• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
when do you guys think the xbone port will be announced? and will it come to any other platform?

Xbox isnt guaranteed.

I was reading forum posts by devs before Rocket League blew up and they had OSX version running on alpha. Licensing issues halted a release.

They also mentioned PS3 as a port before Xbox and I was even reading some critical comments they made about releasing on Xbox. Mind you this was in 2013, so things may have changed

Xbox seems like it would have the most sales, but what about releasing on PS3/OSX and guaranteeing and even bigger, unified player pool?

Xbox isnt guaranteed.

I was reading forum posts by devs before Rocket League blew up and they had OSX version running on alpha. Licensing issues halted a release.

They also mentioned PS3 as a port before Xbox and I was even reading some critical comments they made about releasing on Xbox. Mind you this was in 2013, so things may have changed

Xbox seems like it would have the most sales, but what about releasing on PS3/OSX and guaranteeing and even bigger, unified player pool?

Dev interview from this week.

"The number one reason it's on PS4 and PC was we didn't have enough people and we wanted to focus on these two because they were like working on 1/12 platforms."

"It will 100% come to other platforms"

They also spoke about how pleased they are with the PC sales. The game was at number one for 19 days and they have a very positive outlook for their PC players and work how to make each individual audience happy but it's all in planning at this point.

"The number one reason it's on PS4 and PC was we didn't have enough people and we wanted to focus on these two because they were like working on 1/12 platforms."

They also spoke about how pleased they are with the PC sales. The game was at number one for 19 days and they have a very positive outlook for their PC players and work how to make each individual audience happy but it's all in planning at this point.
he didn't say Ps4 is gonna remain the only console to play it on, but that the xbox platform isn't a guarantee.

They also said custom air horns(when you score) are something a lot of people want and they know this.

The next DLC is also being worked on and they want to the the cadence of one free DLC map alongside Paid DLC content.

New upcoming patch has been locked in but the one after may add some new stuff like forfeit option and other stuff they can't talk about yet.

Just checked Steam RL is number one again ahead of Ark and Phantom Pain.

he didn't say Ps4 is gonna remain the only console to play it on, but that the xbox platform isn't a guarantee.
Well yeah but it seems like the next logical platform to make money on now that they have the resources to do it.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Always want to play with more GAF Steam players ! Add me: shibafan :)

Probably will play a bit later today.

I'd also love to see Season modes and team support move online.

Pick a logo(make a bunch more and some as DLC) choose your primary and secondary color and add people to the team roster. Play either in ranked or whatever season/tournament mode possible.

Some of these paint jobs are too damn sexy to never be seen online. The fact that the ball trail and stadiums light up with your colors dynamically makes it even better.

D44BCB5CA0CC67E5E38BB5943959C3D6DED225EF

Roussow

Any tips for team positions/roles?

Me and my mates do really well on our own (matched with randoms), but when we come together it's all over the place.

Any of you lads play positions? Outside of just having a goalie, of course.

Unicorn

Me and my mates do really well on our own (matched with randoms), but when we come together it's all over the place.

I try to pop the ball out of corners for teammates to then get center shots in. More often than not, they are right behind me smacking me out of the way to grind the ball in the corner even longer.

AcridMeat

Banned
I saw someone talking about this being a GOTY candidate earlier in the thread and I thought it was a little silly, but yeah I could see it being a contender for me. If nothing else It's far and away the most fun game I've played all year.
The most fun I have all year is what wins GOTY for me. This is by far the most pure fun I've had in years. Probably since the first Monday Night Combat, which I think I mentioned in this thread early on.
I'd be down with some new ball designs.
I like this idea too. Holiday themed ones or something.

Pick a logo(make a bunch more and some as DLC) choose your primary and secondary color and add people to the team roster. Play either in ranked or whatever season/tournament mode possible.

Some of these paint jobs are too damn sexy to never be seen online. The fact that the ball trail and stadiums light up with your colors dynamically makes it even better.
Was this not talked about from the start? I thought they had it on the docket to add in? I'm going to be bummed if they don't, they already have it all set up in seasons, I thought that was the entire reason they didn't have 3v3 ranked teams in from the start. :(

For me, it depends on who I'm playing with. I know people who will go for the ball no matter where it is, so I tend to stay back unless I'm in a good position already to get a solid hit in. Others like to stay back and know I like to/can set up balls in the front for people and generally do a good job of pressuring the net with shots and winning balls out of our zone. Also, in terms of people who go for aerials, setting up behind them to cover if they are beaten to it or miss or don't hit it quite right.

Basically, it's situational, just like basic rotations. Be mindful of where the ball is, notice who on the opposing team is going for it and be prepped for if they hit the ball instead of your teammate. Also, maybe even more important, note how the ball is going to deflect if they both hit it, you'll get a nice jump on the ball a lot of the time that way.

dzelly

Just added my name to the PSN list! I'm looking for regulars to play with in the evening, Looking forward to it my fellow GAFFERS.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah, guess so -- I'd be curious to see people at higher levels and see if they actually have dedicated roles.
I think it'd just be covering people, and moving up with the ball when you know a teammate is going to set something up. There's nothing more satisfying than the perfect bank off the side wall straight to a cutting teammate for the smash in.

Apart from that time today when I set up pepiope with a kick back directly up for him to perfectly aerial straight in. That was awesome.

edit: Gonna stream my solo 3v3s, still need to get to 1000!

Daunt

Neo Member
Just bought this a couple of days ago, what an awesome game.

Unlocked the frame rate cap too. 144hz on Rocket League is dope.

Yeah that's what I was getting it. I hope they read this thread.

I'm also wondering when the pre season ends. And what seasons will actually mean for ranked matches.

Via reddit. true or false?
Stop sending everyone in! In fact, send one guy in. Yes, even in 3v3 and 4v4.
9/10 times, the ball is going to deflect in the direction of the white arrows on the graphic. What this means is that the bottom right player is going to get a free shot on goal or at least a really good center.
Sending 2+ cars in to the kick off does nothing but put your team at a disadvantage. Send the other side player back for boost (I prefer the backflip to boost, then drive straight to field approach) and he will be in great shape.

It could be true if everyone who charges in does so at the same time and the servers registers them at the same time.

The reality though is that anything can happen. Sometimes it goes to a corner, sometimes it stalls in the middle, sometimes it launches sideways at midfield. There's too many variables in player reaction, angle, and latency to say it will *always* go anywhere.

One guy (on my team) in the game I was just in tried doing that.

The ball rocketed past him, perhaps because he wasn't expecting it to come that fast.

It ricocheted high off the wall and the other team scored because they had two guys in the air crush it in.

So it can work at times, but you'd better have a fucking contingency plan if you're the guy who does it and you don't hit the ball.

AcridMeat

Banned
I get the mentality here, but as someone mentioned it depends on all 3 people arriving at the same time. I feel much safer when it's 4 people converging because the momentum of the hit is much much less so it's easier to get in position after.

Finished streaming. Got up to 956 (from 857 or so) but lost final game/had someone quit so right now 949. Can definitely get there, but every single game I had one decent teammate and one guy dragging their knuckles. Still a lot of lag even though the there's ~70k on.

Kind of crazy I was only getting 8-10 points per win, only lost twice in about 2 hours. It's a grind man.

Huggers

Guys please I need help.

I've tried starting the game, but what happens is the game crashes; all I see is the developer logo Pysonix and it boots me out of the application and an error code, CE-34878-0, comes up.

Since I'm a junior, I can't really make a thread about it, but it seems it isn't just affecting me.

If someone could make a thread about it, or suggest something to fix it, that would be very appreciated!

Same here. Someone help! I was super addicted and now I can't play

If they kickstat rother platforms I would join in and back them up for Wii U and XBone :)
Just saying

the game looks fun and is another point for me to get a PS4...but until now i resisted...

Played against mik3rules yesterday in a 2v2. The guy is now 14th or something on the leaderboards. He and his teammate slaughtered me and a friend 0-11... just as I was thinking that I improved a lot over the last two days.

The control these guys had over the game and aerials was insane. Have never seen something like it in a live game. Half the time I was just flabbergasted by what happened and therefor too late for next action. It was already really late for us. Should we have come accross them earlier on, I'm sure we would have performed at least somewhat better.

I also managed to get outside of the playing field by somehow going through the side of the goal, a bit annoying as I had to wait for a goal to respawn.

I also managed to get outside of the playing field by somehow going through the side of the goal, a bit annoying as I had to wait for a goal to respawn.

I had a strange glitch the other day. I got rammed into the wall by an opponent and landed perfectly on my left side with my rims touching the ground. I kept getting the "press x to flip your car" prompt but it didn't work. I had to wait for the other team to score a goal and the respawn fixed it. Really weird.

Grinchy

Banned
Played against mik3rules yesterday in a 2v2. The guy is now 14th or something on the leaderboards. He and his teammate slaughtered me and a friend 0-11... just as I was thinking that I improved a lot over the last two days.

The control these guys had over the game and aerials was insane. Have never seen something like it in a live game. Half the time I was just flabbergasted by what happened and therefor too late for next action. It was already really late for us. Should we have come accross them earlier on, I'm sure we would have performed at least somewhat better.

I feel like every time I go up against top 20 players, I hold my own for the first few minutes and then it all comes crumbling down after that.

I really think a season mode with teams and some kind of leaderboard would be a fantastic expansion to have.

I know you guys are/wanted to add tournaments, but it'd be cool if I could level up a club/team. I definitely agree with it being a total waste not to have the amazing colour schemes past orange vs. blue. I just love the personality something simple like online colours can bring.

Personally, I hope your biggest focuses are:

-Online Clubs and Leaderboards

-More stat tracking (post-game rewards) + detailed ranked stat tracking (Separate win %, Goals per average, averages over last 10 ranked games), team ratings (emphasis on team leaderboards/ranking)

-Unique unlocks (team exclusive logos/colours, hats, paint jobs)

-Presentation: Winner podium, showing off the vehicles of the winners + unique stat (Player X: 1000 saves, Player Y: 10 Win Streak)

IMO, stat tracking for clubs would really liven up the competitive edge, and having our career highlights presented in the game itself would make players and games feel more special and personal.

Then, make a physical GOTY edition, and sell physical copies for like $30, and get Sony to bundle a Rocket League Edition PS4 :D

Thank god! I can't wait for it to come to Xbox One. I will totally buy it Day One.

Zoibie

Has there been an update to the game on PS4 recently? I can rarely get through a game anymore without it hard locking and throwing me back to the PS4 main menu. A couple of people on reddit have apparently been having the same issue...

Grinchy

Banned
lol I decided to play some 1v1 on my PC account since I hadn't done any there yet and I made 8 people in a row forfeit

No, the worst people are those who sit in goal the entire game, instead of being there for a centered ball, and manage to miss every single save. They're literally good for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom