• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The AI teammates are absolutely dreadful sometimes. I'm about to come in for an epic finish and they send the ball flying towards the corner.

I love when they just keep going straight from the opponent's goal line to sink the ball into our own goal.

Grinchy

Banned
As far as the PS4 framerate is concerned, have those who have noticed big dips been playing online or offline? I wonder if it's just using bots that have caused framerate issues.

Tex is the dumbest motherfucker on rocket league planet.
omg yes. I chose him as my season partner for 2v2 and he is completely brain dead.

M.W.

I know nothing about server architecture, but what issues are these guys facing and what are they actually doing to help fix this? Anyone here savvy enough to describe what their programmers are doing?

80k with no online, 100k tomorrow if they fix it.

Just imagine the number of people who are waiting for it to come online though. Servers wont be able to handle it.

I just get giddy thinking about how big this game will get. Can't imagine how the devs/classic fans feel seeing this game all grown up.

I know nothing about server architecture, but what issues are these guys facing and what are they actually doing to help fix this? Anyone here savvy enough to describe what their programmers are doing?

Working with hosting provider to address issues causing database to shit iself.

Patch reduces calls on our own servers to make it easier to resolve issues going forward.

Working with hosting provider to address issues causing database to shit iself.

Patch reduces calls on our own servers to make it easier to resolve issues going forward.

I'm wondering how many you guys anticipated hitting the servers vs how many are hitting the servers right now. I can just see the servers melting.

I'm having a lot of fun with season mode, I'm getting a hang of the intuition necessary to play well. I'm not very good but I'm picking up the minutae of the game. I can see this game drawing in a lot of people with it being free on ps4 and being a pick up and play, but I can already see the addiction rising.

I'm wondering how many you guys anticipated hitting the servers vs how many are hitting the servers right now. I can just see the servers melting.

It's not a load anticipation thing, that's the issue. We specifically chose a large, reputable provider so we could scale up infinitely to meet demand. The problem is that provider has some limitations in place that blew everything up around ~8k users and it's been all day with them trying to resolve and get back operational. So the safe, responsible choice so this wouldn't happen is exactly what has broken things the first day. Figures, right?

valeo

It's not a load anticipation thing, that's the issue. We specifically chose a large, reputable provider so we could scale up infinitely to meet demand. The problem is that provider has some limitations in place that blew everything up around ~8k users and it's been all day with them trying to resolve and get back operational. So the safe, responsible choice so this wouldn't happen is exactly what has broken things the first day. Figures, right?

Bugger. Shit happens. You can take solace in the fact that it happens to the biggest companies in the world as well!

Dang I don't have a 360 controller atm. I tried playing this a bit with the keyboard, but like any game, playing with the keyboard gets my joints all sore.

I need a controller.

Fun game but the AI is so stupid in season mode; I can't count how many times my dumb teammates have scored on our own goal. Like, literally just driven the ball into our own net. Geez.

Bummer. I can't imagine how mad you guys are at the office. Hopefully, you guys can get this fixed and get some rest!

Roto13

Couldn't get to this all day. Playing a bit offline for now. Man, playing against bots is completely different from playing against humans.

Good to know

Carl

Fuck, sorry to hear that man. Hope you get it sorted asap

Wow, this game is really fun. Like, I'm seriously impressed with this little car game ridiculousness. I can't wait for online so I don't feel like a boss playing with the AI lol

iosefe

Wow, this game is really fun. Like, I'm seriously impressed with this little car game ridiculousness. I can't wait for online so I don't feel like a boss playing with the AI lol

bump em up to pro, do a 9 week season. feel inferior. if not inferior enough, bump to all star

JambiBum

That's the thing a lot of people don't understand when it comes to issues with servers and architecture like this. Most of the time it isn't the fault of the company in question and it's more the fault of the circuit provider/hosting company. My company (not gaming related) uses ATT for the majority of our data centers and more often than not ATT will have an issue which causes problems for our services that we just have to twiddle our thumbs on until they fix it. It's unfortunate but it's the way things work sometimes.

Flunkie

Banned
Feel so bad for you guys. Can only imagine the feedback from all the uninformed complainers on the Internet.

baconcow

Any differences between srason teammate. I tried Merlin and Heater and sucked in Pro with both. 2-8 record fml. Did better in exhibition with pro, 4-3 there. Thought teammate might be a factor.

BShadowJ

Doing 2v2 allstar, 5-2 easily winning my 8th week 5-0 at the moment. Need all pro star mode

Try playing with Merlin as your team-mate. It's like playing unfair mode with him helping the other team, shit's crazy LOL Lost half the games until week 8 on All-Star, benched him for Tex, and he hard carried me during many games... Best decision ever

AI works really well with you in all star mode

edit: my partner is Stinger

Yeah my other team mate was Stinger too. Stinger and Tex are godlike, most of the time I was like staying back waiting for a shot and they just scored...

Try playing with Merlin as your team-mate. It's like playing unfair mode with him helping the other team, shit's crazy LOL Lost half the games until week 8 on All-Star, benched him for Tex, and he hard carried me during many games... Best decision ever

lol Merlin's the team I just beat 7-1 with Stinger

Maddrical

Feel so bad for you guys. Can only imagine the feedback from all the uninformed complainers on the Internet.

Yeah, people on the Rocket League subreddit just blatantly bashing the developers by assuming it's their fault. I'd be pretty frustrating reading these comments. I really hope the servers being down at launch doesn't result in negative user scores on Steam.

Lunar FC

Sadly the lack of online has really exposed how little else there is to do. Something similar to the star challenges from the first game would of been nice.

edit: Heater is my bot of choice.

BShadowJ

When RL is down we really talk about which bot is better?

During the Beta it was Saltie... After getting carried so hard by Tex on Season Mode though, Tex > Saltie. Saltie is still hardcore though

Also Merlin sucks at Rocket League.

Don't hate me

I was worried about this running on my PC as it's not that great so I didn't buy it last night. Fast forward to today sitting at work and I remembered steam offers refunds now. I shall buy it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom