• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markew001

What do you guys think of Rocket League becoming a big e-sports game? I still don't see it on Twitch as a Top Channel, but it's way more fun watching good Rocket League then good hearthstone players IMO.

If they keep adding and tuning to Rocket league, I think it might grow a pretty long tail.

It seems like Rocket League has consistently been in the top 10 in terms of viewers.

Eric, make my dreams come true and tell me some good news about x-plat private games. I beg of you.

(I'll be buying the DLC on both platforms day 1 either way, lol)

Unicorn

Watched the trailer 3 times. Dominus confirmed main. I'm gonna miss using my Hot Rod witch car, but alas.
Speaking of that, we need more options for saving customizations like loadouts, different cosmetics for each team, or even different chassis for teams. Figure something out, yall and don't make me decide!

ErichWK

Eric, make my dreams come true and tell me some good news about x-plat private games. I beg of you.

Don't ask me to make dreams come true. If you talk to my ex the only thing I do is crush them. Also it's Erich. Don't confuse me with Eric. I am far more handsome. <3

BShadowJ

It's not that bad in game. They have already been tweaked.

What do you mean the trails have been tweaked? I thought this game was pay2win man... ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Also this. I wanna know when is mah next tournament ;(

Dr Prob

Banned
Quick Kotaku article lightly touching on something that seems to come up every once in a while in Rocket League threads. Someone will ask a question along the lines of "will RL help non-soccer fans to appreciate the sport?" And generally speaking, of course it won't and the responses bear that out -- it's a whole complicated thing. But the fact that the spine of the game is basically the good parts of soccer (no diving, CONCACAF bullshit etc. here) I think is really the key. Like, it's rocket-powered cars and shit, but it also captures the essence of that kind of sport really well. We're all quick to share flashy goals and saves because they're fucking awesome but even more satisfying (imo) is seeing how a certain chain of events is going to unfold and then putting your friend/random teammate in a position to succeed. Game actually feels like playing a sport, something most mainline sports games don't really capture and it's great.

Few more days until I can Rocket League again. Reading articles and shit - last night I actually logged in to twitch. This game.

It's not that bad in game. They have already been tweaked.

Awesome! Can we get some news on patch notes?

...Can I please ask if there were any patches towards framerate on PS4?

It's tense!

It's a test of technical ability, boost management, and accurate / precise risk taking. You whiff and you're dead.

I agree. 1v1 brings out the technical best in gameplay. What I love most is boost management. In other modes, boost doesn't take a priority all the time. You always have a teammate who may have boost.

In 1v1, boost management and map control is important. Things like juggling/dribbling also seems more important too.

Solo, Doubles, and Standard all change the game significantly while maintaining competitive gameplay in all three. It's so wonderful

BShadowJ

Messi

That feeling when the ball is going in and a team mate hits it wide trying to score for themselves...

Just because you can hit the ball doesn't mean you should hit the ball.

Fuck.

Hoodbury

That feeling when the ball is going in and a team mate hits it wide trying to score for themselves...

Fuck.

Everyone knows that feeling all too well I'm guessing.

But on the other side I once was going to let it roll in and not steal the goal and at the last splitest of split seconds some one on the other team blasted in from out of no where and saved it. If I would have been a goal stealer we would have gotten the score and won the game.

Interfectum

Will the people who don't buy the DLC be able to see the new cars and effects? I'm guessing the graphics will be autoloaded to everyone with the update?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just had a game where the overtime buzzer sounded just when our opponents basically would have scored. Like a millisecond longer and they would have won. Then we won the game in overtime! So good.

BShadowJ

Will the people who don't buy the DLC be able to see the new cars and effects? I'm guessing the graphics will be autoloaded to everyone with the update?

Seeing the game is big on showing of your customization, I think this the most likely option, that we'll get everything with the update and then we'll buy an unlock key for the supersonic fury stuff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No NA price given it seems?

Also, I wonder if they took my suggestion of theming goal explosions off of the scorer's chosen rocket trails.

Yudoken

3V6kSs8.gif

Fuck.

Just think of it as a team effort. I've given up being mad at people stealing my goals longggg ago. As long as they don't mess it up, i'm completely fine. It normally lowers the chance of it being blocked by the other team.

Messi

Just think of it as a team effort. I've given up being mad at people stealing my goals longggg ago. As long as they don't mess it up, i'm completely fine. It normally lowers the chance of it being blocked by the other team.

If they score then more power to them. It's the ones who fuck it up.

DBT85

Played someone really negative in 1v1. Almost always stayed back for kickoff so he got some easy scores off the bat. Managed to score 2 in the last 15 seconds to level it at 5-5 but lost in overtime.

Boo this lol.

hao chi

Still loving this game, but there's three things I think could be improved:

-Starting with the most important one: it seems like matches start too quickly, because a good portion of the time I haven't even spawned on the map yet before the match starts. It's also annoying not knowing if I need to be holding down boost for when I do spawn or hang back to play goal because I have no idea which position the game is going to throw me into. Allowing the game more time to sync up everybody would likely help (not that I know anything about programming, so I could be wrong).

-Adding a sound that notifies you when someone has joined your party would be a great addition. I hate when I'm browsing the internet while waiting for someone to finish a match and join, then I look up and see they're in my party and I'm just like, "Fuuuuuuck, how long have you been there?"

-One of my friends brought this up last night, but it'd be cool if when you're in a party, your teammates' cars appeared next to yours. Also, if they explode into existence next to yours (like what happens when a player/bot leaves the game, but in reverse), that could also solve the last issue I brought up. I don't know how hard this one would be though, especially with players being able to customize their car at the main menu.

I forget where I heard this idea mentioned - Bombcast, maybe? - but I love the idea of unlimited boost in the few moments after a goal is scored. I'm always doing stupid crap like trying to slide into the goal and spin around upside down to show up on the replay.

Clydefrog

What do you guys think of Rocket League becoming a big e-sports game? I still don't see it on Twitch as a Top Channel, but it's way more fun watching good Rocket League then good hearthstone players IMO.

If they keep adding and tuning to Rocket league, I think it might grow a pretty long tail.

If it does, the match commentators need to be the Mexican soccer commentators. Or Ray Hudson.

AcridMeat

Banned
The pearlescent paint looks so good. I'm still going to make a fury road inspired car with the muscle one, but I'll probably swap to that regularly. Release date is still August, any more specific time frame?

hydruxo

$3.99 for the DLC? Nice. Would've paid like $10 tbh, Psyonix deserves it.

I imagine every match is going to be filled with muscle cars once the DLC drops haha. I know I'll be switching from Breakout to Dominus for sure.

Drewfonse

Does the game have decent matchmaking? I'm getting ready to fire it up and would hate to be thrown in the deep end. What's the best way to learn the ropes, tutorial then online?

IMACOMPUTA

Does the game have decent matchmaking? I'm getting ready to fire it up and would hate to be thrown in the deep end. What's the best way to learn the ropes, tutorial then online?

You could join a 3v3 where your failings wont mean insta-lose for the team. I thought it was pretty easy to jump in.

Ferrio

Banned

Play beginner and advanced tutorial. Then play atleast the first difficulty of the other tutorials. Then just hop online and play, practice makes perfect. Remember you don't always have to go for the ball, probably one of the first steps to not sucking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom