• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

So still no news on exports? Really finding the RB4 catalog kind of dull.

They're working on them and they are coming "soon" as of their last official statement. Expect an OT update and pages of comments here discussing them (instead of pages of comments asking how to get them/asking where they are).

Yes, that's why their last album sounded like it came from an actual band and not Fall Out Girl.

So when you say all albums... and given that you admit they are different phases, you include the completely different starting band, too? All for a name? Or for a punk girl that dyes her hair?

robotrock

Banned
It's been eight days since I submitted a support ticket to Harmonix about not getting my Rock Band Blitz soundtrack in Rock Band Blitz PS3 and I still have no response. $15 for a three track Rock Band game

Kolma

It's been eight days since I submitted a support ticket to Harmonix about not getting my Rock Band Blitz soundtrack in Rock Band Blitz PS3 and I still have no response. $15 for a three track Rock Band game

Well the game itself isn't broken.
Rock Band Blitz is a fun game all on its own.

So when you say all albums... and given that you admit they are different phases, you include the completely different starting band, too? All for a name? Or for a punk girl that dyes her hair?

I haven't listened any further back than All We Know Is Falling, but I mean, what are the chances it's radically different? It's not like Kara's Flowers had little in common with Maroon 5 either.

EDIT: Oh okay, a funk cover band. Sure.

Lowlander and I go way back. He can back me up on Paramore being the greatest thing to happen to music ever.

Paramore has been my favorite band since I started listening to music. Misery Business is my favorite song of all time and everything they've done is musical perfection to me. I may live my fashion sensibilities after My Chemical Romance, but MCR hasn't influenced me a tenth of what Paramore has.

I can't lie, I would buy Paramore: Rock Band lol

And I always wanted Welcome to the Black Parade full album dlc!
I like you a lot, friend!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I am using my Rock Band 1 mic. I am thinking of buying another mic. Other than the Rock Band 4 mic, what are some other good options?

Kolma

I am using my Rock Band 1 mic. I am thinking of buying another mic. Other than the Rock Band 4 mic, what are some other good options?

518aO28FX2L._SL1400_.jpg

if you can find one at gamestop used they are $10 like every other USB mic.

BTW for anyone that missed this earlier
https://twitter.com/steve_janiak/status/654819359559303168

@steve_janiak
More info on a bug fix update coming soon

@InvisibleCrane
@steve_janiak What's being fixed if I may ask

@steve_janiak
@InvisibleCrane still working on the full content but we'll start identifying specifics tomorrow
Hoping for some good fixes, although I can't think of any that I've encountered besides freestyle solos not making sounds.

Kolma

Cool thanks for the recommendation!

basically any other mic other than the rb1 mic would be an upgrade.
except singstar, lips, and M.I.C. since they don't work on xone/ps4

The newer the mic the more likely it's going to have better guts in it.

Haven't played one of these games since GH:World Tour or something, and jesus I have lost a lot of skill.

"The Impression that I get? I love that song. I'll jump straight to hard mode."

:lol

ElyrionX

Thinking of picking this up today but sounds like there are plenty of issues when reading this thread. I only have RB1 on the 360 so probably won't find much export issues. But I am very keen to play the Iron Maiden and Dream Theater tracks which I will pick up as DLC if I do buy the game.

But my bigger concern is the longevity of RB4 as a platform and whether it is sustainable and whether track/DLC quality can be sustained given that Harmonix has no major backer now.

Any thoughts GAF?

Yeah, third-wave ska riffs tend to be tricky on guitar from what I've heard. I haven't exactly heard great things about the guitar chart for Save Ferris' cover of Come On Eileen, either.

espher

Finally got a chance to sing a few songs last night (only got the game late last week + have been sick w/ a sore throat for a week and change).

Goddamn Harmonix knocked it out of the park with the vocal selections. Panama was the weakest of the tracks I played, so that says something. ;)

RE the earlier Paramore discussion, their track on the disc in RB4 was my first brush with the band's recent output and holy shit, it's awful. What happened?! Good lord.

if you can find one at gamestop used they are $10 like every other USB mic.

Is this (The Wii U mic) genuinely good, quality wise? Have a chance to pick some of these up.

Finally got my hands on RB4. I see what ppl mean about the DLC situation, it's a shame "rebuild dlc cache" doesn't really work at all :lol

I got Track Pack Volume 2 activated on my PS3 in RB3, where do I find that in RB4 now? Similarly, where do I possibly find Blitz?

Wait, is DLC no longer announced on Fridays? I thought last announcement was just a one time thing.

RE the earlier Paramore discussion, their track on the disc in RB4 was my first brush with the band's recent output and holy shit, it's awful. What happened?! Good lord.
It's a middle tier track from their latest amazing (but needs time to digest) album.

I'd take so many songs over Still Into You, mostly because it's a disposable love song and there are better songs on that album with more meat to it (Ain't It Fun, Daydreaming, Part II). STILL! I'm over the moon we got them in the game. Fingers crossed for a full Rock Band 3 export so we can get my favorite song of all time back where it belongs!

MrNelson

Banned
Finally got my hands on RB4. I see what ppl mean about the DLC situation, it's a shame "rebuild dlc cache" doesn't really work at all :lol

I got Track Pack Volume 2 activated on my PS3 in RB3, where do I find that in RB4 now? Similarly, where do I possibly find Blitz?
All of the track pack discs are considered exports, so you have to wait for them to show up in the store to use them in RB4. So far the only ones up are the Classic Rock track pack and the Country track pack.

As far as Blitz, just make sure you have the pack downloaded to your PS3 and you should be set.

All of the track pack discs are considered exports, so you have to wait for them to show up in the store to use them in RB4. So far the only ones up are the Classic Rock track pack and the Country track pack.

As far as Blitz, just make sure you have the pack downloaded to your PS3 and you should be set.

Gotcha thanks. My mistake, I thought more were up and just RB1 and RB2 weren't.

I still can't download it to the PS3 :( When I click yes to download it just goes to a blank PSN screen saying there isn't anything there, ah well.

opoth

Banned

Are we just talking PS4 for the Classic Rock track pack export working? I'm on XB1 and my occasional checks of the store pretty much revolve around my 2 missing Boston songs - if they show up, that means the Classic Rock track pack is working, and the Green Day songs. Haven't seen them yet though.

MrNelson

Banned
Are we just talking PS4 for the Classic Rock track pack export working? I'm on XB1 and my occasional checks of the store pretty much revolve around my 2 missing Boston songs - if they show up, that means the Classic Rock track pack is working, and the Green Day songs. Haven't seen them yet though.
Ya, I'm referring to PS4, I have no idea if they are up for the Xbone.

Haven't played one of these games since GH:World Tour or something, and jesus I have lost a lot of skill.

"The Impression that I get? I love that song. I'll jump straight to hard mode."

:lol

OH GOD, I want to enjoy the song so much, but it's like every note is a tad off beat and I can never, ever get the rhythm. I had to go down to medium just to beat it. I've had problems like that with other ska songs in the past.

Bleh, I'm upset that the drum pedal isn't working right now.

Back to Uncharted 2 (leaving a Rock Band game to play U2, WHATYEARISIT.JPEG). Why did they release this game in this state.

Uncle AJ

I am a horrible irresponsible person and have been researching kick pedals lol. Really want something with a beater and a contact pad. I should've hopped on this train years ago but whatever. Rock Pedal looks like the best option overall but the website is defunct, I'm assuming those aren't available anymore... Destroyer Pedal seems fine but eh. Any recommendations?

Yeah, third-wave ska riffs tend to be tricky on guitar from what I've heard. I haven't exactly heard great things about the guitar chart for Save Ferris' cover of Come On Eileen, either.

Oh crap.
Was redownloading dlc last night, wondered why I hadn't bought Come On Eileen yet, and immediately bought it. It's a cover? I forgot. No wonder I skipped it.

Oh crap.
Was redownloading dlc last night, wondered why I hadn't bought Come On Eileen yet, and immediately bought it. It's a cover? I forgot. No wonder I skipped it.
I think the Save Ferris cover is just as good as the original! It is a shame we didn't get the original, though. It's always a disappointment at parties.

Top Bottom