• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
No, the worst people are those who sit in goal the entire game, instead of being there for a centered ball, and manage to miss every single save. They're literally good for nothing.
I can forgive people not that good at the game or people who make mistakes. I cannot forgive someone being a dick.

No, the worst people are those who sit in goal the entire game, instead of being there for a centered ball, and manage to miss every single save. They're literally good for nothing.

Lol I always find this funny. Of course the goalie probably tried but when you miss an easy save especially after you've just been sitting there the opponents are probably just like "Lol."

I think always chasing the ball is a better tactic. but then again sometimes there is that one guy in the goal that blocks your shot and you're just like :|

Haunted

Via reddit. true or false?
True, but you need to rely on the one guy actually hitting the ball. Too many times I've seen people completely whiff at the start (for a myriad of reasons) and then it's obviously super dangerous.

Safer to send two people for the ball with one staying back.

I'm looking forward to the Team 3v3 ranked coming soon. Solo 3v3 is rough.

2-2 in OT. In this case I'm clearly going to center the ball but, for some reason, my teammates just continually follow me into the corner (I brought the ball all the way down). Then they simultaneously begin to drive at the ball/wall, for no reason, and get themselves out of position to both miss the easy put in. The ball immediately goes the other way and we lose in OT. This is around 650 ranked, so it's not like randos haven't had time to learn to be smarter about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufm2XATeD_0

Ted

I can forgive people not that good at the game or people who make mistakes. I cannot forgive someone being a dick.

Well said friend. :)

I am of the aforementioned not very good clan and have essentially stopped playing this game online (excluding friends obviously) because I'm bored of being moaned at, pushed out of the way or simply told to just quit by people who could just as easily give out some advise or some helpful positional instruction.

Oh well. Life goes on.

I'm looking forward to the Team 3v3 ranked coming soon. Solo 3v3 is rough.

2-2 in OT. In this case I'm clearly going to center the ball but, for some reason, my teammates just continually follow me into the corner (I brought the ball all the way down). Then they simultaneously begin to drive at the ball/wall, for no reason, and get themselves out of position to both miss the easy put in. The ball immediately goes the other way and we lose in OT. This is around 650 ranked, so it's not like randos haven't had time to learn to be smarter about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufm2XATeD_0

There's a vocal group that is against ending Solo 3v3, including Gibbos (who plays with Kronovi)

People reason that Solo was the one place people could play without being stomped by teams.

I'm okay with ridding 3v3 Solo for two reasons:

-Playing ranked with randoms doesn't make sense to me as a ranked mode, since you're subjecting your rating to playing with people who may just not take the game seriously (how important is your rank when you play against randoms, most of whom don't use teamwork?)

-The Solo 3v3 is the least popular, and including it beside 3v3 Team mode would fracture the playlist--especially since single players would probably just as well queue for Team Ranked in order to get on the same team with a 2 player team

It seems to be a minority, but a vocal one who want to both play a competitive mode, yet don't want to play against teams.

Their counterargument is that they'd rather wait longer matchmaking times than play against teams, which I guess is reasonable.

I'd rather that Psyonix keep one playlist for 3v3 Ranked, and try to just match solo players with solo players or teams of 2 against another team of 2, with a solo player on each side. If the matchmaking worked like that, they could reduce the instances where solo players face off against a full team, or maybe they could add some kind of skill rating multiplier for parties, so that they have some kind of +100 boost that allows them to matchmake against solo players who are more skilled as individuals...maybe that could balance out the solo vs party problem

Personally, I think playing ranked solo makes no sense, since if you want to be competitive, you would think you'd play with a party and not randoms. Non-ranked can be just as competitive, provided the game matches you with players of similar skill

Boglin

Some other people quit if you are too good and tell you to quit if you are struggling. These people must expect everyone to be exactly the same skill level and think you're the dick if you don't meet their criteria.

Karu

Personally, I think playing ranked solo makes no sense, since if you want to be competitive, you would think you'd play with a party and not randoms. Non-ranked can be just as competitive, provided the game matches you with players of similar skill
I don't want to play against bots. I fucking hate quitters and that the penalty isn't in non-ranked is a huge problem for me.

post about 3v3 solo vs 3v3 team

Personally, I want to play a Ranked mode of 3v3 and don't care about having a premade team or facing one. I don't find 1v1 or 2v2 modes as fun and I don't want to play non-ranked as I want a metric to show my progress in improving my play.

Removing 3v3 solo and replacing it with 3v3 team just means I have to find two other people to play with just to play the intended game size with a rating. I'll end up playing a lot less as a result since I don't have a dedicated squad to queue with.

Hasney

Personally, I want to play a Ranked mode of 3v3 and don't care about having a premade team or facing one. I don't find 1v1 or 2v2 modes as fun and I don't want to play non-ranked as I want a metric to show my progress in improving my play.

Removing 3v3 solo and replacing it with 3v3 team just means I have to find two other people to play with just to play the intended game size with a rating. I'll end up playing a lot less as a result since I don't have a dedicated squad to queue with.

Yeah, same with me. I did enjoy doubles, but once I got to all-star, it became no fun unless I had someone with equal talent partied up with me because no matter how good you and your teammate is, you're no match for evenly matched players who are in a party and finding it easy to communicate. Which is why I switched to playing 3v3 and now that's going to be the same again.

Salsa

played splitscreen online with a bud for the first time yesterday

like this one cause I think if I didnt touch it Taco could have gone for the save there

CERNyxZ.gif

also always enjoy these double-touch types of goals

DfhxwUs.gif

Carm

Can anyone recommend a cheap usb Bluetooth dongle I can use for a DS4 on the pc? Looking for something simple that just works, I would only be using the DS4 controller for games that natively supports it, don't like dealing with 3rd party setup programs. Using it now with usb cable but I have so many cables coming out already, I'd like to cut it down at least for this.

Zacagawea

Just rage quit this by deleting it. In my past 5 ranked doubles games my partners have left. 3 of those were when we were winning. WHY? The last game featured a semi-pro guy with 90 points spamming "lol" when his partner with 850 points did something.
...Reinstalling it now...

Soulflarz

Banned
Finally trying ranked 1v1

ORZ

someone just forfeited on me at 30s left
WHY

And someones lag switching to make the game not effectively run since I'm up hoping he can score?
fml, is taken 5m to go from 1:55 to 1:30
Or hes just lagging like crazy. Or the server is RIP. Dunno how RL works re:lag

Jenotron

Banned
I haven't had a lag free game in a couple of days now. I play 3 or 4 matches and end up turning it off through frustration. It makes no differences if its morning, afternoon or nighttime. The servers are worse for me now than it was at launch. I'd rather not be allowed to join.

I doubt if I would have continued playing and just gave up if it was like this from the start.

Opto

Banned
I can't get used to this game's physics. Too floaty.

And then there's when your AI dribbles the ball into your own goal.

Salsa

yeah the 15 min ban sure is nice for quitters but it's the second time I get disconnected cause of that triangle connection issues server thingie and I get banned too

bothersome

Spent some time cutting up my replays and put together a little montage video with music. Tried to capture the unpredictability of play, the sheer awesomeness of an aerial shot or save, just how close some saves can get and overall ball control and teamwork.

Hope you enjoy! Let me know how to improve these as I have like 60GB worth of videos I can cut up. All the footage is captured via Replays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih8pznQ6i38

yeah the 15 min ban sure is nice for quitters but it's the second time I get disconnected cause of that triangle connection issues server thingie and I get banned too

bothersome

The 15 min ban sounded like a very last minute addition to get in for the patch

I imagine they will have something that terminates a laggy game without punishment

FootballFan

I guess I should start towards my plat now. ANY TIPS?

Got the plat a while ago, really easy.

- Finish a season and win it
- do each of the practice drills/trainings on their easiest difficulty
- get a win with each car/body
- the rest you unlock by just playing the game - well, I'd say so at least.

Soulflarz

Banned
Got the plat a while ago, really easy.

- Finish a season and win it
- do each of the practice drills/trainings on their easiest difficulty
- get a win with each car/body
- the rest you unlock by just playing the game - well, I'd say so at least.

Got it. I mean, only playing for a bit tonight, figured I'd try.

Also, for college, Hasney, you have this game on PC, or do I never get to play you guys again :V

After trying season mode, I am very saddened at our lighting choices for the multiplayer. That neon purple looks so good on the field...

Nose Master

Is it normal to have to reset the application to get in a match? I always time out on search after exiting to main menu (after a full game) and don't get shit til I restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom