• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wanted to try All-Stars Season (while servers still down) and went 2v2 using Merlin 'cause of all the hype I heard around here. Oh man, people were not kidding at how bad he is! The little wizard that couldn't.

Then I picked Heater and OMG, Heater is a LEGEND! Overtaken Wolfman as my trusted wing-man.

Ogawa-san

Boy, the AI teammates on your team in single player are a real, real bummer.
The teammate AI is weird. Sometimes they'll show awareness, like heading to guard the goal if nobody is there but driving away if I drive there, but most of time they just pretend I'm not in the game. I don't even go for corner balls anymore because they'll just ram me away like I'm on the other team.

Also, confirmation bias and all, but opposing AI doesn't score nearly as many own goals.

Kayant

I now know the ways of the front and back filp thanks to Kronivi. Now just need to learn how to getr control when in the air.

Vire

@AnneMunition
Meanwhile at @RocketLeague headquarters...

CJlM1NoUEAAClEN.png

aravuus

Flatmate came home for the weekend, I introduced him to the game and we pretty much played the game for like.. 2 hours straight, absolutely non-stop. We've been screaming so much I'm pretty sure we're gonna get evicted soon. Servers down? I ain't even mad, playing against each other with bots was fucking amazing too.

Although online WAS definitely a lot more fun. Hopefully we'll get to play with others tomorrow!

JackHerer

The ~60 fps cap for PC is pretty lame. Anyone figure out how to disable that yet? Performance is also iffy on my SLI Titan X with drops into the 50s. Does this game even have SLI support? Maybe I would be better off disabling SLI.

I played a game against pro bots and scored 14 goals and won 15-1. I then played a game against all-star bots and lost 10-1 and scored zero goals myself... welp

farisr

I saw all these posts about Kronovi, I was like he can't be THAT good, probably overhyping.

Switched on stream.

Wowwww..... should've linked this stream to that guy who kept on saying you can't have much control in the game. Probably would've changed his mind immediately.

My 360 controller is scheduled to come in by 8:00 (its 3:36 for me right now)

Man, finally. The last time I really played this game was a while ago when the alpha was going. After all the time I spent following this game since the beta, watching streams, posting in the topics, trying to spread it on here, reddit, other sites.... Now i'm finally soo close to being able to actually just sit down and play it comfortably.

Feels good man
inb4technicalproblems

Kinda wish I had a PS4 so I could play it there since my PC isn't exactly the strongest but i'm glad I'll finally get to dive into the world of car soccer again.

It's going to be neat to see how many new users get very skilled at this game. Sure, Kronovi has years of experience, but it'd be nice to see him taste his own medicine >:)

ErichWK

Watching Lirik and Waffle Twitch Stream. Everyone is spamming them to play Kronovi. They are getting real real annoyed. haha

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Playing with randoms is frustrating when they try to steal your goals and the ball was going to go in and they hit it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom