• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepiope

can we agree tho that the worst teammates are the ones that favor full boost above everything

says "defending!"

so you go for the ball. bounces wrong. straight to your goal. dude was in one corner, nowhere near "defending"

the 45 you can get at the start is more than enough to block anything
For me it all depends on where the ball is hit if I get a full boost or not. You should always stay in goal until you see where the ball is going. Seems obvious, but people still don't do it.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I can't deal with the network in this game sometimes.

1. 80ms is not THAT high, I wouldn't expect total smoothness though.
2. I drove directly forwards at the start, got "corrected" somewhere away from the ball.

It's been happening since the game released but man.

I can't deal with the network in this game sometimes.

1. 80ms is not THAT high, I wouldn't expect total smoothness though.
2. I drove directly forwards at the start, got "corrected" somewhere away from the ball.

It's been happening since the game released but man.

That's not 80ms... that's huge packet loss / network inconsistency. That's the only time you should see your car actually 'correcting'. Though I agree car shifting when driving straight (even under extreme network conditions) should never happen, I don't think we've had time to investigate it.

tusken77

Picked up the DeLorean earlier. When you press the boost button with no boost in the tank the iconic time circuits sound comes through the DS4 speaker. Amazing.

Afrodium

Banned
How long does one need to play with a friend who's new to Rocket League before it's acceptable to tell them to stop fucking hitting your car and knocking the goddamn ball out of the way when it's perfectly lined up for a goal?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Got my DeLorean, of course:

10955600_1015311580979xkbi.jpg

Anyone not using this today of all days is a chump! Brilliant that they were able to secure the rights. Enjoy using it too!

EDIT: Wow, it actually folds in its wheels when you fly. Fucking awesome!

EDIT 2: And when you get blown up you leave behind a flaming trail on the ground, haha!

Dipship31

How long does one need to play with a friend who's new to Rocket League before it's acceptable to tell them to stop fucking hitting your car and knocking the goddamn ball out of the way when it's perfectly lined up for a goal?

You can tell them immediately. The first thing I try to tell newcomers is don't hit the ball because you can. Hit the ball when and where it makes sense. Of course it takes some time to know exactly how to play it that way, but this at least gets them away from just ball chasing.

Dipship31

Also bravo to the team behind the Delorean design work. All the little details like the wheels tucking under, the sounds, and the graphic detail are beautifully done.

Pepiope

Anyone not using this today of all days is a chump! Brilliant that they were able to secure the rights. Enjoy using it too!

EDIT 2: And when you get blown up you leave behind a flaming trail on the ground, haha!
They're giving you an incentive to get blown up haha

Unicorn

Love the flickering lights when you're not quite to 88 supersonic speed. All of the touches are perfect. I agree at least flags (community and country) should be negotiated haha

But seriously. Ditching my tacos at Jack in the Box today was totally worth the Delorean.

GeeTeeCee

I'm now convinced that there's something weird going on when I play on the EU servers. I'm playing from the UK with decent ping, but there's so many matches where it just feels like I'm playing at least half a second or more behind everyone else. I can jump to defend a ball, watch as it sails into the back of the goal, and yet in the replay I never actually get off the ground in time.

So I switched to a US server, and even with my ping being considerably worse, it's night and day compared to the EU servers. I'm hitting the ball before opponents can more frequently. I'm getting MVP so much more (while I'm often lucky to get more than 120 points in EU games). It even feels slightly faster. What is going on?

The BttF dlc is great, at least.

Ocho

I always go for boost when it's not my turn to go for the ball and I expect my teammate to always get to the ball properly (that is, move it to one side), or at least 99% of the time.

It has worked so far in my 2v2s and 3v3s.

VLiberty

I'm now convinced that there's something weird going on when I play on the EU servers. I'm playing from the UK with decent ping, but there's so many matches where it just feels like I'm playing at least half a second or more behind everyone else. I can jump to defend a ball, watch as it sails into the back of the goal, and yet in the replay I never actually get off the ground in time.

So I switched to a US server, and even with my ping being considerably worse, it's night and day compared to the EU servers. I'm hitting the ball before opponents can more frequently. I'm getting MVP so much more (while I'm often lucky to get more than 120 points in EU games). It even feels slightly faster. What is going on?

I've noticed the same exact thing for Battle Cars, EU as well. I thought it was due to my connection not being that great. I should try but I don't think I can switch to US servers in SARPBC though, maybe I should try playing with my NA account.

For some reason the game doesn't think I've purchased the BTTF DLC even though I have. I still have the DLC menu option with a 'Buy Now' button (the other two say "Already Owned"), but when I click it it goes to the store page that tells me I've purchased it. The DeLorean isn't in my garage either.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: On PS4.

For some reason the game doesn't think I've purchased the BTTF DLC even though I have. I still have the DLC menu option with a 'Buy Now' button (the other two say "Already Owned"), but when I click it it goes to the store page that tells me I've purchased it. The DeLorean isn't in my garage either.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I had to restart my game for it to show up. Barring that, try logging out of Steam and relogging in?

julrik

Can't wait to get home from work and try the DeLorean. I do have one question, though. I understand you can not use liveries, flags, etc, but what about the base colour of the car? Do you have to choose a regular base colour (blue/red tone), or is it grey, with red/blue details?

Can't wait to get home from work and try the DeLorean. I do have one question, though. I understand you can not use liveries, flags, etc, but what about the base colour of the car? Do you have to choose a regular base colour (blue/red tone), or is it grey, with red/blue details?

You can change the color of the lower striping with the base team-specific colors, which also affects the neon light tubes and the pearlescent "tint" of the car. But that's basically it. The main car color remains the signature DeLorean dark aluminum metal finish.

I really want to buy the DeLorean, but I'm a little ticked that I have to put $5.00 into PSN to do it. I'll end up getting it anyway.

Also, does it handle poorly? It's no secret any more that these cars handle differently, and that there is a class of cars with the best handling. I wish Psyonix addressed this more directly. I'd actually much prefer to either select the existing handling types for any car, or have one uniform set of stats like originally implied.

I also have no use for the Revenge of the Battle Cars DLC, but I bought it anyway.

I hope they add more licensed cars like the Delorean, or at least have dedicated car packs with unique things like the DeLorean has. I feel like they could be doing a lot better with the DLC, specifically in regards to ball skins, toppers, and paint options (I'd pay to have a different colour online when in a party).

Pumped for the news next week, seeing as new map variants would spice up the game.

julrik

You can change the color of the lower striping with the base team-specific colors, which also affects the neon light tubes and the pearlescent "tint" of the car. But that's basically it. The main car color remains the signature DeLorean dark aluminum metal finish.
Awesome. Thanks.

I really want to buy the DeLorean, but I'm a little ticked that I have to put $5.00 into PSN to do it. I'll end up getting it anyway.

Also, does it handle poorly? It's no secret any more that these cars handle differently, and that there is a class of cars with the best handling. I wish Psyonix addressed this more directly. I'd actually much prefer to either select the existing handling types for any car, or have one uniform set of stats like originally implied.

They really did a quality job on the DeLorean. It's way worth the $1.99 IMO, even if you gotta drop $5 into the system (you'll use it eventually :p)

The hitbox is very close to the Dominus or possibly the Breakout. Handling is a tough one, but if I had to guess, closest would probably be the X-Devil. Sort of middle-of-the-road turning radius, but it does seem to have a decent power slide and stops pretty quickly.

They really did a quality job on the DeLorean. It's way worth the $1.99 IMO, even if you gotta drop $5 into the system (you'll use it eventually :p)

The hitbox is very close to the Dominus or possibly the Breakout. Handling is a tough one, but if I had to guess, closest would probably be the X-Devil. Sort of middle-of-the-road turning radius, but it does seem to have a decent power slide and stops pretty quickly.

Yeah, I know I'll be spending PSN money soon, but I did just buy the Talos Principle so I'm being stingy lol.

Honestly, I wish Psyonix would be upfront about these vehicle differences. They very clearly exist, and I'd actually prefer an in-game stat screen that details handling, turning, and braking.

The only thing not seemingly affected is speed and boost.

If the DeLorean doesn't handle the best, that's a serious bummer. There's no reason not to play the car that handles and turns the best, is there? Why did they give is handling of a weaker car? Is the tradeoff that the braking is better?

Pepiope

that was neat af. ggs even though i fell apart towards the end haha. being able to talk would have helped a little bit i think. and if i knew how to play standard with a good team.

its hard playing with ball chasers :p

also how u get that gif
Yeah, Acrid and I always fly towards the ball, and it can be great when it works, and look horrible when it doesn't lol.

I recorded it using Shadow Play, and then used gfycat to upload it. Someone mentioned it a page or two a go. Now I can share all of these moments with GAF!

And it's so TINY. The lack of open wheels just adds to that.

shmoglish

can we agree tho that the worst teammates are the ones that favor full boost above everything

says "defending!"

so you go for the ball. bounces wrong. straight to your goal. dude was in one corner, nowhere near "defending"

the 45 you can get at the start is more than enough to block anything

For me it all depends on where the ball is hit if I get a full boost or not. You should always stay in goal until you see where the ball is going. Seems obvious, but people still don't do it.

Yeah, it is so annoying. And when your opponent gets the goal, they don`t notice the mistake and drive to the full boos again.

By far the best car in the game, I love it when it gets destroyed.

Of course it is the year of BTTF, but I hope we will see a few more "famous" movie cars (maybe the T-47 from Star wars or the Jurassic Park Jeep).

MUnited83

For you.

The exact same thing happens to me. Today the EU servers have been stable, but I had too many issue with EU servers in this game. Even with a ping or 50 I would get disconnection errors, rubber-banding, etc. Some matches would be outright unplayable.
I switch to US servers and they work perfectly. Triple the ping and somehow the game still feels smooth, especially compared to EU servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom