• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Lady Gaia

Thank you! Was that supposed to be obvious somehow?

and thanks for reminding me about those 4 RHCP tracks. Yeah, they haven't even been marked as cross-gen yet, though the art has been updated

They're inconsistently marked, that's for sure. Some views show PS3|PS4 and others show PS3 only. Presumably they're still trying to get the whole pack straightened out along with everything else that's still pending.

Southcott

It's mushy and I don't like it one bit, either. Or the bad, clicky frets. I'm really happy I can use my World Tour guitars still. Guitar Hero guitars forever.

Yeah - the frets are also too large, with the guitar hero controllers I always knew where my fingers were but on the RB guitar I'm making stupid mistakes.

Les Paul GH guitar is hands down my favourite - can't wait to use them again.

RIGHT IN THE TOPIC
I don't understand why everyone keeps bringing up exports.

Because it's easy to confuse export and imports, and everything else going on right now.

Hell, I just downloaded the song "Jane" like 15 times today. At least if I were to believe my Xbox, I did.

Plus, now people are starting to find work arounds and band-aids and temporary fixes to shit, so things are quickly becoming a case by case basis.

Yaari

Well on the bright side, at least it does not seem like any of my RB2 export codes are for PS3. They could still be expired but that is of later concern I guess.

ViciousDS

Banned
For those who updated the drum firmware.....was it really instant? There is no way this thing is updating the firmware the moment I click next....something has to be wrong

Please let the Lego one go up by accident for purchase, Metallica too. Never got them back in the day :p

If they're honest about putting delisted songs back up, they would need to put them back on 360/PS3 stores but be unavailable to purchase, which is something that could easily get screwed up on Microsoft/Sony's end, Sony in particular.

Kolma

Is there a trick to activating overdrive with the guitar easily? Pushing up doesn't seem to work half the time.

There's tilting up or hitting equivalent of Select/back on the guitars (whatever that square button on xbox one is called)
Don't know what it would be on PS4 since select was removed on DS4...

They also removed the port on the guitar where you can plug in a pedal for overdrive.

Coins

Banned
Please someone give me an honest opinion of the drums. Rockband 3 had some shitty drums that I basically had to take apart and apply several diy fixes because they either didn't register a hit or registered a hit when it wasn't supposed to.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, I'm quickly browsing through this thread, but it exploded so fast that I can't keep up.

I'm on PS4 and am in the IN GAME store looking to redownload old songs I bought on my PS3. I keep seeing songs that just a constant "..." loading thing where the price is supposed to be. What does that mean? It's a song I already had from a previous Rock Band game. If I click it, I get "There was a problem completing your purchase. Please try again later."

For those who updated the drum firmware.....was it really instant? There is no way this thing is updating the firmware the moment I click next....something has to be wrong

When I tried to update the firmware it would go through the "installing" progress bar, and then it would go to a screen that said "attempting to start test mode" with 10 attempts to start test mode, and it would cycle to 10 attempts and error out with a message saying test mode failed please restart your wireless instrument.

I have no idea if I actually installed the firmware, of course there's nothing in the instrument manuals or on MadCatz site about how to set the instruments to test mode.

evanmisha

I'm working on an export faq megapost and I was wondering of you guys knew if any of the exports could be done on RB2 (and which ones) or if they all needed RB3

FrsDvl

I cancled my Rockband 4, and just received a DLC code. This is for Xbox One, and its pre order songs from Best Buy (Canada).

GQ72W-Q72FX-74WKQ-PDCRX-7KDPZ

Coins

Banned
Welp, there's a million people on reddit talking about how the drums are fucked up. Guess I'm holding out. Fuck.

ViciousDS

Banned
When I tried to update the firmware it would go through the "installing" progress bar, and then it would go to a screen that said "attempting to start test mode" with 10 attempts to start test mode, and it would cycle to 10 attempts and error out with a message saying test mode failed please restart your wireless instrument.

I have no idea if I actually installed the firmware, of course there's nothing in the instrument manuals or on MadCatz site about how to set the instruments to test mode.

You must have the ps4 set....because Xbox one just says complete and then disconnects the drums

bounchfx

tried the paper towel kick pedal 'fix'. didn't work for me unfortunately. here's hoping my old pedal functions better. I'm a little disappointed the drums arent A+ quality out of the gate, as thats the only reason i bought the band in a box vs just the guitar bundle. blast it.

also why doesn't it show how long a song is in the selection menu? seems like a silly thing to not have

Finished my third time going through the DLC Store, this time checking songs that I'm certain I bought but still has a price tag on them. Downloaded about 60 this batch with 0 accidental purchases. I marked songs that I'm certain I bought but wasn't able to download under my wish list.

There has to be a better way to do this :s

ViciousDS

Banned
These drums are about to go flying out my fucking window......all heads drop notes....it's insanely visible. I'll try to record a vid with my phone in the basement really quick.....I could probably get them to drop with just one hand....this is fucking stupid

Not to mention the pedal registration hahahaha hahahaha fuck this shit. Back to guitar for now, they better start releasing firmware, my drums are dropping notes just playing baba o Reilly......I have gold star'ed young man blues in my non rusty prime!!!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Finished my third time going through the DLC Store, this time checking songs that I'm certain I bought but still has a price tag on them. Downloaded about 60 this batch with 0 accidental purchases. I marked songs that I'm certain I bought but wasn't able to download under my wish list.

There has to be a better way to do this :s
I'm noticing every Rock Band Blitz song is still showing up with a price for me to buy even though I bought Blitz on PS3 and exported the songs to Rock Band 3 a few weeks ago.

Dineren

Banned

I had this problem yesterday with the PS4 set. It turns out even though it was paired with my PC it was still connecting to the PS4 when it was starting test mode. I just turned off and unplugged my PS4, it worked after that. It doesn't take long, but it is definitely not instant and it will tell you when the process completes.

RedBoot

I'm noticing every Rock Band Blitz song is still showing up with a price for me to buy even though I bought Blitz on PS3 and exported the songs to Rock Band 3 a few weeks ago.

That's how it should be. Buying Blitz doesn't give you those song licenses, instead you get a big pack that happens to contain all those same songs. Different file, same contents.

In theory, when the pack is added (which I guess it is now?), you'll download it and those songs will show up as "In Library," preventing you from re-buying them (in-game, anyway).

FyreWulff

I had this problem yesterday with the PS4 set. It turns out even though it was paired with my PC it was still connecting to the PS4 when it was starting test mode. I just turned off and unplugged my PS4, it worked after that. It doesn't take long, but it is definitely not instant and it will tell you when the process completes.

you pretty much have to do this with the ps4, whenever i used my ps4 controller on the ps3 the ps4 will still grab the controller even if you put it into bluetooth mode. annoying. unplugging the ps4 completely seems to be the only way to keep it from doing that

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
That's how it should be. Buying Blitz doesn't give you those song licenses, instead you get a big pack that happens to contain all those same songs. Different file, same contents.

In theory, when the pack is added (which I guess it is now?), you'll download it and those songs will show up as "In Library," preventing you from re-buying them (in-game, anyway).
Aha, thanks! That makes sense now.

Woffls

Looks like legacy DLC is still on sale in the UK - not sure about other regions. Thought I'd mention it in case anyone wasn't aware. Still can't buy Smooth Criminal :(

Dazzyman

Spent 4hrs downloading my dlc from previous versions, what a tiresome going on. Can't download albums as it won't recognise themsoeverything your made to download individually. And weres Chilli peppers magik? And snow for that matter!

bounchfx

just did the ultimate litmus test for my drums (red barchetta on expert). it's really hard to tell what it is. it just feels inconsistent. there's times where I KNOW I hit the right notes but it fails out. it also had trouble doing a sustained roll on the red pad, and double quick kicks rarely work. sigh

Shoeless

Anyone else had luck? I can't seem to get it to work.

Edit: Of course it decides to work when I complain about it.

I made the mistake of trying to go to the PSN store to look for the tracks and download them. I didn't realize at first they'd just show up on your actual RB4 menu on the console, but there they were.

ViciousDS

Banned
just did the ultimate litmus test for my drums (red barchetta on expert). it's really hard to tell what it is. it just feels inconsistent. there's times where I KNOW I hit the right notes but it fails out. it also had trouble doing a sustained roll on the red pad, and double quick kicks rarely work. sigh

Double kicks are officially broken.....hell, fucking normal kicks are....you have to basically curb stomp the damn pedal every time because you have to go all the way up and down again. Also, something is definitely wrong with the lads either on our end or defective. However tons of people are reporting dropped notes....and I mean these things are picking up minor taps....to me it seems firmware related as well

Kolma

Double kicks are officially broken.....hell, fucking normal kicks are....you have to basically curb stomp the damn pedal every time because you have to go all the way up and down again. Also, something is definitely wrong with the lads either on our end or defective. However tons of people are reporting dropped notes....and I mean these things are picking up minor taps....to me it seems firmware related as well

Honestly soon as I saw the new pedal i put it away back in the box and went back to my RB2 pedal.
Didn't know it was giving issues just didn't like the lack of support at the base (4 rings? gonna break so quickly)

Kolma

Sssooooo I reverted from NXE.....Jane says hello

Son of a bitch

latest

Kolma

What was the method to update the song?

Edit: huh....I entered the store and it redownload throne and gimme chocolate....they must have fixed it or something

people said to just go to music store and that fixed the digital preorder songs.
My 30 preorder songs are still broken :D
So... wait and see like everything else?

I just reverted from NXE because it was garbage and apparently the system reverted to new it seems... oh god do I have to redownload everything?

Top Bottom