• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

CloudWolf

Yeah, one of my asshole bandmates
stabbed me in the eye with a chicken wing
and my character played onstage with
an eyepatch.

Okay, that's awesome. Hopefully I'll get my game and adapter next week to try that out for myself. The European launch is a tragedy.

Update on Patch #1:

Hey gang,

In case you didn’t notice, we launched Rock Band 4 on October 6th. We’re working hard with Mad Catz to make sure we get more product available at retail. Thanks for your patience if you couldn’t find the version you were looking for last week. For those of you that already bought the product, thank you for your support!

Players have had a lot of great comments on what they like and have been very helpful in pointing out bugs and suggesting features they think are important for us to add in a title update. It has been amazing to see the passion in the Rock Band community and we want to thank you for telling us what you think. We want to continue to develop a close working relationship with the community over the long term. It’s our intention to tailor the RB4 experience to the playing audience. We look forward to continuing the dialog with you.

To that end, we’ll be releasing a title update targeted for the last week of October (pending testing and platform certification), in addition to the already announced feature update coming December 8th. This interim update will address a handful of issues first reported by our early adopters.

Here’s what we have planned for this month:

Character Stand-ins: we fixed this issue; players who build custom band members can also have their band appear across all game modes (Shows, Quickplay, Career)
PS4 Streaming Audio Support: we are fixing the issue with song audio for live streaming on the PS4
5.1 crowd audio support: we are making a change to add more ambience and crowd audio to the surround channels, similar to what we’ve done in previous versions of Rock Band
Various bug fixes:
Fixed an issue where Beatles guitars would not auto-calibrate
Fixed an issue where character previews might pop-up in the overshell during gameplay
Fixed a font issue with certain symbols in lyrics
Fixed a lefty-flip cymbal issue with GH drums
Fixed an issue where playing some songs with intentional missing parts would result in a crash
Fixed an issue on PS4 where users with more than 2,000 Friends are unable to view in-game leaderboards

So, that’s the plan! We will of course be releasing full detailed build notes (including the specific bugs addressed) when the update is released.

We’ll soon also be providing additional information about the December title update, including specifics regarding availability of DLC exports.

Thanks for all your support!

-The team.

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-4-interim-patch-incoming/

pacman85

They're doing the new dlc announcements on Mondays now.

I really hope we get more than 4 songs this week.
I would hope this week they would want to get at least a 4-pack out of U2 or Van Halen songs since those are the 2 big bands they said DLC will definitely be coming for.

DJ_Lae

Character Stand-ins: we fixed this issue; players who build custom band members can also have their band appear across all game modes (Shows, Quickplay, Career)

So excited for this.

I really need those exports, though. I've been mostly playing DLC stuff but I only seem to have about 50 or so songs working. I do not care for the RB4 track songs other than a small handful, I need the old stuff.

pacman85

Exports in December I guess :(
Ugh, I hope not. I hope that was just the way they worded this. Also, lack of any additions to quickplay (the only mode my friends and I really play) is disappointing. I guess everything I want changed is more of "adding features" like adding setlists, filters, etc.

Yaari

December is longgggggg.

On NXOE the game seems to really stutter and perform poorly. Or that might just be me but damn, it does not run all that great.

So they say they're adding more "ambience and crowd effects" to surround sound channels in the update... That's great (assuming they also fix the bug that's causing the PS4 [and Xbone?] to only output in stereo), BUT:

I am really hoping they give us full-on surround like they did in RB3. The instrument you were playing would be mixed louder and come through the center speaker, and low frequencies were actually routed correctly to the subwoofer.

The sound is really flat in RB4, and while it's not game-breaking, it's certainly a major bummer for a game focused on music.

Kemal86

Excited that stand-ins are coming soon, I can finally have Kim Pine as my permanent drummer again.

I really hope Quickplay Setlist Creation is coming sooner rather than later...and filtering options.

Ah so now I can create a full band and have them appear across all modes instead of some random scrubs that look out of place hanging about. Nice.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's cool that they do stand-ins now.
Would be cool if this "close working relationship with the community" also included EU peeps, cause communication with everything surrounding this awful PAL release has been terrible. I mean, I know the dire legacy DLC situation for example is not their fault, but they gotta know what's up with the monkey updating the store.

Oh and fuck Mainstream Kid.

Just went through the SEN webstore and 'rebought" all of my DLC which finally let me download it to PS4. I have 16 items though that went to NUL pages. Some of them are easy like Don't Stop Believing. I have to go through again and see which ones are dead :(

robotrock

Banned
Just went through the SEN webstore and 'rebought" all of my DLC which finally let me download it to PS4. I have 16 items though that went to NUL pages. Some of them are easy like Don't Stop Believing. I have to go through again and see which ones are dead :(

Any luck on Blitz yet? I've still got nothing :(

mackattk

So...why wasn't this game just released in December again?

Yeah, it is a pretty major buzzkill knowing that by the time December rolls around I would have probably moved on to other games.. I will still revisit RB4, but it just feels like they came out with the game when they did just to beat GH:L to the market. I would have vastly preferred they just wait until everything is set up, with all the DLC songs, exports, and whatever else available at launch.

Any luck on Blitz yet? I've still got nothing :(

Nope.

Just went through, these songs are dead for me:

charlene
real world
live forever
baba o'riley
under the bridge
my iron lung
monkey wrench
don't speak
underneat it all
snow (bought track pack 2 just for this)
don't stop believing
don't look back in anger
just a girl
spiderwebs

"not available for purhcase b/c you have already purchased":
We didn't start the fire...but I can't D/L to PS4.

Any chance any of these will work in the future or are they all dead?

Nope.

charlene
real world
live forever
baba o'riley
under the bridge
my iron lung
monkey wrench
don't speak
underneat it all
don't stop believing
don't look back in anger
just a girl
spiderwebs

Supposedly everything will make it over... Eventually. They've said plainly "if you previously bought it, it will be playable in RB4"

Which is awesome

opoth

Banned
I guess I don't mind the main game exports in December if they can continue to make strides toward sorting out license entitlements for people who own music that's already available individually in the RB4 store (Green Day, track packs, preorder bonuses) - they did it with Blitz this week so it would be nice to see more of that before December.

All they said was they'd be posting about availability of exports soon (at the same time as they'd be posting about the December update). I think they'll come before that.

All they said was they'd be posting about availability of exports soon (at the same time as they'd be posting about the December update). I think they'll come before that.

Read it again.

We’ll soon also be providing additional information about the December title update, including specifics regarding availability of DLC exports.

"information about the December title update, INCLUDING specifics regarding..."

That is 100% unequivocally meaning that exports won't be available until then.

If the sentence said "...title update AND specifics" then that would mean it's a different phrase. But it said "including."

Nope.

charlene
real world
live forever
baba o'riley
under the bridge
my iron lung
monkey wrench
don't speak
underneat it all
don't stop believing
don't look back in anger
just a girl
spiderwebs

I've got My Iron Lung, Monkeywrench, Don't Look Back in Anger and Live Forever working perfectly on PS4. I had this issue with 1901 for a few days and then I was able to actually download it.

I was able to download these tracks to my PS4-

Charlene
Live Forever
Don't Look Back in Anger
Baba O'Riley
Just A Girl
Spiderwebs
Don't Speak
Underneath It All
My Iron Lung
Monkey Wrench

Not able to download-
Snow
Under the Bridge
Don't Stop Believing

Edit- I should stop reading this thread in reverse

SFenton

I guess I don't mind the main game exports in December if they can continue to make strides toward sorting out license entitlements for people who own music that's already available individually in the RB4 store (Green Day, track packs, preorder bonuses) - they did it with Blitz this week so it would be nice to see more of that before December.

Blitz was also just licensed as regular DLC, and if you happened to buy the game, it technically came with no content and you bought the license for the DLC- it's a little different than a disc export. It was more like a Track Pack, like you mentioned.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
December? Holy shit. :(
Oh well, I guess I can play other things for the next two months... funny that I'd have more fun playing RB3 than 4 though. lol

Read it again.

If the sentence said "...title update AND specifics" then that would mean it's a different phrase. But it said "including."
No, that means it will be in the same POST, not December specifically.

jond76

Banned
Rockband 4 was always presented as an evolving platform, so it makes sense that they would get the core mechanics set then update out over time. Otherwise they would delay it forever waiting for it to be complete.

No matter what I do I can't get the mic to work on Ps4.

I've tried the official RB4 mic. And ive tried the RB2 mic.

Nothing!!

Anyone have this issue or have a suggestion on how to fix it?

Mr.Fusion

Gonna be difficult to fix- it's why Ubisoft is so particular about your audio setup on Rocksmith, it's the same situation there.

It seems to be a little different. I tried connecting my XB1 to my receiver via optical audio ( set to stereo) and I still have lag. I connect my 360 via the same cable and even have Dolby Digital on, and there is no discernible mic lag.

I still want to know why my drum calibration for Rock Band 3 on Xbox 360 is 0ms audio/25ms video, but on Rock Band 4 through Xbox One on the same equipment, it's 125ms audio/75ms video. Not on preview dashboard.

Read it again.

No. It's the information that includes the info about the exports. Not the update.

No, that means it will be in the same POST, not December specifically.
This guy gets it.

Damn no mention about fixing the mic audio lag. :(
The lag is inherent to your setup, unfortunately. No way to fix it in software. I've always had this issue in rock band, and my solution is simply to turn the mic volume all the way down. It still registers just fine.

robotrock

Banned
I still want to know why my drum calibration for Rock Band 3 on Xbox 360 is 0ms audio/25ms video, but on Rock Band 4 through Xbox One on the same equipment, it's 125ms audio/75ms video. Not on preview dashboard.

Have you tried using your 360 numbers on RB4?

Do they work better?

No matter what I do I can't get the mic to work on Ps4.

I've tried the official RB4 mic. And ive tried the RB2 mic.

Nothing!!

Anyone have this issue or have a suggestion on how to fix it?

Are you logging in with a controller? You have to connect one and press start to join. Once the game has started you can plug in and use 2 additional mics for harmonies (they don't need their own controllers).

I got really weird calibration numbers too, when I got the game at launch I put in the calibration numbers I use for Rock Band 3 and those numbers were way off.

Perfect calibration for RB3 was 0ms audio/15ms video, for Rock Band 4 the calibration that I settled on was 60ms audio/100ms video.

Are you logging in with a controller? You have to connect one and press start to join. Once the game has started you can plug in and use 2 additional mics for harmonies (they don't need their own controllers).
Yes I'm logged in w controller. But the game simply won't recognize the mic. The PlayStation sees the mic connecting but it just won't work in game.

Top Bottom