• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I think I'm hooked on 1v1, managed to get top 30 atm, hopefully they fix the matchmaking so you play against players in your skillset.

Can't wait to play and get destroyed by the really good players :D
How do you know you are top 30?

OK I believe Twisted Metal playlist is now public.

Still don't see it (checked on PC). What's your Spotify username? Only one playlist comes up when I search for Twisted Metal and it has nothing to do with it at all. It's a playlist of 80's rock.

Edit- Are you a Spotify Premium member? Because if music is not on Spotify already (for instance there is no official Twisted Metal music on Spotify), but you have created a playlist of your personal music library, it can't be shared. It can only be played locally. I don't know if those restrictions remain after you upgrade to premium.

Vaga

So this just happened, I could barely touch the ball. That JM dude is GOAT.

11731615_1016663605033623_5154555956946204976_o.jpg

The Cowboy

Anyone on PC getting a weird graphical issue on some stadiums?, in certain stadiums it seems like there is this weird triangular shadow directly in front on my car when driving around - I'll try and grab a pic/gif of it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
After watching loads of gameplay videos I had this strange expectation that I'd pick this game up really quickly and be decent at it right away. That is not the case. Huh. These controls feel really weird. Only started playing today but yeah this is harder to play than I expected. In my first online game I did score the funniest goal though. I just barely touched the ball when someone destroyed my car and then right as I spawned again it said I scored. What? The replay showed the ball hitting he side wall and very slowly creep towards the opponents goal with apparently nobody there to stop it. Alrighty then. Yay!

Ugh. Let me check then. I did click "make public"

ALSO ROCKET LEAGUE IS THE TOP POST ON REDDIT!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/3cwyah/this_is_probably_the_most_sexy_save_i_will_ever/

Did you see my edit. That might be why I can't see your playlist.

GAME OF THE FOREVER

This generation's WarHawk... But I still want WarHawk PS4 :(

While it's by no means a perfect solution, you can rent it via PS Now on PS4 right now. Unfortunately it's just the vanilla game meaning the three awesome DLC packs (Dropship, APC, Jetpacks) can't be accessed. It's a weird PS Now thing regarding DLC.

Hasney

Are the servers laggy as fuck for anyone else?

2 out of the last 3 matches I just played were unplayable and the other one had some lag. Been fine all day until then.

EDIT: Thinking about it, they've been up longer than any other time. They might need a reboot :p

Saw your edit. Maybe it takes time to show up

Anywho, NBA Street Vol also is a great playlist for this game. That game was the last best FUN sports game for me, so the music is fun too

The Cowboy

Anyone on PC getting a weird graphical issue on some stadiums?, in certain stadiums it seems like there is this weird triangular shadow directly in front on my car when driving around - I'll try and grab a pic/gif of it.

This is what I'm talking about.
shadowaeb09.gif

It only seems to happen on a couple of the stadiums, or at least its only noticeable on a couple.

I've tried changing every effect on and off, forcing AF via CCC, disabling AA, forcing AA - no matter what this visual issue persists.

Ark

2 out of the last 3 matches I just played were unplayable and the other one had some lag. Been fine all day until then.

EDIT: Thinking about it, they've been up longer than any other time. They might need a reboot :p

Oh god. I don't even want to imagine the havoc that would wreak :(

I want an option to join a playlist that will NOT start with AIs.

Nothing like 5 people joining an 8 player match, seeing two AIs will be on the enemy team as opposed to one on your own, and then watching the AIs score a combined 7 goals.

Is that supposed to be fun?

Git Gud and all that, but come on. If I wanted to be destroyed by AIs I'd play season on the toughest difficulty.

My last game had two invisible cars. Kinda makes it awkward to play when you don't know where other people are.

PC? Server issue, glitch, or hackers?

Thank you!

Is there no way to see them outside of the game?

What do you mean?

I can't type anything in the chat, while I was chatting normally two days ago at launch. Is it a server issue ? Does that work for anybody ?

Same for me. Quick chat works okay

Not to do with sleep mode either, since people will suggest that to be the issue

I was watching Danny O'Dwyer's Rocket League stream yesterday (he loved it), but one thing he said was interesting. He kind of wished, like real soccer, there were two halves. When the timer ran out, he thought it was half-time, not the end of the game. Would anyone like it if they made it two halves (maybe with half-time highlights?)?

I was watching Danny O'Dwyer's Rocket League stream yesterday (he loved it), but one thing he said was interesting. He kind of wished, like real soccer, there were two halves. When the timer ran out, he thought it was half-time, not the end of the game. Would anyone like it if they made it two halves (maybe with half-time highlights?)?

5 min is perfect in my opinion.

And splitting those 5 minutes would be bad

Game has a great flow as is. 10 min is too long. 5 minute is a great bite sized game that begs you wanting more

Overtime also extends some games nicely

Nah man go for it!

I dont know if I should just release the footage or add commentary and potentially ruin it lol. Gonna give it a shot

I wanna be a Rocket League star. You should link me your youtube man. You're making the better content for the masses, Im pretty excited to follow you veterans

Anyone one playing ranked? I'm getting matched up with bots on the other team.

Gonna guess this is a servee thing that'll be lifted soon.

Im hoping they get some things together for the first season next month. Im talking quit penalty.

I also think the best way to play ranked is with a teammate, as that's the easiest solution to dealing with adjusting points for teammates who have quitters on their team

I wouldnt ban solo players from ranked, but I wouldnt expect Psyonix to do anything about adjusting things. Sounds too complicated

Id rather see quitters get serious time outs and season bans.

I wish teammates had better sense than to center the ball on their own goal and play it back in their own half

My problem is I center the ball only to turn around to watch the ball go right past the front of the goal with no one around to make a play on it. If I see the ball in the corner and I have a teammate there I hang out in front of the gaol waiting for it possibly crossing. Ransoms can be about as aimless as boys at times but way more unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom