• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Prob

Banned
Not sure what the Blue Team was doing here, though I suspect they were trying to get out of the frame/avoid being posterized:

fxRGz7V.gif

OMG! Wow! 360!
Totally misjudged your initial approach, didn't you?
Yes I did!

I know they're aware of the issue but hopefully they fix the "other team quitting but the one guy decides he won't forfeit so you get 1 point for wasting 10 minutes" problem.

Where are you seeing it? It's not on the PS Store, Rocket League Home Menu, or the in game Rocket League menu for me.

edit: wait you're probably on steam

PS Store won't get it until the store updates, meaning there's no clue on when. They couldn't even manage to release the final episode of Tales from the Borderlands until hours after the store had updated (which in itself took forever).

Unicorn

I think this DLC has momentarily saved the community. So many people are just happy to have this that they don't even care if they win or lose.
KuGsj.gif

Bought the Delorean DLC, loaded into a match in progress, scored the winning goal and unlocked the trail I wanted the most (hydro)

basically, delorean is OP

AcridMeat

Banned
I thought I would be disappointed that I couldn't customize the paint for it, but I actually love the accents on the sides. Also helps that the Delorean only came in that brushed color too in reality.

Unicorn you're totally right, the 4 or 5 matches I played if people spoke they were stoked. Two people left because they didn't realize the DLC was out to buy it hahaha

Kayant

OMG the Delorean feels so good. The control is amazing at first I thought it wouldn't be used too much with pros outside of using it for fun but I change my mind now I can definitely see a very pros using this in competitive.

Excellent work Psyonix as always.

The_Poet

Banned
OMG the Delorean feels so good. The control is amazing at first I thought it wouldn't be used too much with pros outside of using it for fun but I change my mind now I can definitely see a very pros using this in competitive.

Excellent work Psyonix as always.

The only difference in cars is a slight difference in hitboxes. The handling and other stats are all the same.

Kayant

The only difference in cars is a slight difference in hitboxes. The handling and other stats are all the same.

I know but for me the Delorean feels "perfect"... Can't really explain it but it's the first time I feel so "in tune" with a car lool.Still it's a very good car unlike Scarab :p.

Dr Prob

Banned

Feel like we've done this a few times already in this thread, but while I really like that there isn't any progression/upgrade nonsense (anyone can jump in and play with any vehicle), there are differences beyond hitboxes: default turning radius, handbrake turns and all that. In the grand scheme endgame of things I suppose it doesn't really matter all that much, but before you get there the differences aren't insignificant. A thread on the Psyonix forums has been up for a while that--while maybe not super precise--hasn't been shut down or even really questioned.

Again, that isn't to say that there's a "best car," but they're not all the same even setting aside the hitboxes.

The_Poet

Banned
Feel like we've done this a few times already in this thread, but while I really like that there isn't any progression/upgrade nonsense (anyone can jump in and play with any vehicle), there are differences beyond hitboxes: default turning radius, handbrake turns and all that. In the grand scheme endgame of things I suppose it doesn't really matter all that much, but before you get there the differences aren't insignificant. A thread on the Psyonix forums has been up for a while that--while maybe not super precise--hasn't been shut down or even really questioned.

Again, that isn't to say that there's a "best car," but they're not all the same even setting aside the hitboxes.

I trust the devs when they say theres no differences

VLiberty

UnfinishedBigheartedBighorn.gif

this guy was trash talking me the entire game saying "trash" "you're trash" every time they scored and we ended up losing on overtime cause he passed it to them

I had to get up and walk a couple laps around the house. no kidding. I wish him death, legitimately. I hope he walks out today and gets run over by a truck while his family watches.

oh my god

jesus rotfl

I'm not having this kind of problems on SARPBC, except when an opponent got mad and later joined my game, playing on my side, just to score own goals on purpose.

i'm surprised an xbone version still hasn't been announced. is there a chance it isn't going there at all? the wiki says linux and mac are getting it, but I doubt they'll be part of the crossplay

and will they ever make matchmaking/partying possible between PC/Ps4?

VLiberty

i'm surprised an xbone version still hasn't been announced. is there a chance it isn't going there at all? the wiki says linux and mac are getting it, but I doubt they'll be part of the crossplay

and will they ever make matchmaking/partying possible between PC/Ps4?

They said it's definitely coming to other systems, XB1 is a lock imo, and given that after one of the latest updates the game was called "Rocket League (Crossbuy later)" I can also see a PS3 and/or Vita version coming out.

Machina

Banned
You don't have to UNLOCK DLC by playing matches do you? It says it's installed but I can't see the Delorean or tyre trails in game.

Salsa

deep down I knew the studios wouldnt let em mess with the delorean image by adding flair and all but im kinda bummed in how it limits its usability by not being able to customize

They said it's definitely coming to other systems, XB1 is a lock imo, and given that after one of the latest updates the game was called "Rocket League (Crossbuy later)" I can also see a PS3 and/or Vita version coming out.
yeah they said definitely going to other platforms, and they announced Linux & Mac OS. You would think that if it was coming to xbone that they would have made the announcement by now

Salsa

can we agree tho that the worst teammates are the ones that favor full boost above everything

says "defending!"

so you go for the ball. bounces wrong. straight to your goal. dude was in one corner, nowhere near "defending"

the 45 you can get at the start is more than enough to block anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom