to play on PC, but if it used the Xbox one stuff, that would be rad, or even possible work this the ION drumset that would be perfect!

No DLC carries over from either platform. Assuming this also means no legal way to get the RB disc exports on PC unless they relicense the disc songs as DLC.

Instrument compatibility is:
PS instruments confirmed. Require the bluetooth adapter.
Wired 360 instruments confirmed, including Ions, and likely the Xplorer. They made need to write drivers. Wireless 360 instruments confirmed, may need drivers.
"TBA" on Xbox One wireless instruments being compatible.

I kinda had a hunch the ability to flash firmware on the instruments this time was so they could deal with updating either platform's guitars to support PC correctly.

edit: they actually do say select RBN songs can be brought over in the wall of text

(with the exception of Rock Band Network, which will only run on PC - although we hope to be able to take select RBN songs and bring across to console also

FyreWulff

Also, one of the backing tiers includes a song code Astrosight from Amplitude in RB4, so hopefully that meanst RB4 is getting a full album DLC of Amplitude's campaign.

zulux21

Not in its original format, no. As for the classic songs, that's a "one step at a time" thing. Exports and legacy tracks still haven't been sorted yet, my guess is once that's all resolved the next step is adding all the older features including RBN songs. At least, that's my hope.

from the pc campaign it sure sounded like they would eventually get to rock band network songs to bring them over.

FyreWulff

I wonder if they're just going to prioritize existing RBN songs being brought back where the RBN author does the upconversion to RB4 features themselves via RB4 PC.

So RBN author redoes song for RB4, including any actual chart changes they want to do, test on PC, then Harmonix uploads that as the console RBN version, then assigns you the ability to download it for free if you own the 360/PS3 version.

edit: I'd also be curious if we've lost some songs because the rights owners didn't want to license for PC when they went to re-up.

Kolma

So RB4 PC....

It seems it's going to be the best version with RBN... nearly FULL compatible instruments, and thus far 3 exclusive tracks...

Rock Band VR is also probably an extension of Rock Band PC.

But... RB PC does not have exports (Though they will probably be hacked in tbh)

I really really want to support the fig... but really, I just want the swag... I can wait on the game (which won't be out till December anyways) and even then I would use it just for RBN and customs I feel since DLC isn't cross compatible..
And having your name in the credits is just too high in the rewards tiers

This is just a little too late harmonix... I'm sorry :(

*edit
edit: I'd also be curious if we've lost some songs because the rights owners didn't want to license for PC when they went to re-up.

Makes me wonder about current DLC that isn't happening because there were many artists that didn't want to support a PC platform because it can be hacked easier.

I might back it, but without my >1000 songs carrying over, it's a hard sell.

One thing the PC version definitely needs to survive is an option to play guitar, bass, and drums without an instrument peripheral.

So it's been a couple of days since I first played RB3. Thought the export should work by now, but nope. I got a support ticket from HMX earlier and they told me just to keep trying to select the export through the music store :/ Something like this shouldn't take this long.

FyreWulff

Unfortunately right now I have to pass on RB4 PC because I'm pissed off at Valve. But I imagine it would actually be fairly attractive as "this is where I play RBN tracks" because so many RBN tracks were niche as hell and you were basically the only person that owned them even amongst your online friends anyway.

If I were to buy RB4 PC, it would be specifically for being "the RBN box". I'd keep buying official on Xbox.

The only thing I NEED from the PC version would be Xbone instruments working. If they can't get that, then I'm out. I already own the Windows adapter.

Kolma

Unfortunately right now I have to pass on RB4 PC because I'm pissed off at Valve. But I imagine it would actually be fairly attractive as "this is where I play RBN tracks" because so many RBN tracks were niche as hell and you were basically the only person that owned them even amongst your online friends anyway.

If I were to buy RB4 PC, it would be specifically for being "the RBN box". I'd keep buying official on Xbox.

I'm sure RB4 PC will be cheap as hell soon after launch or even before launch.

I just want the swag from the campaign ;-;

FyreWulff

One thing the PC version definitely needs to survive is an option to play guitar, bass, and drums without an instrument peripheral.

Sadly keyboards with their bajillion keys can't play Rock Band because most keyboards only allow you to press 3 distinct keys at once. Even more only allow two. And strumming counts as one of your keypresses.

Top Bottom