• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm no Kronovi, but I finally got a flying goal in ranked. My flying has been kinda crappy since the game officially came out. Twenty seconds into the game lol

ZxKr14A.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWmANXXD73M

M.W.

Holy shit been watching some streams and seen them playing against and with Kronovi, that guy/girl is beyond god-like. First time seeing Kronovi.
Yeah, you're not going to see someone of his skill for years to come. He will be in a league of his own for a looooong time.

aravuus

Lol @ salty players

I like to taunt. Any time we get a goal I spam "Wow!", "sorry!", and sometimes "no problem."

The opponent sometimes does the same. Very sarcastic, passive aggressive teasing. It amps me up though.

I always compliment enemy goals but love to thank them for scoring on their own net too.

I have yet to meet a SINGLE person that used the quick chat stuff after like 30 or 40 matches

I love saying "Nice shot" after every goal, even if it's one I made

hydruxo

Lol @ salty players

I like to taunt. Any time we get a goal I spam "Wow!", "sorry!", and sometimes "no problem."

The opponent sometimes does the same. Very sarcastic, passive aggressive teasing. It amps me up though.

I always compliment enemy goals but love to thank them for scoring on their own net too.

My favorite is saying "What a save!" after we score on them haha

Lunar FC

Feel like it's alot harder to find some competition compared to the beta. Probably around 40-2 playing with my usual grou[, with most of those being ranked matches. Is this just the result of it being free with ps+?

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
yesterday in a 3on3 ranked the first teammate left after 20 seconds when we were one down early, second one left after a minute.
i won the match 5:4
feels good man.

get rekt, quitters!

We pretty much only did it for CoolCole

I'm gonna pay Evilore lots of money to enable signatures on gaf just so I can sig this. It's going on my gravestone. I'm gonna have it lasered on the moon; tattooed on my testicles; written in the stars.

I like this quote.

the world ows you man, big time!

R1CHO

Why should I play in ranked?

The normal mode has more players, I played one ranked game and didn't get any point or anything afterwards, maybe server problems?

Are cars different in any way aside from looks? Physics? Stats? Hit boxes? Do hats make a difference.

Played a very skilled player that could ride the ball on his hood and sail the ball into the goal

Ferrio

Banned
Feel like it's alot harder to find some competition compared to the beta. Probably around 40-2 playing with my usual grou[, with most of those being ranked matches. Is this just the result of it being free with ps+?

I would hope so, you played in the beta. Of course you're going to kick their asses, you've played way longer.

Are cars different in any way aside from looks? Physics? Stats? Hit boxes? Do hats make a difference.

Played a very skilled player that could ride the ball on his hood and sail the ball into the goal

The beauty of the game is that that was all him. There is no difference at all in the cars apart from minute differences in the hitboxes.

Lunar FC

I would hope so, you played in the beta. Of course you're going to kick their asses, you've played way longer.

Like I'm no means as good as some of the guys here, I can get a aerial goal like 1 out of 20 tries. But if i'm playing ranked (currently in pro doubles) should I really be matched against guys who are still rookies and were beating them 8-0?

Ferrio

Banned
Like I'm no means as good as some of the guys here, I can get a aerial goal like 1 out of 20 tries. But if i'm playing ranked (currently in pro doubles) should I really be matched against guys who are still rookies and were beating them 8-0?

Oh so you mean the matchmaking.. ya that does seem odd.

barit

I have yet to meet a SINGLE person that used the quick chat stuff after like 30 or 40 matches

I love saying "Nice shot" after every goal, even if it's one I made

I spammed triple "Wow" after my teammate (Double) scored a goal in the last two seconds for a draw. We still lost in the extra time but I was mighty impressed nevertheless lol

Hasney

Why should I play in ranked?

The normal mode has more players, I played one ranked game and didn't get any point or anything afterwards, maybe server problems?

That ranking will be used as the metric for entering tournamants and shizz. If you want to play competitively in the future, you should use it. If you just wanna have fun, there's not.much point.

Psyonix dev on the official forums reporting they had 94k online yesterday at once. Almost another 100k on Twitch.

Mental. Mental. Mental. I thought this thread would get a few posts per day lol.

BeeDog

Wow. Played my first couple of online matches, and this game is a blast. Now I'm extra sad I didn't manage to find a single game during the beta to practice a bit more before retail.

Awesome game.

Noaloha

Got my very first aerial goal last night! ....sort of.

I actually missed the shot, BUT, the attempt was so beautiful that everyone on the pitch, myself included, had a brief period where their fingers stopped working properly. In the chaos, the ball just sort of rolls in and I got credit for an aerial goal. :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8nGDawHyao

There really must be a penalty for leaving. 3 times in a row now on ranked someone of the opposing team left after we made a goal.
Or at least give them an allstar bot to compensate a bit.

aravuus

Damn, played another 6 or so matches with my flatmate now that the online's working again and I literally had to take a shower after the last one. We're getting so intense in my tiny ass room the temperature rises to like 40 celsius just from us going crazy lmao. So yeah, I hope y'all get to play this locally with one or more friends some day. Online alone is a lot of fun too, but there's absolutely no beating the madness that is local multiplayer.

I fucking love this game

I Love the game however searching for a match can be a pain in the ass. Sometimes its immediate and sometimes it just doesnt work. I'm not sure I understand why

Damn, played another 6 or so matches with my flatmate now that the online's working again and I literally had to take a shower after the last one. We're getting so intense in my tiny ass room the temperature rises to like 40 celsius just from us going crazy lmao. So yeah, I hope y'all get to play this locally with one or more friends some day. Online alone is a lot of fun too, but there's absolutely no beating the madness that is local multiplayer.

I fucking love this game

Is it possible to play 2v2 ? I mean you and your friend against 2 other people online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom