• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikram

Played online with a random guy and we were unbeaten for like 10 games. Got the streak trophy. That guy was really good. Never enjoyed mp games this much since kz2 clan matches.

dozy

Neo Member
Played online with a random guy and we were unbeaten for like 10 games. Got the streak trophy. That guy was really good. Never enjoyed mp games this much since kz2 clan matches.

same here, was playing with a random guy and beating almost everyone :)

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
I am slowly learning to fly. This game is amazingly deceptive in its depth.

God, I LOVE making a play. This is my kind of sport. Is there some way to play with other gaffers? I'm not great, but I'm learning to fly... ?

Bikram

same here, was playing with a random guy and beating almost everyone :)
This game is crazy fun. Haven't touched both Witcher and Batman for last 3 days. So addictive.
Me and my mate used to play the first game a lot on ps3. Glad the devs are getting all the recognition they deserve with this game. Very Happy for them ☺

Iced

Just had my first game crash. Finished playing a game and was waiting for one more player to join to the next game. Picture froze for a bit first, then just crashed to the desktop saying an error had occurred.

Celegus

God, I LOVE making a play. This is my kind of sport. Is there some way to play with other gaffers? I'm not great, but I'm learning to fly... ?

That's my favorite too, setting up a perfect shot for a teammate right in front and seeing them nail it in. It's always depressingly hilarious when you have a shot all lined up and a teammate comes careening in trying to get it and ends up smashing you out of the way. It's all so ridiculous that even the bad plays just make me laugh.

I hit a few good flying shots during my last session. So satisfying.

MrPanic

So as someone that really isn't planning on getting a controller for pc, is this game still worth getting with just keyboard controls?

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
So as someone that really isn't planning on getting a controller for pc, is this game still worth getting with just keyboard controls?

I would personally say no unless you can control the gas/brake with analog... but I can't play racers without a gamepad.

Iced

This thread when the servers are up:

A_view_of_Latam,_a_district_in_Tawargha_ghost_town.jpg

Hope everyone's having a blast!

Just took a 1v2 ranked into overtime, me being the person alone. Felt good, man. That being said, ranked matches shouldn't start until teams are balanced.

So are the servers working properly or not? I only have 3v3 selected, yet I've been put into a 4v4 and then 2v2 match.
Nope, they're really messed up right now. 3v3 ranked is taking me to just about every other playlist. Lag is pretty bad as well. Guess I'm done for the night. Shame because I have been on a roll.

Tansut

Just took a 1v2 ranked into overtime, me being the person alone. Felt good, man. That being said, ranked matches shouldn't start until teams are balanced.

Nope, they're really messed up right now. 3v3 ranked is taking me to just about every other playlist. Lag is pretty bad as well. Guess I'm done for the night. Shame because I have been on a roll.
Yeah, it's a bit wonkers. I think I'll give it a go another night.

Yudoken

You can set a custom resolution inside the TASystemSettings.ini located on C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Config, i.e.:

You can also manually enable and set a MSAA level, and set aniso levels in the same file:

Thanks, already changed some settings but somehow missed to change the resolution there.
Gonna do it tomorrow.

Tansut

Does anyone think they should retool the replay feature? Seems really lame that you have to sit and watch every single one because 1/6 people wants to watch it.

BraXzy

God I'm so bad at this game but I love it anyway.

I can never time my jumps right I always fly past the ball before it gets low enough :(

DirtyLarry

Game is fun. A lot of fun.
However I am not seeing the greatness others seem to be seeing.
That's cool. To each their own. Opinions make the world go round. Any other cliches you can think of to illustrate people have differing opinions, feel free to apply them.
I am just surprised to see the overwhelmingly positive universal praise.
I can say that perhaps if I did not read so many people hyping it up perhaps I would have enjoyed it that much more.
I just expected the second coming of video games.
What I played was a very solid game.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Does anyone think they should retool the replay feature? Seems really lame that you have to sit and watch every single one because 1/6 people wants to watch it.

Yep, that was one of the things I hated about this game on day 1. What is worse is when you are outmatched due to a player quiting your side and the other team forces you to watch their handicapped replays. It makes me feel like they are poor winners.

ErichWK

The amount of twitch users watching and streaming this game is blowing my mind. I want to cry I'm so stoked. Group hug. Bring it in guys. Thank you

Ferrio

Banned
So when I go to hit the ball one of two things will happen:

1. I totally miss my mark and go flying half way across the field.
2. Some other asshole hits the ball before I can, and I go flying half way across the field.

Played a few hours again private matches with some GAF people (I think, I know at least a couple were). Was really great again. It so much fun seeing everyone progress after hours of playing and actually playing roles on the team. Knowing people are going to center, be there for the center, and get back on D to be goalie is when it all comes together.

M.W.

The amount of twitch users watching and streaming this game is blowing my mind. I want to cry I'm so stoked. Group hug. Bring it in guys. Thank you

It's an amazingly fun game that brings a smile to everyone's face. Thank you sir.

akileese

It's absolutely fantastic. I cannot remember the last time I had this much fun playing a multiplayer game.

chixdiggit

Game is fun. A lot of fun.
However I am not seeing the greatness others seem to be seeing.
That's cool. To each their own. Opinions make the world go round. Any other cliches you can think of to illustrate people have differing opinions, feel free to apply them.
I am just surprised to see the overwhelmingly positive universal praise.
I can say that perhaps if I did not read so many people hyping it up perhaps I would have enjoyed it that much more.
I just expected the second coming of video games.
What I played was a very solid game.

I think it's because it's fun, easy to get into, and something different. It's why Lethal League is so great and could have been just as popular with a few changes.

My 360 controller is scheduled to come in by 8:00 (its 3:36 for me right now)

Man, finally. The last time I really played this game was a while ago when the alpha was going. After all the time I spent following this game since the beta, watching streams, posting in the topics, trying to spread it on here, reddit, other sites.... Now i'm finally soo close to being able to actually just sit down and play it comfortably.

Feels good man
inb4technicalproblems

Kinda wish I had a PS4 so I could play it there since my PC isn't exactly the strongest but i'm glad I'll finally get to dive into the world of car soccer again.

So my controller comes in... And it's not working... *sigh* God I hate PC sometimes.

Do you have a PS3 controller? You can try downloading SCP and using that.

It's at a friend's house :c I've used my friend's 360 controller before (that's how I played the alpha actually) and it worked simply without any setup. Beforehand, I tried using the PS3 controller and trying to set up all of this other stuff correctly and I never got it to function right, so I intended on getting a 360 controller anyway, regardless of whether or not I had my PS3 controller on me. Now somehow i'm getting problems with this as well. It's like what the

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom