• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

Is there any confirmed method to get online split screen to work when only one person has ps+? I've never been able to get it to work and it's super annoying.

i've only been able to get it to work by using a ds3 as a second controller while remote playing on a pstv

Is there a daily limit on Halloween items? I got the Fuzzy Brute antenna (dig it), Carriage Wheels (meh) and Candy Corn trail (possibly epic?) in like first 4-5 matches when we hit the 18th but its been nada since. I want the Pumpkin topper and other two!

I really love this thing. I forgot all about it and was like I won new stuff!?!? I hope they do it for Thanksgiving, and Xmas and every other holiday (St. Paddy's Day Shamrock antenna and beer mug topper!)

Makeda

Does anybody have this glitch where you can't select anything on the menu after you play a match online and have to wait for the timer to run out? I'm on PS4.

This happened to me earlier today-first time too.
I put it down to the game being put into the background upon ending (went to check messages) then resumed.

Has this been the case with you as well?

On another note:

I played Rocket League a lot prior to the ranking mode being released but dropped off considerably a little while before the rank mode went live.
I'm currently slowly working my way through the lower levels at the moment but can't seem to string more than 2-3 wins together at once :(

J. Bravo

Is there any confirmed method to get online split screen to work when only one person has ps+? I've never been able to get it to work and it's super annoying.
They need at least a psn account. Then they can play for free for a bit before needing to activate a free two day trial of ps+.

Is halloween update on PS4 live? Played couple matches and didn't unlock anything.

Yes (I'm on PS4). Got 3 items in first 4-5 matches but it took like 20 matches to get 4th and then was done for the night. From what I can tell it *might* be online only matches (?) to get the unlocks as never got any playing AI (recent post got me hooked on playing unfair bots) BUT there could me no correlation and just happened to get unlocks during the online games.

DrkSage

o9f9Mh3.png

Ooh I want that one!

All I have right now is the carriage wheels, calavera antenna and pumpkin topper.

Matush

Yes (I'm on PS4). Got 3 items in first 4-5 matches but it took like 20 matches to get 4th and then was done for the night. From what I can tell it *might* be online only matches (?) to get the unlocks as never got any playing AI (recent post got me hooked on playing unfair bots) BUT there could me no correlation and just happened to get unlocks during the online games.
Yeah, its up, got 2 items in around 15 matches.

ChrisDM

I apologize if this is a well known issue, but I am having a hard time finding anyone posting about it through searches on Google, etc. Maybe it's just the way I was wording the searches.

Way too often, when a match ends (I mostly play 1v1 unranked) and I am sent to the post-game menu, my ability to select any of the options disappears. I've had to reboot my game 3 or 4 times tonight because of this. It has been happening quite commonly since the last update. Anyone else having this issue? PS4 by the way.

EDIT: Found a similar issue and Psyonix dev says they will implement a fix in upcoming patch as of 3 days ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3owob6/odd_post_game_menu_bug/

Another one: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3p82wv/ps4_lobby_bug_no_control/

Some folks play better without teammates.

Just ask our resident superstar cr_blah_blah whose legendary tales of "insane aerials" and "awe inspiring saves" all seem to happen when no one else is around. WOW WHAT A SAVE NICE SHOT NO PROBLEM

You've witnessed the saves! I have video proof of being aerialstotle. You guys stifle my creativity with your negativity. Just wait until my highlight mixtape drops.

Some folks play better without teammates.

Just ask our resident superstar cr_blah_blah whose legendary tales of "insane aerials" and "awe inspiring saves" all seem to happen when no one else is around. WOW WHAT A SAVE NICE SHOT NO PROBLEM
even when they're outnumbered?

i'm by no means an expert at this game, and if you watched any part of that video you could see I got lucky a lot

or those guys were having an off game

Unicorn

Anyone else getting repeating/echoing audio. I think it may be the source of crackling audio for me when playing on my Surface Pro 2. I turned it up some more today to hear the spooky candy corn trail, but I also noticed flipping audio echoing and crackling.

Scoobert

For those not getting drops, check your garage. It's not telling me I received an item but when I checked my garage they were all there.

From my experience in solo standard, I'm willing to commit to the idea that PC players are vastly more skilled than PS4 players. I'm always hoping my team is only PC players, even if we're playing nothing but PC guys. My time with fellow PS4 players ranges from awful to incredibly mediocre with the occasional outlier.

The_Poet

Banned
From my experience in solo standard, I'm willing to commit to the idea that PC players are vastly more skilled than PS4 players. I'm always hoping my team is only PC players, even if we're playing nothing but PC guys. My time with fellow PS4 players ranges from awful to incredibly mediocre with the occasional outlier.

I said the same thing about 20 pages ago, got met with "lol perception bias" and other excuses. But I've seen more and more people say the same thing lately.

Luckily as a PC player I can turn off cross play and only match with other PC players

Getting really sick of "<name> please leave" when I am apparently "missing clears" and "fucking up shots" when I've literally won every 3s until I played with him and his party. So uh, okay bud.

Community sucks sometimes.

Played it for the first time today. There really seem to be a lot of idiots online who just ram themselves into the ball nonstop with no account of where they are gonna knock it.

Played it for the first time today. There really seem to be a lot of idiots online who just ram themselves into the ball nonstop with no account of where they are gonna knock it.

After a while once you've ranked up and start playing a bit better, you'll be matched with players who don't do that as much.

Ran rp

every time i start the game up after a long or short break it throws me into a match with rookies or semi-pros and i have to back up and search again for it to pair me with vets and up. other than the inconsistent framerate that's probably my biggest issue with the game. wish i could filter out lower level players when searching for a match.

Salsa

I just now realized that forfeiting makes you lose less points??

thats bull. I never forfeited before. figured trying till the last minute was the most rewarded honorable choice

GeeTeeCee

Is there a trick to levelling up quickly that I'm missing? I've been crawling slowly through the Pro levels for what feels like months, yet I keep losing points in ranked mode because I'm being teamed up with Veterans and Experts who behave like some of the worst players I've ever encountered.

thats bull. I never forfeited before. figured trying till the last minute was the most rewarded honorable choice

I don't think it does. If someone abandons before the match ends it definitely does, but in my experience of forfeiting, the points loss are always between 8-10, the usual.

PSY&#12539;S;182217495 said:
also fuck teammates who try to be a goalie for the other team

what the fuck are you doing

I just had a match where I did a pop shot middle of the field over a guy, got chipped, and landed directly facing my teammate shooting an aerial of a wide open net perfectly timed to block the shot as I had no time to move. He was furious the rest of the game at me. Even took the time to call me Benedict. It sucks when it happens and sometimes it really is as clear as wtf but others it's an accident and I'm sorry. You can usually tell by their reaction if they're apologizing or not for getting in the way. Or mad at you because they're a screw up.

I mentioned earlier a couple of pages back that its also unfair to the winning team when one teammate on the opposing team plays a majority of the match then leaves at the end, the winning team only gets half the points. The remaining player on the opposing team should only lose half the points and the winning team should win all of the points.

I picked up the PC version finally after ranking up to Expert on the PS4. I found the difference between the versions to be fairly drastic.

The PS4 version struggles to hold 60 fps consistently, and since the latest patch I've had a few instances of really low frame drops during explosion or near goals on certain maps. The latest frame drops are what finally convinced me to try the PC version out.

It's amazing how much more in control of my car I feel on PC. There's a consistency there (thanks to the super solid framerate) that I think really aids in muscle memory. I've found myself getting consistently better in the dozen or so hours playing on PC, while I felt I had hit a wall on PS4. I kind of don't want to go back to the PS4 version now, even though I'm already expert rank there and have the first DLC purchased.

Just a bit of anecdotal evidence, but it really feels like the PC version makes it easier to play better.

Ran rp

I don't think it does. If someone abandons before the match ends it definitely does, but in my experience of forfeiting, the points loss are always between 8-10, the usual.

I just had a match where I did a pop shot middle of the field over a guy, got chipped, and landed directly facing my teammate shooting an aerial of a wide open net perfectly timed to block the shot as I had no time to move. He was furious the rest of the game at me. Even took the time to call me Benedict. It sucks when it happens and sometimes it really is as clear as wtf but others it's an accident and I'm sorry. You can usually tell by their reaction if they're apologizing or not for getting in the way. Or mad at you because they're a screw up.

i don't mean accidental blocks or goals but people who camp at the opponents goal and try to block every shot. i've had someone do that yesterday and today.

I picked up the PC version finally after ranking up to Expert on the PS4. I found the difference between the versions to be fairly drastic.

The PS4 version struggles to hold 60 fps consistently, and since the latest patch I've had a few instances of really low frame drops during explosion or near goals on certain maps. The latest frame drops are what finally convinced me to try the PC version out.

It's amazing how much more in control of my car I feel on PC. There's a consistency there (thanks to the super solid framerate) that I think really aids in muscle memory. I've found myself getting consistently better in the dozen or so hours playing on PC, while I felt I had hit a wall on PS4. I kind of don't want to go back to the PS4 version now, even though I'm already expert rank there and have the first DLC purchased.

Just a bit of anecdotal evidence, but it really feels like the PC version makes it easier to play better.

I definitely play better on that one map with less grass than the others and a higher framerate. Not sure why the game doesn't run at a stable 60fps in the first place. It doesn't look very demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom