• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconcow

There is an issue with teammate on season with 2 players splitscreen. It chooses the teammate in the first of two positions (when in season with one player) and not the teammate chosen when with two players.

If the settings are (with one player):
Teammate slot 1: Wolfman
Teammate slot 2: Tex

And with two players:
Teammate slot: Tex

Wolfman will always be your teammate, regardless of what you choose. You need to switch it in single player season to change teammates with two player season. Odd. Anyone else notice this?

farisr

So I started the game up for the first time, intending to play for 20-30 minutes or so, wanted to get a quick tutorial in and some matches.

I finish playing, turn off the ps4 and switch back to my computer and get greeted by "media express had to stop capturing due to running out of space on the hard disk." and I think "how did that happ- oh wait." I check the file length, 3 1/2 hours. LOL. No wonder.

I had plenty of space on it for 20-30 minutes but definitely not enough for 4 hours.

Really hope I can get my friends into this.

BShadowJ

There is an issue with teammate on season with 2 players splitscreen. It chooses the teammate in the first of two positions (when in season with one player) and not the teammate chosen when with two players.

Twammate slot 2: Tex

And with two players:

Wolfman will always be your teammate, regardless of what you choose. You need to switch it in single player season to change teammates with two player season. Odd. Anyone else motice this?

Huh. That seems like a weird oversight.

And damn straight you want Tex on your team

Page 31 and a ton of praise for a game that has't functioned online properly since launch lol. I think when all is fixed up this game will have legs.

Shoe786

In case anyone is wondering, for SLI on PC, just go to Nvidia control panel and force alternate frame rendering 2. Seems to work perfectly.

ChrisDM

I'm sure this was discussed previously, but has Psyonix addressed the overheating/loud PS4s issue at all?

I know they've said they didn't run into the issue through testing, but I'm afraid to even boot the game up.

dlbeast

I love when they just keep going straight from the opponent's goal line to sink the ball into our own goal.

lmfao...what makes it worse....is i have the game now on both ps4 i the house...Im in one room playing...my 5 yr old in the other.... his first game he scores 4-0.... and the AI helps him.... my ai is like dreadful.. miss ur goal and it bounces to center of the field... u just know ur fucked ......so ur boosting for your life.....but u run out of boost and ur fucked...lol

OH MY GOD this is so much fun. Sony better highlight this on their blog..it deserves to be huge.

I used to play Wild Wheels on Amiga, and it was exactly like this. Is this a spiritual successor?

Any tips to help avoid motion sickness and headaches with the game? Tried it out last night, started with training which was fine, but when I finally got into matches (season) whoooo, I had to stop after 3-4 matches.

Locking onto the ball makes the camera go haywire whenever I get close to the ball, while not locking on means I have to keep ball searching with the right analog (which is too fast for me right now).

I think I can slow down the right analog more, but is there anything else? I feel like my best route is to constantly switch between the two cameras, and predict where the ball will go when not in sight. Was fun otherwise.

I mean, technically it worked at launch...

Then the Steam and PS+ nation attacked...

I played two games and it was glorious. Technically I am still undefeated, *smug*

Is there a Wiki for this game yet or some archive with all the skins, hats, etc.

So far I'm torn between the Venom and the Hotshot. depends on which one looks better with devil horns. Best thing I've unlocked the the flamethrower trail. Looks freaking great. When I unlock some more stuff I'll post up my car.

Amazingly fun game so far. Can't wait to take it online and hone my skills. Or get some friends together and get drinking...

Protip: Spotify has some good old school arcadey game playlists that suit the game well. I was jamming out to Tony Hawks Pro Skater and Burnout 3 soundtracks earlier. Really captures that old time arcade game spirit.

I need to learn when to use ball cam and when not to. I feel like ball cam makes it too easy to misalign your shot if you're not straight on, and sometimes I just end up blowing right by the ball by accident. Definitely a bit of a learning curve.

hydruxo

I wonder how long it takes until they fix that melting/loud PS4 problem.

Wont play until its fixxed.

Yeah this is pretty much my only gripe right now. When it gets fixed I'll have no problem playing RL for hours on end without worrying about my PS4 exploding haha.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
good morning..
servers still offline?

Teammate slot 2: Tex

And with two players:

Wolfman will always be your teammate, regardless of what you choose. You need to switch it in single player season to change teammates with two player season. Odd. Anyone else notice this?

be glad. wolfman is a killer.

perk1n

I hit download over the PS Store yesterday, now I have the game and the beta in my ps4 library. Both share the same name and icon...is that right? Why did it not update the beta like planetside?

Godspeed, Psyonix. I apologise on behalf of anyone being a dickhead about this online (I'm sure there are many).

And if this is Dave's doing so he doesn't have to eat bread - respect.

bronk

Banned
Any tips to help avoid motion sickness and headaches with the game? Tried it out last night, started with training which was fine, but when I finally got into matches (season) whoooo, I had to stop after 3-4 matches.

Locking onto the ball makes the camera go haywire whenever I get close to the ball, while not locking on means I have to keep ball searching with the right analog (which is too fast for me right now).

I think I can slow down the right analog more, but is there anything else? I feel like my best route is to constantly switch between the two cameras, and predict where the ball will go when not in sight. Was fun otherwise.
I get sick in a bunch of games myself but ive been good with this one after toggling some settings. Go to options and raise both fov and camera distance to a comfortable setting. It helped me alot.

valeo

Godspeed, Psyonix. I apologise on behalf of anyone being a dickhead about this online (I'm sure there are many).

And if this is Dave's doing so he doesn't have to eat bread - respect.

To be fair, if you buy a game you expect it to be working. Obviously this is out of their control somewhat, but people have a right to be a little annoyed.

aro52

I need me some practice (0.600 win % in Rookie season), but damn is it a blast!
Only annoyance is I feel like I'm getting rammed by my own AI teammates more than the AI opponents! :p

Side note: Why is it turned the PS4 into a jet engine?! Even just sitting in the menus.

This game is amazing! The AI is pretty wonky but I'm still loving my time with it! I can't wait to get my ass handed to me when the servers are back up!

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
i mean it took blizzard with diablo3 several days to get the game in a playable state (and you couldnt even play offline), it took Evolution over a year to get the servers working for everybody, and here we are talking about a game from a small indie studio that was a mere fanservice not even 2 months ago, that got blown out of the park by the (deserved) hype and overrun by psplus. would have been a miracle if nothing went wrong.

i aint even mad.

and to everyone saying AI is wonky: its all over the place on rookie, but play the 2nd difficulty and they are decent. almost no own goals in my 12 matches so far.

Tagg9

i mean it took blizzard with diablo3 several days to get the game in a playable state (and you couldnt even play offline), it took Evolution over a year to get the servers working for everybody, and here we are talking about a game from a small indie studio that was a mere fanservice not even 2 months ago, that got blown out of the park by the (deserved) hype.

i aint even mad.

It's just a bit disappointing given how butter smooth the beta was. But then we all know from the past 12 months of high profile multiplayer game failures how difficult it is to efficiently scale up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom