• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I manage to get a game going I'm really impressed by the netcode. Even against players with ~100 ping it feels as smooth as playing against bots, and at least in other games I'm usually pretty sensitive to latency.

Hasney

Just carried my team in doubles into overtime, the only points the other guy got was for one cross. Then I let him zoom after the ball even though he spawned in goal and he scores from kick off!

Yep. Next thing that's pissing me off is my teammates hitting me when I have a shot setup and a sure goal, or them knocking the ball away. They chase the ball no matter what and just want to score for themselves.
Thats why its nice to have voice chat going on, you can communicate. So many times online with randoms I have the perfect line set up for a goal and they will come rushing in and smack the ball way out of the way. Im like "I got it I got it!!! FUUUUUU!!!"

I also dont like when the guy at back doesnt play D.

Whatever though its still fun AF.

Afrodium

Banned
WHY AM I SO BAD AT THIS GAME

I constantly over jump or underestimate the bounce of the ball and miss :(

Anyone got any tips?

Just keep playing and you'll get it. This is completely normal for someone just starting out. There's really nothing to read that will make you better at timing your jumps and tracking the ball. You've just got to play more until you understand how your the car handles and can better predict where the ball will go.

Hasney

Was queueing for ranked doubles, game kinda hung then we all blew up and we came back picking teams and going 3 on 2.

Need to stop playing ranked doubles on my own. I want to leave the match as soon as I see my teamate fly forwards when he spawns behind me.

Ferr986

So I do a shot frrom far, going directly to goal (no goalkeeper). Then a teammate decides he should be the one scoring, so he intercepts my shoot, quick the ball.... and miss.

Been a while since I yelled that much to a TV.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
How high does rank get? I am at 780ish and seem to only get 10 or so rank points a win now.

Some weird issues with rank.

I lost 2-4 when 1v3 the whole game and lost more points than if i just forfeited.

I won 1v2 and somehow still lost points.

Rank should be streak based. As in you only gain or lose if you win or lose in consecutive games.

Hasney

How high does rank get? I am at 780ish and seem to only get 10 or so rank points a win now.

Some weird issues with rank.

I lost 2-4 when 1v3 the whole game and lost more points than if i just forfeited.

I won 1v2 and somehow still lost points.

Rank should be streak based. As in you only gain or lose if you win or lose in consecutive games.

You get less points depending on the skill of the opponent.

You get less points depending on the skill of the opponent.

Im curious if the score difference and game points matter too

They need to adjust for quitters, and depending on when they quit (first minute quitter vs. Last 20 seconds quitter)

Would like to see a penalty for ranked: a major time out or total ban for an entire season for really persistent quitters.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's so strange sitting down to play and actually being able to, not sure I can get used to this!: D

aravuus

This is it, I've reached my peak. I will absolutely never get a better score than this. I'm artu, playing online with a friend (jaceq)

c1fc09d5e6.jpg

e: also this was literally like the fifth match my friend played EVER

Oogedei

This is it, I've reached my peak. I will absolutely never get a better score than this. I'm artu, playing online with a friend (jaceq)

c1fc09d5e6.jpg

e: also this was literally like the fifth match my friend played EVER

What was the other team doing? No saves, no shot attempts nothing haha

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Noticing bots aren't always getting replaced mid match, and I doubt there's a lack of players.

Hasney

Normally 650 points in doubles wouldn't match me up with someone that sits at the enemies boost and doesn't move the entire game.

I've got over that and oh yes it does. I think they've turned off the similar skill ranking today to make games easier to find and allow the DB. On 761 and I'm being paired with and against people who are clearly doing My First Rocket League game.

DrkSage

This game is fucking fun, like holy shit... What a gem!

I've n notice that people online only do the same button presses, jump boost and speed boost thats it. They don't use other things like double, jump+speed boost=flying or power slide.

So, over in the Giant Bomb thread, they've all gotten into TrackMania again. Their big thing seems to be the custom music playlists that people have built into their tracks. A thought occurred to me, we can essentially do that same thing with Rocket League by using the Spotify app on PS4. Since playlists can be shared, does anyone (or will anyone) have a specific Rocket League specific Spotify playlist?

Trace

Banned
I've got over that and oh yes it does. I think they've turned off the similar skill ranking today to make games easier to find and allow the DB. On 761 and I'm being paired with and against people who are clearly doing My First Rocket League game.

Must be, because the other day I was getting solid players.

Just had a similar game with in 3v3 dude had 20 pts, never saw him hit the ball, would drive from boost point to boost point.

At least something to curb on bad team play like a reporting system would be welcome.

So, over in the Giant Bomb thread, they've all gotten into TrackMania again. Their big thing seems to be the custom music playlists that people have built into their tracks. A thought occurred to me, we can essentially do that same thing with Rocket League by using the Spotify app on PS4. Since playlists can be shared, does anyone (or will anyone) have a specific Rocket League specific Spotify playlist?

The RL OST is on Spotify

If you like it, I recommend listening to Metric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom