• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best multiplayer game I have played in years! I don't really know what to say?!?!? It's my GOTY so far by a huge margin! I can't really express my thoughts on how awesome this game is, so yeah! Just buy it if you haven't all ready!!!!

Any Gaffers on PS4 playing right now? I've had a blast playing the last two nights (in the wee hours, lol) with my fellow NeoGAF brethren. Great games, great fun!

Grinchy

Banned
Its like watching real football, rather than the rest of us all cuddling under the ball waiting for it to drop and all chasing it everywhere lol.

Yeah the level of play is just insane. I played against some of these guys in battlecars years ago but I was never any good. I'm still not, but I never knew that anyone was this good until recently. I guess that's what happens when everyone streams on twitch.

So are these small RC cars? Full sized cars driven with a control? Are there drivers inside? Are they sentient car like beings?

The audience members are ovals. It's an alternate dimension where the Oval-people enslave sentient cars to fight for their entertainment.

The object is to bash around a circular ball (the sworn enemy of Oval-kind, and a symbol of the Circle people), which greatly pleases the Oval people, but the vehicles are sadly caught in the middle of it all, and often die by each others own hands

The audience members are ovals. It's an alternate dimension where the Oval-people enslave sentient cars to fight for their entertainment.

The object is to bash around a circular ball (the sworn enemy of Oval-kind, and a symbol of the Circle people), which greatly pleases the Oval people, but the vehicles are sadly caught in the middle of it all, and often die by each others own hands
JwWCz8m.png

How are you supposed to hit some of these shots in Ariel training.... No way to hump that high

jump (or double jump) and use the left stick to control your car in the air...then use boost to go in the air higher

spend some time in Free Play just driving around trying stuff to figure it out

FootballFan

So with the level/ranking thing, does anyone know how it goes in the later levels?

Level 1-9 = Rookie
Level 10-19 = Semi-pro
Level 20-29 = Pro
Level 30-39 = veteran

Does anyone know what comes next? I've only seen those 4 so far

redhood56

Banned
Before I started getting unplayable lag I was getting a lot better. I started scoring goals but it was frustrating when no one ever stays back for the face off.

AcridMeat

Banned

I love this. I love this so much. hahahah

I apologize if this has been asked a million times but is tracking of wins in cars not working correctly? I have a lot of wins with Breakout for example, but it still shows zero.

aro52

My teammate had a straight up yellow and blue car, but we were on the red team*. What

*Orange team. There must be a very yellow shade of orange to pick. Blue would then be his secondary color.

Good thing they did Blue vs Orange... The purple cars would be very confusing!

LordofPwn

Pro Status achieved. Ranked skill looks like heart rate monitor. Wish I'd get matched with people that stayed in the game. Sucks to play 1v3 and feel bad when it's 3v1. Had 1 match where I had 8 goals... I also feel I set up a lot of shots and my teammates don't follow through.

hymanator

I'm not sure if it's just my bad luck, but people in ranked matches rage quit constantly. The second the score gets to about 2 to 0, one random person from the losing side will quit, even when there is 3 or so minutes left in the match. It's infuriating.

I know it rewards a "win" to the winning side when the losing side quits, but is there some sort of penalty in place to punish people that quit early, especially in ranked matches? It's unfair to the other players on the losing side when they still want to put up a fight. I know it's still possible to win when you are down a player, but this situation shouldn't be happening as often as it does.

I would take an idiot easy level AI to fill in the missing slot than nothing at all.

edit: lol... I normally always play 3 vs 3. So I decided to try 2 vs 2 ranked and someone rage quit on my team the second we were down by one point. The score was only 1 to 2. This is obviously becoming a problem with ranked matches since that was the only match I played since I wrote this post. Lucky for me I somehow put up a fight and won even though I was outnumbered... which felt pretty awesome. Might stick with 2 vs 2 ranked for a while.

newsguy

More than most games I'm noticing that there's a huge fatigue factor for me in RL. I may start the night warm, may even middle of the pack. An hour later I'm having mvp games consecutively and feeling great. An hour later I'm missing absolutely every ball and I'm questioning my sanity. I actually wonder if I was doing well earlier because I'm playing so poorly by the end of the night. This is constant for me. It's like a spike in performance and a huge drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom