• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Finished watching your video, friend while livetweeting it (as you know).

And honestly, there's so much that you didn't cover that I'm now even angrier at Rock Band 4 that I was before. To think that you spent so much time talking about what was missing and there were still super important things that you didn't mention (stars screen, rating songs, UI being much worse across the board) made me super angry. And not to mention that I don't like Shows Mode and don't care for Vocals Freestyle (which you liked) and genuinely miss Pro Guitar (which you didn't), I may like the game even less than you do.

Urgh. I don't like feeling this way.

Yeah, had that one pop just this second as well. Wasn't that though, still had half a dozen easy FCs on Bass left if needed. Probably had something like 10GS on guitar, 10 on bass and 10 on pro drums, I think.

Now to look for a mic to get Dream Genie done and achieve the 5-star everything on expert trophy. Might just try another guitar run first though, although I'm half a star off and don't see myself really doing any better.

Won't get the plat though, cause without online I'll probably never get the x8 band multiplier or triple harmony trophy. :/
Triple Harmony trophy is easy! Buy "Fat Lip" by Sum 41 and sing on Harmonies. It's possible with only 1 mic. At least I'm 99.9% sure it's Fat Lip. It MIGHT be Still Waiting, but I'm pretty sure it's Fat Lip.

And sorry about the x8 trophy. I wasn't able to get it at my Rock Band party since the adapter didn't arrive, but I should get it at my next one.

Well, I got the mic to recognize now but it's not picking up any volume. Any ideas?

GNpy3MO.jpg

S0dg9C5.jpg

*The bottom is with my talking into the mic.
Has anyone given u any ideas?

I was in the exact same boat as you. I finally stumbled upon a solution.

1. I have the golds headset
2. I would always mute the mic while playing any game.
3. For RB4 I would disconnect the dongle of the headset and then plug in the RB4 mic.
4. No good. Would get the exact same response as you. None. Console would see the mic connected but it just wouldn't work for anything.

5. Troubleshooting. Wanted to see if ANY mic would work just in the dash for voice commands.
6. Plugged the golds back in. Showed up muted also. I unmuted them. Mic works.
7. Turned off the golds while the mic on the headset was still unmuted. Left dongle in.
8. Plugged in RB4 mic to see if voice commands work on the dash. Success!!
9. Tested in game and now works great.

Hope this helps at least a little. Was really frustrating for me but was able to figure it out right before my RB party lol.

FyreWulff

What's the requirement for gold stars again?

1.4x the 5 star score

I think

so if you 5-star at 100,000 points the gold star would be around 140,000 points

For me it's easier to round up mentally to 1.5 and note that half the score when the 5 stars ding is what i need to get gold

Mr.Fusion

I submitted a support ticket to Harmonix about the microphone lag, and today they responded saying it's a known issue and that they will have a solution implemented shortly.

Do we have any idea of how this is selling? All I could find is that it barely squeaked into the UK Top 10 sellers and a large majority of sales were for XB1.

Also curious how Guitar Hero Live will fare.

Torpy

Neo Member
Did we end up getting the 30 songs if you preorder down in australia? the EB employee seems to know nothing about it.

1.4x the 5 star score

I think

so if you 5-star at 100,000 points the gold star would be around 140,000 points

For me it's easier to round up mentally to 1.5 and note that half the score when the 5 stars ding is what i need to get gold
Also it's only available on Expert difficulty! Kind of important :p

oggob

Did we end up getting the 30 songs if you preorder down in australia? the EB employee seems to know nothing about it.

Seemed to be only the Guitar or Band bundle... stand alone versions are shit out of luck

Pre-order the Rock Band4 Band-In-A-Box or the Rock Band4 Fender Stratocaster Guitar Software Bundle for PlayStation®4 or Xbox One and get a Song Pack of 30 downloadable tracks playable in Rock Band 4 FOR FREE!

(AU) EB Games : PS4 Band Bundle

I swear, if I were paying $250 or $500 on this, I'd be wanting a hell of a lot more than 30 songs!

Torpy

Neo Member
Now that is commitment... $750 just gone like that...

I didn't want to go another few years with a rock band 1 drum kit. Never again, I can definetely say it was worth it. Friends that have never played rock band or guitar hero playing for hours together. Good times.

Unfortunately no one else is buying it because of the steep price, so I'll be picking up GH live as well to play with friends. $950 for plastic instruments in the course of a week. What have I become...

Axiom

When I picked up the standalone at my local EB the other day I asked about the 30 pre-order songs and the manger rang head office to complain and get a code sent down. So if that actually happens, I'll let you guys know.

Anyone have any luck connecting to the in game AU store, is it just a PS4 problem?

So, what do you lot think is going to be DLC this week then? Now we've got the pre-order stuff out the way, it could be anything.

Kinda expecting Arctic Monkeys myself. Do I Wanna Know, I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor and Brianstorm would make a fun pack.

aristotle

So, what do you lot think is going to be DLC this week then? Now we've got the pre-order stuff out the way, it could be anything.

Kinda expecting Arctic Monkeys myself. Do I Wanna Know, I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor and Brianstorm would make a fun pack.

But the pre-order stuff isn't out of the way yet. There's still the 30 song pre-order that needs to be released to the masses. So there are several weeks of DLC already :p

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
But the pre-order stuff isn't out of the way yet. There's still the 30 song pre-order that needs to be released to the masses. So there are several weeks of DLC already :p

Those pre-order songs are all old... Like, Rock Band 1 bonus song stuff.

God, that's totally going to be the announcement.

FyreWulff

They're all existing DLC or exports

vqe8g6T.png

all of the RB2 ones are in the Harmonix Free Pack that you can already get right now

I could've sworn it was all already existing releases.

Fuck me I hope they don't release the thirty songs over ten weeks.

^ Aha. Thought so.

Torpy

Neo Member
When I picked up the standalone at my local EB the other day I asked about the 30 pre-order songs and the manger rang head office to complain and get a code sent down. So if that actually happens, I'll let you guys know.

Anyone have any luck connecting to the in game AU store, is it just a PS4 problem?

I connect just fine on xbone. Might just be ps4?

I'm hoping for Van Halen, particularly their first album.

Barring that, I'd like to see something new, random, and pleasing to me. Like, I dunno, a Smiths pack or a couple of Kiss tracks. Not specifically those, but you get the idea.

CloudWolf

They're all existing DLC or exports

vqe8g6T.png

all of the RB2 ones are in the Harmonix Free Pack that you can already get right now

I'm really bummed about "Entangled" being in the 30 pre-order songs. That song was DLC that I paid for in Rock Band 2 and now I can't redownload it because it's part of the free DLC and the Xbox Live Marketplace doesn't allow duplicate files. I love that song dammit :'(

Do we actually know we are getting DLC this week? I don't think they ever committed to weekly DLC this time around.

Under "Thanks For Supporting Us!"

Lastly, just in case it isn’t clear, we are 100% committed to the Rock Band franchise. We want to work with you, our community, to continue to build upon this game. Let us know what you think! Rock Band 4 was built from the ground up based on the features the most fans wanted, and we’re always happy to hear where you think the franchise should be headed. We’ve got an aggressive schedule of feature updates and weekly new song DLC for after launch, so stayed tuned from us as well.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I just pray that SCEE monkey is in a good mood tomorrow and lots of songs are waiting to be downloaded when I get home.
Last fridays update makes me a bit anxious though.

wilflare

Is anyone here jumping on Guitar Hero Live as well?

On a separate note, it feels kinda good looking through the the PSN Store and seeing that some of your former DLC is ready for download (like the PS3->PS4 export is ready)

Yaari

On a separate note, it feels kinda good looking through the the PSN Store and seeing that some of your former DLC is ready for download (like the PS3->PS4 export is ready)

Waiting for reviews and full list of GHTV songs, and perhaps a glimpse of how they handle additional content for that. But it does interest me yeah

Not until Black Friday or something, not sure for what system either.

I will be. If I preorder at best buy and don't pick it up (if it reviews badly) they refund me right?

wilflare

has anyone sold their old instruments and decided to just stick with the RB4 ones?

I bought the digital RB4 off PSN yesterday and queued all my songs - feels really good :3

Yeah, this is my main problem. I wanted to buy the game, but without Gold it seems so pointless.

In all honesty it seems that the way they're doing their "dlc" is lazy. They don't have to get the masters anymore and separate the audio, and chart it to the stems.

Now all they have to do is license the song for streaming, and chart over a music video.

CloudWolf

In all honesty it seems that the way they're doing their "dlc" is lazy. They don't have to get the masters anymore and separate the audio, and chart it to the stems.

Now all they have to do is license the song for streaming, and chart over a music video.
I wonder how the quality of the GHTV charts is, since you hear far less of what is actually played in a MP3 as opposed to the seperate stems.

At least with that they can get pretty much anything. Hell, they could stick in a recording from the 50s if they wanted.

bobohoro

Triple Harmony trophy is easy! Buy "Fat Lip" by Sum 41 and sing on Harmonies. It's possible with only 1 mic. At least I'm 99.9% sure it's Fat Lip. It MIGHT be Still Waiting, but I'm pretty sure it's Fat Lip.

And sorry about the x8 trophy. I wasn't able to get it at my Rock Band party since the adapter didn't arrive, but I should get it at my next one.

Thanks, will look it up.

After half an hour of making weird noises, I ended up with 4,75 stars on Dream Genie on Expert Vox. I'm so bad at this, can't hold a note for the life of me and my pitch is all over the place. Never was much of a singer. But well, I can see myself getting there some time. It's also kinda sad and hilarious that half an hour on the mic exhausted me way more than 5 hours drumming without a pause.

Don't really think so. Dislike the new button layout, dislike the idea of GHTV, dislike Activision. Maybe if I come across it cheap, say below 50€, in a couple of months and it reviewed somehwat decently.

Gorger

Soooo how's the PS4 Guitar?
If it's not good, what would be a good PS3 substitute?

It depends on your style. Some people like the RB4 guitar (silent strum bar, solo keys, light weight), but many prefer the old GH guitars. My personal favorite is the Warrior of Rock Guitar, but it's very hard to get a hold of.

It depends on your style. Some people like the RB4 guitar (silent strum bar, solo keys, light weight), but many prefer the old GH guitars. My personal favorite is the Warrior of Rock Guitar, but it's very hard to get a hold of.

Pretty much impossible at a decent price. And it's really annoying how ebay has about 297857892852 guitars for sale all with "no dongle".

Hawk269

With GH launching this Tuesday, anyone think that HMX will unload some high profile acts as DLC content this week or next week? Van Halen Pack, U2 Pack?

Top Bottom