• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
After two hours my download was halfway done so I paused the update file and it shot to 1.3 out of 1.45 gigs. Now its going .01mb every 10 seconds. ARGH

nicolajNN

Can you enlighten us oh wise one? Server maintenance is unfortunately a common thing on launch day for games but hasn't RL been offline for around 12 hours? How the heck are you not prepared for the stress when you've made an agreement with Sony to become a subsidized plus game and will obviously have a large amount of traffic? I could understand if this was an unexpected surprise but it's not...

I'm not that bummed out about it but your flippant response to the other poster was annoying.
One of the devs actually explained a few pages back that it's not just a high traffic thing and them being surprised all the people playing.
OK, thanks. So it's pretty much an either/or thing. If you want to boost up into the air to hit a high ball you cannot also give it an extra whack with X.
For very high balls you won't be able to get the extra push. For ball that are around the height of the goal(possibly a bit higher) you should be able to.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
One of the devs actually explained a few pages back that it's not just a high traffic thing and them being surprised all the people playing.

For very high balls you won't be able to get the extra push. For ball that are around the height of the goal(possibly a bit higher) you should be able to.

I don't really get why they've done it that way though. Why should the second jump/dodge be on a timeout? Why not always let me do that as long as I've only pressed X once?

Werd

Since there is no extra account I can't imagine there is any support for playing across ps4 and PC with the same unlocks/eventual DLC. Seeing how it runs Id definitely want to switch to Steam when it gets cheaper.

Though if its just cosmetics not a huge deal thankfully.

Played through the tutorials and a few AI matches and enjoyed it though, just waiting on servers now.

Good Game, Loving it, I like the concept, and what I like most is you can't nit pick about physics or player models it is its own little world. Learning curve is there and I have to get my camera skills up.

Thanks, but that's not what I'm talking about. I know how dodging works, just not combined with flying (boosting while in the air). EDIT: Maybe that's what you're talking about too though!

OK, thanks. So it's pretty much an either/or thing. If you want to boost up into the air to hit a high ball you cannot also give it an extra whack with X.

Shooting with it is tricky (but can look awesome) but imo it really excels when you're clearing a ball. Boost, dodge at the end and hit the ball with your tail on the way forward. It'll loop high and clear your back line.

It's also good if you want to get the ball to the side. You can aerial alongside the ball and then flip sideways at the last second. This allows you to clear/pass/set to the ball at an angle you weren't able to before.

Of course, it can still be awesome for shooting.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Good Game, Loving it, I like the concept, and what I like most is you can't nit pick about physics or player models it is its own little world. Learning curve is there and I have to get my camera skills up.

Yeah, I'm not too great with the camera yet either. I generally prefer the ball cam, except when the ball goes so high I can't see my car anymore. Makes it difficult to do anything worthwhile. Gotta learn to switch cameras on the fly I suppose.

BShadowJ

Oh well, still hoped I could play an online game today. Hopefully tomorrow by the time I wake up the server issues are fixed!

Vire

Just played a bit against the AI since I couldn't get into a match.... 10-1 on Pro difficulty. Haven't lost it since Beta. :p

I remember performance being better in the beta though? Or maybe it's just some maps perform better than others. I'm not sure.

pretty cool so far (aside from no online) but holy fuck the soundtrack is awful. the music itself is awful of course but not only that... it totally doesn't go with this type of game. oh well!

neoism

really fun game... so when are the servers going up... cant play online yet :? :/
I signed up on the gaf psn list friend me pls.

nikos

This is so much fun so far. Really enjoying it.

Are the car mods only cosmetic, or do any of them affect performance? Do larger bodies have a larger hitbox?

Grinchy

Banned
That's a bit of a shame to hear that the framerate doesn't stay locked at 60. A few hours with the PC version last night is going to make it hard to see framerate drops. It's so silky smooth.

Past

I've been stuck in the flying portion for 15 minutes. I jump then hold O like it says, but then my car stay in the air for like 2 seconds and then just drop down?

M.W.

I've been stuck in the flying portion for 15 minutes. I jump then hold O like it says, but then my car stay in the air for like 2 seconds and then just drop down?

Jump, hit O and tilt your car upward. It takes practice but it will click.

Fbh

Just played for a while.

Seems like a lot of fun but I'm definitely going to have to put some hours in it to even be decent. I need to get used to the timing, I'm constantly missig the ball (both when i want to shoot and when I want to defend) lol

That's a bit of a shame to hear that the framerate doesn't stay locked at 60. A few hours with the PC version last night is going to make it hard to see framerate drops. It's so silky smooth.

I'm never gonna play competitively on PS4. I think it's my TV but it isn't pretty compared to my PC.

Flunkie

Banned
Yup. I will want to play primarily on PS4 due to friends but it is hard knowing that the PC version offers such a better experience.

valeo

I have played one Rookie game as practice and now think I am a god at this game.

I am assuming I will get a rude awakening when playing online.

My UT CarBall skills coming into play :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom