• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmonzy

I don't understand the point system in ranked. I win 3 matches in a row, get +30. Then I lose one match, -40 which puts me less points than I started with.

Had a 2v2 with a random before work today. The other guy on my team was useless. All he was go for demos on the other team and just mindlessly dive for the ball at any given chance.

It's frustrating lone wolfing it sometimes.

I don't mind if the leagues reset every month. If they do they should do sometging like Hearthstone does with cardbacks where every season people who hit a certain rank get a cometic item that won't be available again.

They should update the game with some sort of team slideshow or something of each cars on both teams side by side before every match. People obviously would have the option to skip; similiar to the goal replay sksideWould be a nice way to start a match instead if a straight countdown.

Iced

I've noticed people spamming the chat lately using quickchat commands, and often orchestrated to the point that it's hindering me. If I issue a team command at kickoff (such as defending), it gets buried in a sea of "wow!" and "OMG!"

Very annoying.

The Cowboy

I said i wanted spinners and a reasonable price for the DLC pack, and i got spinners and a fantastic price for the DLC pack.

Now give me under car lighting, you know you want to add it into the game - why deny your cravings Psyonix, you know its the right idea :D.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't understand the point system in ranked. I win 3 matches in a row, get +30. Then I lose one match, -40 which puts me less points than I started with.

Sounds like standard elo type match making. How many points you lose/gain depends on the levels of your teammates and the opposing team. So if the game thinks your team should have a better chance of winning you'll receive less points if you do win, and lose more if you don't.

BShadowJ

Can we PLEASE have a 1v1 tournament?

It's so hype. A tournament would be faster too since scheduling would be easier

I wouldn't mind doing one, assuming there are enough people interested. I would just prefer to do it when the cross platform private matches came... :(

Sounds like standard elo type match making. How many points you lose/gain depends on the levels of your teammates and the opposing team. So if the game thinks your team should have a better chance of winning you'll receive less points if you do win, and lose more if you don't.
Or could be the higher your rank (the 3 figure one), the less points you get for winning, and the more points you lose when losing, because you're "expected" to win.

v1lla21

If it does, the match commentators need to be the Mexican soccer commentators. Or Ray Hudson.
I'll be trying to do some commentary once the spectator mode is released. I'm also Mexican but I'll doubt I'll be saying, "gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Ese balon era La camera de Un dragon!" lol. I'll mess around with replay mode to brush up on my camera skills :p

I'll be trying to do some commentary once the spectator mode is released. I'm also Mexican but I'll doubt I'll be saying, "gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Ese balon era La camera de Un dragon!" lol. I'll mess around with replay mode to brush up on my camera skills :p

6ULe9Pr.png

interesting! :)

Brashnir

Does the game have decent matchmaking? I'm getting ready to fire it up and would hate to be thrown in the deep end. What's the best way to learn the ropes, tutorial then online?

The matchmaking is great. You'll get mostly people in your general skill range whether you play ranked or unranked. I'm sometimes the best player in games I get matches into, and sometimes the worst, but it's never by a massive margin.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Is 3v3 ranked group play coming with the update? Seems like such a glaringly omitted feature. I'd take that before cars or stadiums.
To be honest I don't even like the idea of doubles ranked play with friends. I feel that friends play should be for unranked. It kinda puts people who play alone at a disadvantage compared to teams that can talk to each other effectively.

Markew001

Is 3v3 ranked group play coming with the update? Seems like such a glaringly omitted feature. I'd take that before cars or stadiums.

I also hope that that is coming soon!

To be honest I don't even like the idea of doubles ranked play with friends. I feel that friends play should be for unranked. It kinda puts people who play alone at a disadvantage compared to teams that can talk to each other effectively.

So have both options? There are plenty of people who don't play in parties, I don't think there'd be a problem finding games in either playlist.

Vire

3.99? Psyonix plz, I thought you were trying to be a profitable business... way too reasonable.

bought

Want to play Rocket League with other GAF members? Sign up for the RocketGAF PS4/Steam lists!

QUOTE THIS POST TO GET THE LINKS IN ORDER TO SIGN-UP
(They are hidden inside the post in email tags)

PSN ID List
Steam List

PS4 Users: Alternatively, you can add ROCKETLEAGUE-GAF to your friends lists, and then add its friends to your friends list! (Thanks OccamsLightsaber!)

Did a mistake or want to be removed from a list? PM me.

Registered for the Rocket League, I am up for one v one.

Salsa

dat air maneuvering doe. hitting to the opposite side of where you're moving is probably the most satisfactory type of hit

GaseousFlakyIncatern.gif

shout out to Garbage for backin up

Remember, Servers are kind of expensive.

Could we maybe pay to disable the ads? I think the arenas are too pretty for them.

Edit: Instead of posting again, here is one of my favorite highlights from my first 24 hours with Rocket League. The opposing team quit after I quickly scored a second goal.

KdYbkq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom