• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

FyreWulff

Well, they did say a bit back that the preorder exclusivity was going to run out, so here we are

Also there's RB1 disc songs in there, so people that missed that can at least get a couple of them back. Outside by Tribe is excellent.

edit: lol, did they re-credit Seven to Tijuana Sweetheart instead of Vagiant? Just noticed that.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Got them already, but I'm happy for everyone who gets to play Push Push (Lady Lightning) again :D

MajorMane

edit: lol, did they re-credit Seven to Tijuana Sweetheart instead of Vagiant? Just noticed that.

Well, Vagiant is now Tijuana Sweetheart, so maybe they're just taking this jump to be in line with their new band name. (Being an in-house band offers some perks?)

Will be happy to have these songs back again.

FyreWulff

They didn't mention it in the tweet but it's 15$ for all 30 songs as a megapack. 60$ if you want to buy them separately. Easy choice for those that don't have 'em.

If you like at least 7 songs in that pack you might as well get the other 23 for free (this is how I always calculated if I wanted to buy a pack .. if I liked enough of them that buying the pack meant I got the songs I liked and the others were 'free', I'd buy the pack.. but I'm also a song count crazypersoncollector)

FyreWulff

Apparently, entitlements for people who previously purchased or exported the songs won't be working quite yet.

specifically

Harmonix said:
Sorry for the confusion! I can confirm that getting your entitled content within this pack is something that will happen down the line, but it is not available to you for free re-download quite yet. You are correct - you will get to download your entitled content for free, just not at this time. From our DLC team, it sounds like we'll be sorting out exports (our main priority, these folks are working literally every day on it) first and will revisit this content once they're out of the way. Of course, when that day comes, you will also be notified. :)

I guess the exports getting delayed by first party shenanigans pushed that back, and I would guess that would also mean the RB2 Harmonix Pack will give you the RB2 songs for free(?) when they do get around to assigning the entitlement

Good pack, particularly because it's the first time a bunch of those RBN songs appeared on Playstation consoles for purchase. I mean, it doesn't have Special Effects by Freezepop or Pouncer by Blanks., so it's not perfect, but it got Blink by Father Octopus, and that's just grand.

Curious that they're not doing the monthly announcement this time. Maybe they've got something bigger planned for this month? Foo Fighters pack 05? Country packs 10 through 16? Who knows.

Good pack, particularly because it's the first time a bunch of those RBN songs appeared on Playstation consoles for purchase. I mean, it doesn't have Special Effects by Freezepop or Pouncer by Blanks., so it's not perfect, but it got Blink by Father Octopus, and that's just grand.

Curious that they're not doing the monthly announcement this time. Maybe they've got something bigger planned for this month? Foo Fighters pack 05? Country packs 10 through 16? Who knows.

Monthly announcement is coming next week.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Was excited I could finally play the missing RB1 songs like pleasure (pleasure), but I've got to wait. ;(

Been slowly re-buying my DLC on PS4, kinda bummed that the Pearl Jam album Ten is missing Alive as it was on RB2.

It was one of my fave tracks to play on the 360.

FyreWulff

Been slowly re-buying my DLC on PS4, kinda bummed that the Pearl Jam album Ten is missing Alive as it was on RB2.

It was one of my fave tracks to play on the 360.

Hopefully that's one of the ones they decide to re-release as regular DLC down the road. For now all you can get is the Live version

I own way too many of those songs to go the pack route though, that's why I'm talking about RBN songs because I know I'm not (eventually) getting free entitlements unlike the other songs in this pack I own.

FyreWulff

I just want some more Bowie. What was the reason for Heroes and Queen Bitch being covers?

It was in the cover era, but it's also possible those songs don't have usable masters so they went with covers. That's the reason why we originally got Rush as covers on RB1 disc and DLC, because Rush loved the game but didn't have masters. Then they went digging and found masters for a slightly alternate version, so that's why we got masters later as DLC in addition to the covers and why they were called Vault Edition.

Now if a song doesn't have an usable master, or an usable live version, or an usable cover by another famous band, or can't be re-recorded by the band (all of these examples have been used) the song ain't happening anymore.

catabarez

Finally got a Mad Catz replica guitar. This thing is sturdy as hell. It's a little scuffed, which is to be expected from a used item and the whammy bar is a bit finicky. Other than that this thing is awesome to play rock band with.

catabarez

I feel like it wasn't marketed very well. They should have done something similar to Psychonauts 2 and provided some incentives for people. I think a Devs Play style series of videos for their older games would have been interesting.

XShagrath

Mission successful, HMX. You definitely proved what you've been saying all along. There's not enough interest to make a PC version.

mreddie

CfYFRbSVAAAR2Eo.jpg

zulux21

I just wish we could get the return of RBN :[

they sent out one last update saying that with the failure of the PC campaign RBN is also dead.

There is a chance they will revisit both RBN and PC but from the sounds of it both are not gonna happen for at least a year or two.

will they be revealing anything new during this? new features? new dlc? new track pack?

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-past-present-future-pax-east/

For starters, here's what you can expect out of the panel:

Major announcements -- This is big stuff. Promise.
Swag -- Because all good panels give away freebies.
Q&A -- Our faces will be there for you to throw questions at (Metaphorically, at least. Please don't actually throw things at us).

Some songs to be delisted by the end of the month.

Eric Cartman - “Poker Face”

Ace Frehley - “Outer Space”

Sweet Billy Pilgrim - “Future Perfect Tense”

PACK: REO Speedwagon/Styx Tour '09 (Removing 3 out of 7 songs and pack offer. The remaining 4 will stay in store as purchasable singles.)

Styx - “Blue Collar Man (Long Night)”

Styx - “Renegade”

Styx - “Too Much Time On My Hands”

PACK: Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks 01 (Removing 6/6 songs and pack offer in addition to all songs.)

Fleetwood Mac - “Dreams”

Fleetwood Mac - “Gold Dust Woman”

Fleetwood Mac - “Landslide”

Stevie Nicks - “Edge Of Seventeen”

Stevie Nicks - “Stand Back”

Fleetwood Mac - “Rhiannon”

FyreWulff

It's so weird that we're losing Fleetwood Mac songs as DLC but they have an RB4 disc song..

Music Licensing(tm)

edit: losing the Cartman version of Poker Face but not the actual Poker Face makes sense, that was probably tied to Viacom and we've lost every single Viacom-tied song so far.

Some songs to be delisted by the end of the month.

Eric Cartman - “Poker Face”

Ace Frehley - “Outer Space”

Sweet Billy Pilgrim - “Future Perfect Tense”

PACK: REO Speedwagon/Styx Tour '09 (Removing 3 out of 7 songs and pack offer. The remaining 4 will stay in store as purchasable singles.)

Styx - “Blue Collar Man (Long Night)”

Styx - “Renegade”

Styx - “Too Much Time On My Hands”

PACK: Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks 01 (Removing 6/6 songs and pack offer in addition to all songs.)

Fleetwood Mac - “Dreams”

Fleetwood Mac - “Gold Dust Woman”

Fleetwood Mac - “Landslide”

Stevie Nicks - “Edge Of Seventeen”

Stevie Nicks - “Stand Back”

Fleetwood Mac - “Rhiannon”

Get those Styx and Fleetwood Mac songs. Those are all great fun, especially Renegade. Landslide is also a must if you play guitar.
Landslide is one of the greats on guitar. Those HOPOs.

Top Bottom