• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Hello!

I'm in Bulgaria and am thinking of buying an Xbone with all the instruments. I have an Xbox Live account on which I have bought tons of DLC and imports. On RB3 I have all songs from Lego Rock band, RB1 and RB2.

I'm thinking, when I want to expand my library for my Xbone, do I need to do anything with my old Xbox 360 in Sweden, or can I just log in to my gamertag and start downloading the songs?

CloudWolf

Hello!

I'm in Bulgaria and am thinking of buying an Xbone with all the instruments. I have an Xbox Live account on which I have bought tons of DLC and imports. On RB3 I have all songs from Lego Rock band, RB1 and RB2.

I'm thinking, when I want to expand my library for my Xbone, do I need to do anything with my old Xbox 360 in Sweden, or can I just log in to my gamertag and start downloading the songs?

The songs are linked to your account, so you should just be able to download the songs as long as you didn't switch accounts.

Kolma

Zac Brown Band tracks
https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/701783536756330496
Cb08aHkUUAAMGOr.png

Chicken Fried, Homegrown, The Wind.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Have they done any more exports for the PS4 yet? I've got Rock Band 3.
Rock Band Blitz in every region and the original Rock Band if you're in the US.

Looks like a week of legacy DLC (and waiting for some SCEE news) for me :/

FyreWulff

Yeah, I see nothing there I'd want, and I'm someone that bought both the Country Track Packs
2 was a little too pop country, 1 was excellent selection

Yeah, I see nothing there I'd want, and I'm someone that bought both the Country Track Packs
2 was a little too pop country, 1 was excellent selection

The older material in both track packs are fantastic. I'm dying for more older country. Especially...

Amos Moses - Jerry Reed
One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - Desert Rose Band
Queen of Hearts - Juice Newton
Climb That Mountain High - Reba Mcentire
The Fightin' Side of Me - Merle Haggard
I Love A Rainy Night - Eddie Rabbitt

pacman85

really surprised they didn't get Heavy is the Head. may get one or two of these songs. i saw on twitter they said they will most likely keep the same format for march DLC as they did in february.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
HMXCrisis on the Rock Band forums re: SCEE situation (don't get too excited)
In an effort to provide more context to the issues people are rising in this thread, I’d like to start by letting you know that our intention is never to look the other way on any part of our player base. Regardless of platform, region, age, and anything else that you may be thinking – ALL players are important to us. Period. We know the user experience for PlayStation folks in Europe has not been great. We even wrote a blog post about it a few months ago. Sony America and Sony Europe are two entirely different companies in regards to how they run their individual processes. We never expected the delay in populating content or exports to be this long for anyone. We’ve been working closely with both Sony regions and Microsoft, attempting to get this content out the door as fast as possible, pending both the Harmonix and first-party testing and submissions timeline.

We understand how frustrating this process can be for you, and for that we are sorry. We’re incredibly dependent on our first-party partners to carry this process to completion, and continue to keep in touch with them about when this content can be available for you all. Each partner runs their business differently, and this is the same between Microsoft, Sony America, and Sony Europe. We work closely with all three of these companies and cannot make promises on their behalf.

As for an answer to the “when can we expect this content” question, we unfortunately have nothing new to say. We truly don’t have any further updates to provide to you other than the content IS coming, it IS being worked on, and it WILL be available as soon as it can be. This isn’t stated in an effort to keep secrets hidden from our community, or to further prolong your wait time for content you rightfully own. We don’t have a concrete answer to provide as much as we would like to have one. When news about content is available, we’ll be sharing it with you on Facebook, Twitter, here on the Forums, and Reddit. We know this is no consolation for the already-long wait, but we thank you for your passion in bringing this content back, and appreciate your patience in the matter.

PedroRVD

Some time ago, I don't remember if it was in this thread, somebody shared a RB4 Xbox One background to use as a wallpaper. Can somebody link me to this?

Btw ... I'm still furious about ion drums on Xbox one ... Tried the mod and got double hits on 4 pads all over the place. Surprisingly cymbals worked perfectly ...

Kolma

Some time ago, I don't remember if it was in this thread, somebody shared a RB4 Xbox One background to use as a wallpaper. Can somebody link me to this?

Btw ... I'm still furious about ion drums on Xbox one ... Tried the mod and got double hits on 4 pads all over the place. Surprisingly cymbals worked perfectly ...

Yeah that was me :D

http://imgur.com/a/ktmZp (contains old ones)
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vT1XaR3.png[/IMG]
Unfortunately I need to fix it thanks to the latest update (don't know if it's preview only)
And so the black tape doesn't stretch far enough across to cover Store anymore.

I'll fix it later today now that I remembered (have some stuff to do)

*edit*
I think they also made the gamerpic icon in the corner slightly larger as well so box in the corner might also need to be adjusted so it fits nicer... Could also be because I switched from an avatar pic to a gamertag pic

PedroRVD

Yeah that was me :D

http://imgur.com/a/ktmZp (contains old ones)
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vT1XaR3.png[/IMG]
Unfortunately I need to fix it thanks to the latest update (don't know if it's preview only)
And so the black tape doesn't stretch far enough across to cover Store anymore.

I'll fix it later today now that I remembered (have some stuff to do)

*edit*
I think they also made the gamerpic icon in the corner slightly larger as well so box in the corner might also need to be adjusted so it fits nicer... Could also be because I switched from an avatar pic to a gamertag pic

Thank you very much !!! :) :)

So, next batch of artists for March should be announced sometime next week! Any artists you hope get announced? Got a bit of a list myself of shit I want to see, some tied into logic, others are just wishful thinking.

Volbeat (Previous song in the game, open for licensing)
"Lonesome Rider ft. Sarah Blackwood"
"Lady Pearl"
"Dead But Rising"

Ska Singles (Decade and Genre specific singles in the past, been a while since Ska DLC)
"All My Friends Are Metalheads" - Less Than Jake
"Would You Be Impressed?" - Streetlight Manifesto
"Superman" - Goldfinger

Coheed & Cambria (Long term provider of DLC for the game, 2 recent albums released lately)
"The Hollow/ Key Entity Extraction I: Domino the Destitute
"You Got Spirit, Kid"
"Island"

Metal Singles (New Megadeth & Dream Theater albums have come out this year)
"Dystopia" - Megadeth
"The Gift Of Music" - Dream Theater
"Ghostlights" - Avantasia

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I just keep hoping for Melvins. How they didn't make it into any kind of rhythm game yet is a mystery. And they're bringing an album sometime soon I think (although, when aren't they?)! Classic G'n'R is pretty high on the list, some Stones, you know, the usual unrealistic pipe-dreams. And I want Africa by Toto :-(
We'll probably get U2 pack 2 for Paddy's Day though.

I wouldn't mind Taylor Swift either... you know, for parties and the girlfriend and stuff...

Aaaaand the RB1 export for Euro PeaSaNts please.

Pretty Please.

Wishing time again? Super-unrealistic wishlist out of the blue (probably mentioned several times over the years):

Toto
Pamela (would be nice on drums I think)
Home of the Brave
Stop Loving You

(I actually wouldn't include Africa or Hold the Line - they're awesome songs but too mellow for a good band experience I think, and would have been much better with keyboards anyway)

Dire Straits
So Far Away
Brothers in Arms
Sultans of Swing

Roxette
Joyride (not my favourite but probably the most wellknown hit after The Look)
The Big L(ove)
She Doesn't Live Here Anymore

Meat Loaf
If I Can't Have You
Living on the Outside
I'd Do Anything for Love (aka I'd Do Anything for This Song)

Bonus suggestions:
The Killers - Prize Fighter
Gary Moore - Over the Hills and Far Away
Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
Guns 'n Roses - Sweet Child of Mine
Rainbow - I Surrender
The Protomen - Hold Back the Night
The Protomen - The Hounds

Harmonix has a poll on Twitter asking for feedback about DLC announcements: should they announce all the artists at the beginning of the month as they did in Feb., or should they go back to announcing them only the week of release?

Harmonix has a poll on Twitter asking for feedback about DLC announcements: should they announce all the artists at the beginning of the month as they did in Feb., or should they go back to announcing them only the week of release?

Hope people vote for the former. Fans will still check back each week to see the songs anyways so showing all the artists for the month is a good thing!

FyreWulff

i'm indifferent. i think the weekly style makes for better discussion (both positive and complaining). monthly gives an idea of what is coming (and how Activision did it in GH's run) but discussion peters out

Top Bottom