• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Rock band 2 and Lego exporting on that uno makes me happy. Bought rock band 4 last week and was bummed to miss out on that content, but I went to nab all the rock band 1 songs and began noticing all the others. Didn't think they would be there since I hadn't read anything indicating they were available yet.

mreddie

Rock band 2 and Lego exporting on that uno makes me happy. Bought rock band 4 last week and was bummed to miss out on that content, but I went to nab all the rock band 1 songs and began noticing all the others. Didn't think they would be there since I hadn't read anything indicating they were available yet.

You have the XBONE right?

I just saw a banner ad for Rock Band 4 on drudgereport and when I scrolled from left to right to see the entire ad I realized it was a Fig.co ad for Rock Band on PC. I've never seen a specific crowdfunding project be advertised like that, is this something Fig normally does.

FyreWulff

I just saw a banner ad for Rock Band 4 on drudgereport and when I scrolled from left to right to see the entire ad I realized it was a Fig.co ad for Rock Band on PC. I've never seen a specific crowdfunding project be advertised like that, is this something Fig normally does.

fig has done it for all their campaigns, and i've seen ads for kickstarters as well

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh ffs can SCEE at least make the same mistake please :[]

I've seen it on GAF too. Maybe a targeted ad.

zulux21

so... Guitar Hero live with controller is $50 on best buy today ($40 with GCU)
I know it's not rock band related but I figure there might be a few people interested in here :p

Well, finally convinced my wife to do vocals on the game. It has been a while since she did it on RB3, so it was nice to have her join.

But, I think there is another glitch tied to achievements here. I was playing on Expert or Hard guitar most of the time, and she was sticking to Easy vocals for everything. We were both somehow signed on under my gamertag, and I started getting achievements for doing hard and expert vocals. I am guessing since it was on my tag and I was on expert guitar, it automatically flagged any instrument playing under that tag as expert to give me an achievement.

Kolma

Well, finally convinced my wife to do vocals on the game. It has been a while since she did it on RB3, so it was nice to have her join.

But, I think there is another glitch tied to achievements here. I was playing on Expert or Hard guitar most of the time, and she was sticking to Easy vocals for everything. We were both somehow signed on under my gamertag, and I started getting achievements for doing hard and expert vocals. I am guessing since it was on my tag and I was on expert guitar, it automatically flagged any instrument playing under that tag as expert to give me an achievement.

sounds like a good way to exploit some achievements if your are bad at singing. Or possibly any other instrument.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Thank God for Zombie. I already feared we'd have an Overkill situation but thankfully that was just

in my heeeeeeaaaaaad

pacman85

Great week!

EDIT: So, for the rest of the month (2 more weeks) we have 5 Seconds of Summer, Carrie Underwood, Fall Out Boy, Luke Bryan, Neon Trees & Sam Hunt. I assume Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan and Sam Hunt will be one week and 5 Seconds of Summer, Fall Out Boy and Neon Trees will be the other week and they will be 3 packs most likely with one song from each artist.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Great week! So, what does that leave us for the rest of the month?
Misery.

(5 Seconds of Summer, Carrie Underwood, Fall Out Boy, Luke Bryan, Neon Trees and Sam Hunt)

Oh and waiting for exports of course!

darknil

The Cranberries pack is the perfect excuse to boot up rock band again. I've been waiting for RB2 export for NA PS4 more than the pack though :(

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
So the crowdfunding campaign for Rock Band PC has stalled out at 25% and there's only 21 days left now. What happens when this fails? I hope they aren't banking on this to continue support for Rock Band 4.

FyreWulff

So the crowdfunding campaign for Rock Band PC has stalled out at 25% and there's only 21 days left now. What happens when this fails? I hope they aren't banking on this to continue support for Rock Band 4.

They've literally said it's to gauge interest for a PC port. It's not tied into RB4's sustain plans.

If it doesn't get funded, it just means RB4 PC doesn't happen.

Does anyone know if the Destroyer Pedal people are still around? I bought one of their pedals back in 2009 and I think it's just done from about seven years of use. Their site is still active and says it carries a "limited lifetime warranty." I attempted to send an email to the address on their site, but it kicked back a 500 error "mailbox full" so it looks like they've abandoned everything.

FyreWulff

Does anyone know if the Destroyer Pedal people are still around? I bought one of their pedals back in 2009 and I think it's just done from about seven years of use. Their site is still active and says it carries a "limited lifetime warranty." I attempted to send an email to the address on their site, but it kicked back a 500 error "mailbox full" so it looks like they've abandoned everything.

far as i can tell they've been dead for a while. what's exactly wrong with it?

FyreWulff

It's just gone limp and doesn't bounce back anymore. I'm certainly not an expert on these things though. Maybe it can be saved.

Is the spring just busted or loosed away somehow? there's a vid on adjusting it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13rytzTBnJM

If the actual moving parts are sluggish, just hit it with some WD40 and keep moving the pedal to work it in.

You should be able to get a replacement spring at the hardware store.

Kolma

Is the spring just busted or loosed away somehow? there's a vid on adjusting it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13rytzTBnJM

If the actual moving parts are sluggish, just hit it with some WD40 and keep moving the pedal to work it in.

You should be able to get a replacement spring at the hardware store.

Wasn't the destroyer pedal just a regular drum pedal with a door magnetic reed switch screwed onto it and hacked together with a headphone cable?

Sku-011031.jpg

PLUS
HowItWorksReed.jpg
41DVM6RPZAL._SY300_.jpg

PLUS
3.5mm-Stereo-Auido-Cable.jpg

zulux21

rock band VR impressions

I almost forgot about this... they are doing a really poor job of getting people to talk about it.
Heck they should be doing something like announcing songs that will be coming to it or something just for the sake of getting some press.

They've literally said it's to gauge interest for a PC port. It's not tied into RB4's sustain plans.

If it doesn't get funded, it just means RB4 PC doesn't happen.
Which is bullshit by the way. Thanks for making it after everyone begged for months for a PC release at the same time as consoles.

Thanks for making it just now, after everyone who wanted the damn game already forced themselves to buy a console for it. People like me, who literally use their systems for nothing else but Rock Band or YouTube or something.

Which is bullshit by the way. Thanks for making it after everyone begged for months for a PC release at the same time as consoles.

Thanks for making it just now, after everyone who wanted the damn game already forced themselves to buy a console for it. People like me, who literally use their systems for nothing else but Rock Band or YouTube or something.
And they probably didn't have the funding to do a pc port before, which is why they didn't do one.

Have you ever noticed how a lot of indie games come out on one or two platforms a few months before they come out on others? Some are because of deals made with platform holders, but a lot of them are just because they don't have the money or manpower to make them all happen simultaneously. That is more or less the case here.

For any North American PS4 Rock Band folk that don't already own Rock Band Blitz(and have a PS3 to load the game/claim the track pack), there's a flash sale going on this weekend. It's selling for $4.50 CAD, which is an awesome deal to add 25 songs to your library.

Tapejara

Finally picked this up! Really loving it so far. I'm kind of pissed that I missed out on exporting Rock Band 2 and LEGO Rock Band when I had the chance. I actually redeemed the codes for both of them years ago but never bought the export voucher off PSN because I didn't have the cash at the time. Pretty bummed I missed out.

Anyhow, I picked up Rock Band Blitz in the flash sale, plus I already had Rock Band 1 exported as well as a bunch of songs I had bought for RB2 so it's not like my RB4 library is hurting. Now I'm just tempted to buy more songs lol.

Top Bottom