• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hopped into a few games. It said 0 players online and 0 in playlist but it let me search for matches and it eventually found one.

Practicing aerials as much as possible. Have pulled off a few and it's just exhilarating. Love love love this game.

Arttemis

I've been playing a single player season and it's insanely addictive and fun. Holy shit, and this was included with PS+!? Incredible!

2999374-8194131681-dont-.jpg

Vire

I feel like I rather of just paid the 20 Obamas and have gotten a smooth online experience rather than this PS+ overload shit. :/

I guess it's good for Psyonix in the long run so there is that.

I feel like I rather of just paid the 20 Obamas and have gotten a smooth online experience rather than this PS+ overload shit. :/

I guess it's good for Psyonix in the long run so there is that.

I actually paid 20€ for the PC version to support the devs. I really hope those servers get stable soon, or I wish I had stuck to the PS4 version.

Yudoken

Things I dislike about this game:

1. Unstable and almost unreachable servers (for me at least, europe)
2. No SLI support (at least currently and I couldn't force a profile on it which actually improved the performance/really works)
2. Downsampling with Nvidia official drivers (not GeDoSaTo) "only" works if you change your native resolution to the resolution you have as the desktop resolution (but then, you can change it back at least)
3. Kinda performance hungry (eats easily a 970 even at 1080 with full settings with 4p).
4. Some hickups and frame drops especially if you play with 4p (rare, but then annoying).

Otherwise the game is fantastic and I'm so glad that it's out on pc!
We have a lot of fun with this game and it will be our game to play in the next months (at least on local).

Then you've cancelled and restarted multiple times. Don't know if it's coincidence, but seems to work better searching one region
This is what I was going to say. Took a while to find a match last night until I selected only US-West (and US-East) and found a match instantly.

I searched for a game for a few minutes and it said zero players online. I backed out and searched again and found a match within 10 seconds, so you can try that if youre having trouble.

I am not by any means great or even good at this game, but something clicked in the last hour or so of play and I am consistently playing balls out of the air and putting them in the direction that I want for the most part.

There is something intensely satisfying about redirecting a bouncing ball on goal or chipping and redirecting a shot on goal, particularly when you actually meant to do it.

The Cowboy

Really not sure if I'm liking the very random unlocking system, I've been using a car I like since it 1st unlocked to use - I've used in easily loads and loads of matches so far and i have yet to unlock a single paint job for it, i seem to just keep earning antennas and hats.

Just give me 1 paint job please, just 1 :(.

meanspartan

Congratulations Rocket League team! The Podcast me and my friend do for fun has decided it will give you a GOTY nomination in our next episode recording on Monday! The game is joining Bloodborne and Witcher 3 on that list (sorry Arkham Knight, don't release broken shit and don't over-use the Batmobile).

We have literally dozens of downloads on some of our episodes, so this is quite the big deal :p

If anyone wants to check us out, search "Multiple Lives" and we turn up on most podcast apps and Itunes and such.

Anyway, I'm fucking loving this game. It keeps things simple but absolutely just nails the "fun" factor based on pure gameplay mechanics. It even comes the closest to recreating that couch co-op feel even when playing online with friends and not splitscreen.

Way to go Psyonix. As a San Diegan, I'm doubly proud of you guys!

jugo

Neo Member
Anyone know if the drive 500 km trophy can be unlocked in multiplayer? It's not adding any miles to my wheels.

Online matches don't add to the total unfortunately.

Anyway, just played 4 vs 4 online. This game is insane. I can see how one can lose a couple of hours playing. A game went by like nothing.

SomTervo

Anyone up for some PS4 seshing? PSID kenshi_ryden. Add me as friend and to party and i'll know it's you

I am not by any means great or even good at this game, but something clicked in the last hour or so of play and I am consistently playing balls out of the air and putting them in the direction that I want for the most part.

There is something intensely satisfying about redirecting a bouncing ball on goal or chipping and redirecting a shot on goal, particularly when you actually meant to do it.

Same here! Went from thinking this is okay to this is GENIUS

Been pullin off some insane trick shots, only since it all clicked. In one match i got an Epic Save, followed the ball round the map, and scored a goal, in the span of about 10 seconds. Christ the fun.

Pepiope

It's hard as hell to hit an aerial shot, but damn it one day I'll do it!

I want to try this with a controller, but the elite one won't be here for another 4 months.

Wiggy

Did the AI get a performance bump? Because they just dominated my, like, last 5 games lol. Never seen em like this before, for and against me they were killin' it haha.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just won a ranked 6-5 while being 2v3 (teammate left at the start). SO HYPE. We came back from 5-3 deficit. Scored 4th with a minute left, scored 5th with 22 seconds left, scored 6th with 10 seconds left.

Teammate made an amazing stop right at 1 second to end it. WOW this game!!!

Peterthumpa

Things I dislike about this game:

1. Unstable and almost unreachable servers (for me at least, europe)
2. No SLI support (at least currently and I couldn't force a profile on it which actually improved the performance/really works)
2. Downsampling with Nvidia official drivers (not GeDoSaTo) "only" works if you change your native resolution to the resolution you have as the desktop resolution (but then, you can change it back at least)
3. Kinda performance hungry (eats easily a 970 even at 1080 with full settings with 4p).
4. Some hickups and frame drops especially if you play with 4p (rare, but then annoying).

Otherwise the game is fantastic and I'm so glad that it's out on pc!
We have a lot of fun with this game and it will be our game to play in the next months (at least on local).
You can set a custom resolution inside the TASystemSettings.ini located on C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Config, i.e.:

ResX=2560
ResY=1440

You can also manually enable and set a MSAA level, and set aniso levels in the same file:

MaxAnisotropy=16
MaxMultiSamples=2
bAllowD3D9MSAA=True

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom