• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Surely this is a poor attempt at trolling
uhhhhhhh why would I be trolling? I've been posting on this thread for a while and I don't see why now would be the time to flip the switch in meaninglessly upsetting people.

I find this post fascinating because I disagree with it almost completely.

My rankings weren't trolling (I've been working on it since launch and I'm going to keep it maintained for years to come) and I absolutely love lists more than anything. I got people making their own lists on Twitter and I've read them all and talked to them about their own lists and it was a grand old time. I think it's a bunch of fun and provides interesting discussion. Which I thought was going fine here until I was called out for trolling.

You don't find those types of posts and points intriguing but I do. And if it wasn't clear, all of it was my own personal opinion. I don't pretend to have any objective markers on any position I have for anything. Just what I feel and how much I've enjoyed things is my metric.

It's an anti-drinking and drugging song.

Lynyrd Skynyrd also did an anti-gun song.

They were pretty interesting for a southern rock band.
You're absolutely right, sorry if I came across as ignorant (because I am). I like Lynyrd Skynyrd just fine (except Free Bird but that's a long story). Wish we got I Know A Little from the excellent Guitar Hero: On Tour instead! That would have made me super happy!

Is there any word on a Muse pack coming?

Not really. Though you never really know - songs pop up on DLC every week, and they don't usually telegraph what's coming next.

I would've hoped that they'd have gotten something on-disc with Drones hitting this year ('Reapers' would've been awesome), but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Muse is one of the most consistently suggested bands for this franchise, so much so that it's something of a community in-joke.

Just downloaded the first Queen pack and only got half the songs to download. When I check the psn store, it just says "installed"...now what do I do? On PS4. Hope I don't have to redownload everything cause that would take a while.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Is there any word on a Muse pack coming?

They've been inundated with Muse requests for the life of the series and have expressed their annoyance repeatedly and rudely. They'll never put any more in RB out of spite. HMX hates you.

robotrock

Banned
Just downloaded the first Queen pack and only got half the songs to download. When I check the psn store, it just says "installed"...now what do I do? On PS4. Hope I don't have to redownload everything cause that would take a while.

Queen Pack 01? You can only download 4 of the 10 songs right now on PS4. It's a real bummer.

Hopefully they fix it soon!

Torpy

Neo Member
Just picked up my band in a box bundle from EB games in australia as well as a guitar bundle from jb hifi. $750, so worth it. Actually really like the guitar surprisingly, last RB guitar I played was rb1.

So apparently when I 'redownloaded' the Blitz soundtrack on the 7th on my PS3, that queued it all up for my PS4, because they show up in my Download List...but they all error out when I try to add them.

I'll just try keeping blitz open for a bit...

They've been inundated with Muse requests for the life of the series and have expressed their annoyance repeatedly and rudely. They'll never put any more in RB out of spite. HMX hates you.

IIRC Muse tracks used to come to GH a lot, and after Hysteria came out RB never got any more. I would buy it for a high price, strangah, if one ever did come out for RB4.

bobohoro

Ugh, finding guitars new or used is a pain in the ass.

It really is.
I'm close to buying a GH5-Bundle for PS2, since it's the only thing available used for a reasonable price. New guitars are nowhere to be found.

The PS2-guitars work on PS4 as well, right? Since I think they are identical to their PS3 counterpart.

IIRC Muse tracks used to come to GH a lot, and after Hysteria came out RB never got any more. I would buy it for a high price, strangah, if one ever did come out for RB4.

There was a Muse track in every Guitar Hero from GH3 onwards, as well as a couple of GH tracks. They certainly aren't opposed to the genre, with Matt appearing in GH5 as a character.

There was a Muse track in every Guitar Hero from GH3 onwards, as well as a couple of GH tracks. They certainly aren't opposed to the genre, with Matt appearing in GH5 as a character.

I know they were in the GH games, which is why I went with GH series back in the day actually. After Hysteria, Rock Band never got any more, presumably because of some kind of deal with Acti.

Except the GH World Tour guitar, which might or might not work depending on the day of the week and the alignment of planets.
I have the band hero guitar isn't that the guitar hero 5 one, it has the slider bar (don't laugh I got it because I had switched from Xbox and they were on clearance. I got the whole bundle drums, guitar and mic for 50 bucks new
also isn't it the only game where you can play Taylor Swift songs?
)

DryvBy

I have an old Rock Band mic and the day I bought this, I was playing just fine. But for some reason now, I can't get the mic to register on the PS4 so the mic just doesn't work. I plugged it into my PS3 and PC which recognizes the mic.

I went into devices with my mic plugged in and it's not even showing up. Anyway to fix this?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
thanks for the RB Blitz tip, had to hook up my old ps3 with USA account, can confirm it works fine on my EU account after dling on US account :D (also have US version of RB4 ofc)

DryvBy

Well, I got the mic to recognize now but it's not picking up any volume. Any ideas?

GNpy3MO.jpg

S0dg9C5.jpg

*The bottom is with my talking into the mic.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
That doesn't seem to work in Europe at all. I can't download a single song out of a pack I own if the actual pack isn't up yet.

Just got the game on PS4 in Europe

I'm assuming when a song shows up in the Store as "Purchased" that means the PS4 version is not up yet?

Also I take it the Blitz songs haven't transferred over either?

Yaari

Don't worry too much about overstrumming, it happens to the best of us. Just try to make sure you're hitting more notes than you are missing or overstrumming.

Ah right. So I should just strum as much as possible. Preferably hitting the notes rather than missing them entirely I guess. I'll try to change the approach a bit.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Just got the game on PS4 in Europe

I'm assuming when a song shows up in the Store as "Purchased" that means the PS4 version is not up yet?

Also I take it the Blitz songs haven't transferred over either?
Some of them are available. Your best bet is to go over the following links, and download everything that shows up as purchased to your PS4 remotely via the webstore.

ROCK BAND store: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...aystation-store:herobanner-shop-now:null:null

ROCK BAND 3 store: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...aystation-store:herobanner-shop-now:null:null

ROCK BAND 3 (HMX) store: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...aystation-store:herobanner-shop-now:null:null

Each of these categories have been updated daily over the past two weeks, ranging from +200 songs on some days, and -5 songs on others. Still about, I dunno, 500 missing I guess?

For the Blitz songs you have to boot up Blitz on PS3, download the soundtrack after the prompt (you can cancel the download, I even seems to work after a failed DL), and then go to the "My Add-Ons" menu on the Rock Band 4 tile on PS4 and download the songs from there.

Welcome to the seventh layer of hell that is Rock Band 4 EU, enjoy your stay~

I got into Muse shortly after HMX stopped putting out DLC for Rock Band 3.

Needless to say, it was the worst time for me to get into Muse.

Some of them are available. Your best bet is to go over the following links, and download everything that shows up as purchased to your PS4 remotely via the webstore.

ROCK BAND store: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...aystation-store:herobanner-shop-now:null:null

ROCK BAND 3 store: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...aystation-store:herobanner-shop-now:null:null

ROCK BAND 3 (HMX) store: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...aystation-store:herobanner-shop-now:null:null

Each of these categories have been updated daily over the past two weeks, ranging from +200 songs on some days, and -5 songs on others. Still about, I dunno, 500 missing I guess?

For the Blitz songs you have to boot up Blitz on PS3, download the soundtrack after the prompt (you can cancel the download, I even seems to work after a failed DL), and then go to the "My Add-Ons" menu on the Rock Band 4 tile on PS4 and download the songs from there.

Welcome to the seventh layer of hell that is Rock Band 4 EU, enjoy your stay~

Thanks managed to get the Blitz songs

Just played Linger and the crowd had phones out and a stupidly loud sing along...I love HMX I missed Rock Band

FyreWulff

How u gonna release a new Rock Band game and not have exports ready in time for the Halloween parties

Just gonna hunch here but they probably prioritized the 1700 or so DLC songs working for existing purchases over converting exports that a smaller number of people took advantage of.

This is the one thing I'm gonna side on Harmonix with the current situation. People are seriously underestimating the time and effort they had to put in to even get 95% of the existing DLC library working. The exports are coming, it's just obvious they're a bit more complicated because

- RB1 songs all need to be retrofit to work as DLC content (RB2 and 3 supply a massive amount of patch files to get them running in RB3.. meaning they have to convert them to not depend on RB3 patching them on the fly). The disc export just wrote them onto your hard drive as saved game files.

- MS and Sony apparently have not provided a way to push non-store songs into the DL history, which is preventing anyone from downloading 'invisible' offers like the RB2/Lego/Green Day/Track Pack exports, and the pulled songs (so they have to get that solved to even provide the exports). See also: Microsoft's weird situation with having to download singles out of a pack instead of just the pack itself.

- RB1 and RB2 tracks are also being retrofitted with Harmonies. More test time.

- And now they've added the RB3 export onto their plate.

Maybe I'm just a mark for this developer, but they're providing a free re-download of songs you exported on a different console with discs printed and published by 3 different publishers. Nobody else has done this, and nobody else has over 2000 content items being made available again across two console generations. I think I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt in this regard.

Kolma

I wonder if I can get by with just trying to clean these guitars myself and getting them to work better until then, hmmm.

I took apart my guitar and cleaned the fret contacts (and black part of the rubber buttons) with rubbing alcohol.

Worked wonders but it ended up not registering frets unless i press really hard again after a month or two, but still MUCH better than before I had cleaned them.

ViciousDS

Banned
Waited till the weekend for the new drum firmware and to no shock they still haven't released it.......this is such a fucking disaster for drums.

I've been going through five starring everything I've missed and I managed to five star/gold star EVERY song but Metropolis.

It's beyond arm's reach away on guitar, on bass it's fine except for when it decides to be IMPOSSIBLE, I'm not even going to try on drums.

The thing is, it's very possible on vocals. In fact, I think it might actually be pretty easy.
But I have a MASSIVE cold right now and I sound like the lead singer of Live choking on a cough drop atm. I got 90% but broke only got 3 stars.

The rest of the songs were fine. I knew anything I couldn't do on guitar or bass I could do on Vocals, which were exclusively used to five star 3 songs on disk that I couldn't do it on anything else: Dream Genie, Miracle Man, and I think The Impression That I Get (One of the first songs I played, I could probably do it on something else). Soon Metropolis will be on that list!

Psymatiq

Neo Member
Am i the only one that want a less transparent highway? The highway is way shorter than RB3 cause of the transparency if something happens onstage im basically blind.

Top Bottom