• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackHerer

If I uncap, will that make any saved files I have SUPER huge? In other words, are there any downsides to doing this?

What saved files? You mean like recordings? I assume those record at a constant bitrate independent of your framerate. I don't see how this could affect your actual save data for progression in any way. As far as I can tell there are no downsides. Been playing with it for a couple days.

Some people will prefer to keep it capped at 60 fps because a fluctuating framerate bothers them. I find it is not a problem at all as long as the minimum stays over say 80-90 fps. Just turn settings down until you are in the 90-100 range if you have to I guess. Obviously you will need a high Hz monitor.

Hasney

If I uncap, will that make any saved files I have SUPER huge? In other words, are there any downsides to doing this?

Replay files? Nah, they're saved as "this shit happened in this order" type of code rather than it being a video.

I heard that there's some weirdness in the camera during flying sometimes though
but I'm not good enough to confirm this

Juicy Bob

Ever had one of those rare games when everything just seems to go your way?

Like I had been blessed by the Rocket League gods for five glorious minutes.

killercow

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...id=626754507288895488&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

The Supersonic Fury DLC Pack includes two brand new Battle-Cars: the over-the-top American muscle car, Dominus, and the souped-up Japanese street racer, Takumi. Both of these vehicles offer six different Decals for Garage customisation (12 total) and are ONLY available for play in the DLC.

Besides the new Battle-Cars, the DLC Pack also includes two all-new Rocket Boosts (“Nitrous” and “Burnout”), two new Wheel sets (the soccer ball-themed “Cristiano” and the very-cool “Spinner” set), five all-new Paint Types (“Brushed Metal, Carbon Fiber, Metallic Pearl, Pearlescent,” and “Wood”), and a handful of new Trophies. This entire collection will be available in early August priced €3.99.

In addition to the Supersonic Fury DLC, we will also release a FREE game update that offers an assortment of new content, including our first new map, Utopia Coliseum, and more than 70 new country flags. The long-awaited “Spectator Mode” will be in there too, allowing viewers to watch live games in real-time from any angle in the arena. Spectator controls are very similar to that of our existing “Replay Viewer’s”, so start practicing now and get ready for the drop!

Pearlescent paint? Spinners? Im in.

FgSk7Er.jpg

Hood cam, probably just for the cinematic but cool.

Strangely, it really looks like the new map doesn't have walls lol.

I wonder if it's curved in a way that forces you towards the center of the map, but has boundaries for the ball

Or maybe the wall is completely invisible to fit the Coliseum theme

Wonder if the new decals will be available for other vehicles too. Im guessing yes.

New trophies too, yessssss!

Spectator mode is great. I hope they also patched the framerate. Id be so happy if they did

What they even have new music!!

I was hoping for more music for the game. So happy.

Facundo_Lopez

Neo Member
Wonder if the new decals will be available for other vehicles too. Im guessing yes.

New trophies too, yessssss!

Spectator mode is great. I hope they also patched the framerate. Id be so happy if they did

What they even have new music!!

I was hoping for more music for the game. So happy.

Framerate is the number one thing I'm expecting them to fix.

BShadowJ

Probably asked before ..but What's with the nameless players?

I think it's Steam players whose name bugged for some reason. It's weird, but not anything to worry about.

About the new song, I wonder if it will be available for purchase... Gotta keep that OST up to date! :p

Edit:
Both of these vehicles offer six different Decals for Garage customization (12 total) and are only available for play in the DLC.

I mean, just because it says it's only available on the DLC, doesn't necessarily mean you can't use it on the original cars... It just means you need to buy the DLC lol

Kal_El

So i downloaded this game back when it was first announced and never got around to playing it until yesterday. Hot damn it's fun. I rarely smile and laugh while playing games but I was having fun. Just played about 4 games of my season getting use to controls but I wonder if it can take out the hooks Destiny has in me. Great game.

mauaus

even if we dont like/want this DLC (and i DO LIKE IT) i hope we all buy it to support the devs, specially if you are playing on PS4

Hoo-doo

Banned
even if we dont like/want this DLC (and i DO LIKE IT) i hope we all buy it to support the devs, specially if you are playing on PS4

Absolutely. 3,99 is nothing compared to the fun i've alread had with this game.

Buying just to support Psyonix.

Unicorn

Everything about the DLC is amazing. Another 4$ to Psyonix. That song is also sly as fuck.

Game is free for PS4 owners until August 4th,too. Launch of DLC is only august though. I hope it's early August because in mid August I'll have no time to play :(

I really need more people to team up with. Im so sick of playing with randoms. Any east coast US folks feel free to add me on PSN. Same as GAF name.

Replay files? Nah, they're saved as "this shit happened in this order" type of code rather than it being a video.

I heard that there's some weirdness in the camera during flying sometimes though
but I'm not good enough to confirm this

Sorry, I meant through Shadowplay.

Unicorn

There's already some dude on Twitter bitching about this dlc for his free game, proclaiming this is an unfinished game because any post release content should be free, otherwise it means psyonix tried to hoodwink us with an unfinished product. Pick your battles, Wolf of walgreens. This is hardly a deserving target.

This is gonna land us more Rocket League in the long run and hopefully even better/more servers :D
Also, this. Servers ain't free and dlc is what's going to keep those running.

Putosaure

I thought DLC was supposed to be free ?

Well I don't mind paying that fee for DLC, but so close to launch and having already payed 20 *insert currency here*...

Well I don't mind paying that fee for DLC, but so close to launch and having already payed 20 *insert currency here*...

Not the cosmetic stuff (decals, cars, rims, etc.), which I believe was announced a while ago. The maps are free so they don't split the user base.

BShadowJ

They always clearly stated that every MAP will be free. Which it will be. Other DLC may or may not be free.

nicolajNN

Of course I'll buy the DLC, and the pearlescent paint looks sweet

I'm a little worried that they've been silent on cross-platform private games lately though, I fear it might've been pushed back

Of course I'll buy the DLC, and the pearlescent paint looks sweet

I'm a little worried that they've been silent on cross-platform private games lately though, I fear it might've been pushed back

It probably has been. They mention the new map and spectator mode, and I feel they would have mentioned cross platform parties here too

Yeay! Idle Thumbs crew is getting in to Rocket League. I was hoping they would play it. Such an amazing game. Loving their impressions already.

Putosaure

Mutombo

What do you guys think of Rocket League becoming a big e-sports game? I still don't see it on Twitch as a Top Channel, but it's way more fun watching good Rocket League then good hearthstone players IMO.

If they keep adding and tuning to Rocket league, I think it might grow a pretty long tail.

Unicorn

What do you guys think of Rocket League becoming a big e-sports game? I still don't see it on Twitch as a Top Channel, but it's way more fun watching good Rocket League then good hearthstone players IMO.

If they keep adding and tuning to Rocket league, I think it might grow a pretty long tail.
As long as they keep updating it in the structure of other esports like Dota and LoL, with updates to features and not shoot for a sequel, then I see it gaining traction as they add things like actual leagues and seasons and other features as time progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom