• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Version 1.07
THE HEADLINES
Adjusted Rank Point Calculations
Ball indicator now properly appears in Beckwith Park (Stormy)
Improved Ranked post-game UI stability when attempting to chat

Complete list below..

CHANGES AND UPDATES
When a player’s Rank Points (RP) are well below average for their hidden matchmaking rating (MMR), bonus RP will be awarded for wins to better “trend” players towards their expected rank.
UI/ UX
Improved UI functionality in post-game Ranked matches when receiving unlocks or attempting to chat

BUG FIXES
Arenas
Fixed an issue where the ball indicator would not appear in Beckwith Park (Stormy) when Render Detail was set below High Quality

CHANGES AND UPDATES
When a player’s Rank Points (RP) are well below average for their hidden matchmaking rating (MMR), bonus RP will be awarded for wins to better “trend” players towards their expected rank.

Hopefully this mean I'll get out of Bronze faster on PC since I switched platforms and had to restart from unranked. Sucks being stuck in Bronze but still facing Silver and Gold opponents.

More people need to play Solo Standard :(

Since when has the grass been flat with low detail settings? I'm loving it because now I can afford decent resolutions.

But now I've been having a recurring issue of player labels not appearing, thus making it difficult to spot the other cars.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Anyone want to help me get the play Rocket League with someone from your friend's list trophy? All of my friends are either A) on Xbox or B) on UK timezones. Last trophy I need before plat.

bronk

Banned
I played alot today and damn I played with nothing but assholes all day. Wish i had more friends playing for private matches once and awhile. Cant stand the toxic players.

shmoglish

I played alot today and damn I played with nothing but assholes all day. Wish i had more friends playing for private matches once and awhile. Cant stand the toxic players.

I had a "good" day yesterday (first, I am not so good in this game, even as a veteran. But sometimes I rock the show). 2vs2 Ranked and our opponents got the first goal while he was typing his "Does anyone speak german?". Ok... after a doublesave from me the ball got chipped on the end of my car and went into our goal while my mate was flying through the arena. After a "Own goal you idiot" comment I made our first goal, of course it was only "luck". This went on the whole game. I had 3 goals, 6 saves and a few crosses and good moments in the end, but in his oppinion I as a veteran just sucked and his 150 Points as a pro were absolutely fine.

It is ok when people call me a noob, sometimes I really suck. But in a game like this... na... not neccessary.

We can play sometimes if you want. As you can see my english is not perfect, but at least I dont spam the chat with shitty comments.

Is there a Gaf RL PS4 community?

If so, could I get an invite please? PSN: KylieDog

Edit: Screw ranked, is nothing but trolls, and if you leave to deny them the ability to be trolls you get banned from matchmaking? What a stupid fucking decision, so you're forced to let them troll you. Screw that, just never playing ranked again.

Celegus

Have you checked your garage? I unlocked the remaining items I had left without any notifications that they had.

Yep, nothing new there. Even cleared off all the "new!" exclamation points off of everything I never looked at. Nothing there. Are the Halloween drops supposed to come every match like the standard items or is it random if you get one or not?

I did have an awesome game last night at least, were down 4-1 and the other two wanted to forfeit... then we got 3 in the last minute or two and I completed my hat trick with literally one second left to win 5-4.

Salsa

UnfinishedBigheartedBighorn.gif

this guy was trash talking me the entire game saying "trash" "you're trash" every time they scored and we ended up losing on overtime cause he passed it to them

I had to get up and walk a couple laps around the house. no kidding. I wish him death, legitimately. I hope he walks out today and gets run over by a truck while his family watches.

oh my god

Donos

lol salsa. That is bad.
Yeah in my last session (around 15 2on2 games) ihad a lot of games we lost and half of them my teammate or the other teammates started to insult me.

If my teammate makes an own goal or misses an easy save, i still say "no problem" instantly every time.

Slipped from Silver back to Bronze. Put me off of Rocket League for a while.

Nete

That's why I don't play ranked anymore. Yeah, I could just deactivate the chat, but that can be a problem when you find some decent teammates.

Of course, there's plenty of stupid people on unranked too, but it's a completely different scenario.

Fake edit: Psyonix! 2 hours left for the 21st here. My Delorean! :p

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I had to get up and walk a couple laps around the house. no kidding. I wish him death, legitimately. I hope he walks out today and gets run over by a truck while his family watches.

Maybe take a step back and remember this is a game where you are a car that kicks soccer balls.

Salsa

Maybe take a step back and remember this is a game where you are a car that kicks soccer balls.

there's always the "its just a videogame!" high and mighty guy

im not gonna lose any sleep over it dude. You just get mad by shit when you get mad. you think people who get road rage realize in the moment that they're just losing like a minute in their lives

it happens, it's a reaction. no need for the high horse

its all gewd

Dominator

Halloween items have been dropping weird. I just won 11 games ranked solo in a row and I didn't get anything. First one I lost, got an item. Won another 6 after that with no item, then lost and got an item lol

Pepiope

this guy was trash talking me the entire game saying "trash" "you're trash" every time they scored and we ended up losing on overtime cause he passed it to them

oh my god
We need to team up sometime. The higher the rank, the more pissed off people get, but when you get the other team mad it's the best.

I had a guy from the other team tell me that I suck and went on a rant because I demo'd his teammate to allow my teammate to tie the game with 10 seconds left, we won in OT. Love the salt.

Just got my rank above 1100 on 2v2s! I've been trying to get that for about a month. The new ranking system is aiding me big time.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
there's always the "its just a videogame!" high and mighty guy

im not gonna lose any sleep over it dude. You just get mad by shit when you get mad. you think people who get road rage realize in the moment that they're just losing like a minute in their lives

it happens, it's a reaction. no need for the high horse

its all gewd

It's all good indeed.

Something changed with the matchmaking. 8 out of 10 matches tonight I was paired up against a party and my partner was, let's just say less than stellar. I say this knowing full well I'm not the best player.

Pepiope

^Test was a success. That looks damn good.
Woo, the webm add-on for NeoGAF does look nice. Now just to capture great moments...

Side question: If I recorded the last 5 minutes of gameplay, where could I edit that video to just upload the small clips I want? Does GeForce Experience offers that?

Probably easier to just manually toggle it for now I assume.

When can we expect the Delorean DLC? Within a few hours or more like 12 hours from now?
I checked a couple hours a go. Seems like it goes live at 12 AM PST.

I wanted to use it before bed, guess not :(.

Edit: AM, not PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom