• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Kolma

I was never a fan of One Direction. Thought they were typical boy band garbage.

Then I heard Story of My Life and liked it... when I looked up who it was I was shocked.

So setlists are coming in April? I might play this again. No setlists, combined with constant crashes on my Xbox One left a bitter taste and I used to play 2/3 times a week for years. I remember how excited the family got when the U2 pack hit around Christmas break and how much it sucked every other song it would seize up and make an awful noise. It's not like RB3 doesn't exist any more but I still get hyped for new songs but my terrible experience keeps me from coming back. Maybe by April most of it will be ironed out.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Game has crashed on me thrice since the latest patch, never before. Thanks Obama.

Gobbly

Banned
Seems that PS4 users get fucked on the exports/DLC (particularly in the EU) and Xbox users get fucked on the reliability of the game itself.

I wouldn't put up with this shit for any game series apart from Rock Band.

Storm360

Heh, the band in a box bundle I bought the other week seemed to contain a defective guitar. The guitar seems to have issues with down strumming for periods of a time during a song, I have to upstrum when it happens. Hopefully MadCatz doesn't give me too much hassle for a replacement.

FyreWulff

Heh, the band in a box bundle I bought the other week seemed to contain a defective guitar. The guitar seems to have issues with down strumming for periods of a time during a song, I have to upstrum when it happens. Hopefully MadCatz doesn't give me too much hassle for a replacement.

Shouldn't have any trouble

PDP make some pretty shitty hardware. Hope their influence only goes as far as the publishing side of things and they don't go anywhere near the hardware. The RB4 equipment has enough problems as it is.

Allow me to sum up every Harmonix blog regarding Rock Band 4: "Oops. We're real sorry."

Again, all this export/unlisted DLC crap should have been figured out before they put the game on the shelf. But hey, anything to beat Guitar Hero Live to market by 7 days I guess.

opoth

Banned
Allow me to sum up every Harmonix blog regarding Rock Band 4: "Oops. We're real sorry."

Again, all this export/unlisted DLC crap should have been figured out before they put the game on the shelf. But hey, anything to beat Guitar Hero Live to market by 7 days I guess.

I think you're an even bigger broken record about Harmonix than they are about navigating the challenges of getting this content out to their users.

Nope sorry. I think I'd rather have had the game as it was then still be waiting for it just for the exports.

I think you're an even bigger broken record about Harmonix than they are about navigating the challenges of getting this content out to their users.

Agreed. Every post he makes in here is about how much Harmonix sucks.

Sell the game if you're not happy. Go play GHL with all of the old instruments and dlc you bought last gen.

No RB2 export is a big issue, I wonder why SCEA are being real mystery men about it?

Because they're the best!

4zLzIRp.png

Agreed. Every post he makes in here is about how much Harmonix sucks.

Sell the game if you're not happy. Go play GHL with all of the old instruments and dlc you bought last gen.

I'm sorry my honest opinions are offending both of you, but convince me what I'm saying is wrong.

You guys act like I post in here daily, when the truth is I probably post in this thread three times a month at best. Also, your fierce attacks on anybody who dares offer a dissenting opinion on the game stops any real discussion from taking place here.

I'm sorry my honest opinions are offending both of you, but convince me what I'm saying is wrong.

You guys act like I post in here daily, when the truth is I probably post in this thread three times a month at best. Also, your fierce attacks on anybody who dares offer a dissenting opinion on the game stops any real discussion from taking place here.

Let's check your honest opinions out.

1. They don't say sorry in every blog post they make.

2. They told us months in advance that exports and delisted dlc won't be up day 1, or anytime soon after. You had the choice to wait and purchase it later.

3. They didn't give 2 shits about beating GHL to market. Why would they care? When was GH ever better than RB?

Also why are you even complaining about the exports. Don't you have an Xbox?

And also, I want you to go through the last 164 pages and look for dissenting opinions, and check to see if I've fiercely attacked them.

Let's check your honest opinions out.

1. They don't say sorry in every blog post they make. So you're wrong.

2. They told us months in advance that exports and delisted dlc won't be up day 1, or anytime soon after. You had the choice to wait and purchase it later.

3. They didn't give 2 shits about beating GHL to market. Why would they care? When was GH ever better than RB?

Also why are you even complaining about the exports. Don't you have an Xbox?

And also, I want you to go through the last 164 pages and look for dissenting opinions, and check to see if I've fiercely attacked them.

Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd.gif

So does this mean that the export flow could change to the point of it being like that of rock Band 3? I.e. having played the game on your account rather than needing the export key?

Wishful thinking I know!

FyreWulff

So does this mean that the export flow could change to the point of it being like that of rock Band 3? I.e. having played the game on your account rather than needing the export key?

Wishful thinking I know!

According to their comments on Reddit, not that drastic. It looks like they're changing their backend for submissions and how they submit and see things to the end, not the actual end redemption process.

Overall the plan is everyone still gets their content.

That Fig campaign is doing okay, but I'm still worried about it. It has earned almost a quarter of the goal after roughly a fifth of the campaign period, but only $90k of those funds were pledged. $270k of the funds raised so far are from investors.

komarkaze

The song chart of leaderboards that will be wiped includes Blackened by Metallica. How is that even possible? I thought delisted DLC from bands like Metallica won't return in RB4 unless I'm missing something.

Gobbly

Banned
The song chart of leaderboards that will be wiped includes Blackened by Metallica. How is that even possible? I thought delisted DLC from bands like Metallica won't return in RB4 unless I'm missing something.
If you've bought it in the past you'll eventually be able to redownload it on the PS4 version.

It also has delisted RHCP songs on there as well. Hopefully we get them next month.

Mister Game

Project Director, Harmonix
Sounds exactly like the original RBN minus the peer review portion. I'm curious if they're just going to completely skip that part with this version.

There will be no peer review. We're not exactly sure of all the details of how songs get rated, Steam voting or something in-game, but for sure this is going to be much simpler than the original version.

There will be no peer review. We're not exactly sure of all the details of how songs get rated, Steam voting or something in-game, but for sure this is going to be much simpler than the original version.

Very interesting. As someone who messed around with XNA's RBN, peer review was definitely useful and did it's job, but it could also be a pretty big pain in the ass for lesser known/active community members (For those that don't know, your songs needed to be peer reviewed by a number of people before they could be submitted to the store, but if not enough people (or no one) peer reviewed you, your song is just in limbo until you can get enough attention. Then maybe feedback comes in and you decide to change something or something is messed up and you have to do the whole process all over).

I'm in a weird spot where I don't really have any interest in playing RB on PC, but I do still have some interest in RBN. I'd ask if there was some way to get access to it without the game, but I just remembered you'd need the game for Audition mode.

Top Bottom