• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Deimos

How come no one plays 1v1 ranked? I keep getting paired up with rookies.
It's at a friend's house :c I've used my friend's 360 controller before (that's how I played the alpha actually) and it worked simply without any setup. Beforehand, I tried using the PS3 controller and trying to set up all of this other stuff correctly and I never got it to function right, so I intended on getting a 360 controller anyway, regardless of whether or not I had my PS3 controller on me. Now somehow i'm getting problems with this as well. It's like what the
What did you do to deserve this luck Icy?

M.W.

If my eyes don't deceive me. We first place on twitch

Bw8m0Tm.png

Loving the game so far
But I have a question, is it possible to play spilt screen online with a guest account on PS4?
Every time I try it says "you are not signed in to PSN"

ErichWK

I can't believe this is happening. No one at the office can. This was supposed to be a little game about soccer and cars that our fans on our forums have been begging for. I really really hope the momentum keeps up! I was telling Dave today after work about how siiiiiiiick would it be if this game gets so big we have to rent out a venue for tournaments and every is screaming and going ape shnip while the best Rocket League players are doing Arial juggling space jam dunks into goals.

The dreaaaaam.

I want to believe. I'm a huge E-Sports fanatic and this game is amazing to watch and has the depth to keep learning for years. I think it has a big bright future.

I can't believe this is happening. No one at the office can. This was supposed to be a little game about soccer and cars that our fans on our forums have been begging for. I really really hope the momentum keeps up! I was telling Dave today after work about how siiiiiiiick would it be if this game gets so big we have to rent out a venue for tournaments and every is screaming and going ape shnip while the best Rocket League players are doing Arial juggling space jam dunks into goals.

The dreaaaaam.
you guys and your closest fans deserve it!

Starviper

The dreaaaaam.

LOL that sounds amazing. grat's guys. Currently doing my monthly server maintenance but i'm totally playing some more rocket league after; that game is just plain fun! Didn't even try the online because the servers were down earlier :)

LaneDS

The dreaaaaam.

Well deserved I say! Most fun I've had playing a game in ages. Congrats to you guys on this level of success and exposure.

steelersrock01

Neo Member
I know it's been mentioned before that there will be cosmetic dlc down the road, but are there any plans/thoughts on adding in new arenas or game setups (like 1v1v1, 2v2v2 etc)?

Amazing fun, btw. It's the most pure fun I've had on ps4 yet.

naib

Just finished playing 2v2 split screen against bots with my 10 year old stepdaughter. Rookie bots and she doesn't get all the mechanics yet, but shit. Game scales well for skill and she already loves soccer(football).

Longest I've ever played co-op with her. Most high fives playing co-op ever! Good times. Even mom got interested. Need another controller. :)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

The dreaaaaam.
I waited years for the sequel to the original game, so reading this post put a huge grin on my face. Good job!

M.W.

This game is so damn good, spent 3 hours playing ranked solo and the time flew by, my goty so far.

The funny thing is, is that during the beta there were a lot of us saying this was our GOTY so far and it was only a beta. We were shit on, lol.

chixdiggit

Couldn't play online so I I went 29-0 to win the Rookie League season. I completely destroyed.
Finally went online and got served humble pie.

naib

Game is fun, but I am so bad at it.

*sigh*
Who gives a shit. If it's fun, keep playing!
That's how you get good.

I'm limited to 4G internet for the next couple months. But reading all this feedback I'm pretty confident this will be active for a long time to come. I'll be buying on Steam soon as well.

Congrats Psyonix. Y'all deserve praise despite the network woes. You have an awesome product.

JobenNC

I finally got a chance to play. This is a legitimate GOTY contender for me, no hyperbole. Will get a chance to play w/ 4 friends on Sunday and I'm super excited.

Does the AI that take over in the middle of the match have All-Star AI or something?
Ran into some PC players that were seemingly exploiting it. One would leave so that the AI takes over, which would then score on us with its All-Star aim and then rejoin. Over and over. It was pretty ridiculous lol

How come no one plays 1v1 ranked? I keep getting paired up with rookies.
I don't know, but that's probably what I'll jump into after work. Hit Pro in doubles with a friend though.

I need to add more Gaffers, that was fun.

Steam name's the same as my name here for those who want to play this weekend or compete on leaderboards.

Was probably one of many aspects.

Think about it. If 50,000 people are online concurrently, then at various points several thousands of them will be polling the servers to access player number. Now ramp up the concurrent players to 80,000.

Yup that's what killed Driveclubs servers too essentially.

Does the AI that take over in the middle of the match have All-Star AI or something?
Ran into some PC players that were seemingly exploiting it. One would leave so that the AI takes over, which would then score on us with its All-Star aim and then rejoin. Over and over. It was pretty ridiculous lol
Shouldn't be an issue really. Even all-star bots are easy and predictable.

Shouldn't be an issue really. Even all-star bots are easy and predictable.

Not when they drop in and out of a match at a team's will at the most opportune times. They have a penchant for hitting shots perfectly when given the chance. It was clear they were doing it intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom