• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cowboy

KzbR6w.gif

Love this game, pulling off an epic save feels so good.

tumblr_mc3hhl9Hjh1qe1x8qo1_400.gif

That was great, a very nice save indeed.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
598 now in 3v3 but I can't find any games most of the time. These server problems are getting ridiculous, it's day 5 after launch.

Vary up the servers you search for. I've been getting right in without issue on US east.

Yep, it seems that way. I understand making occasional misjudgements, but it is a bit dispiriting when you square up to take a shot or clear the ball and a teammate swoops in going the wrong way.

J-Skee

Man, had some GREAT matches online just now. Except for one where someone qyit & the AI took over in the other team & completely wiped us 7 goals straight. Like, WTF? Had a Hat Trick in that match too.

Otherwise, waiting for more players now. GAF, waddup?!

Also, don't mad at me if I do silly things, I'm still getting a feel for the game.

Auctopus

Might take a break from the game until they start sanctioning quitters. The amount of people that just bail in a game even when you're winning is infuriating.

Ardenyal

matchmaking seems a bit messed up at the moment. Just had a 2v4 match in ranked. Won it but I hope its not a regular occurance.

Xater

I feel like an idiot asking this, but how do you do the fast front flip? Whenever I try I seem to need to jump the car first and then flip it, the animation takes a lot longer than the one in your gif though.

Push the stick forward and douple tap X really fast?

I feel like an idiot asking this, but how do you do the fast front flip? Whenever I try I seem to need to jump the car first and then flip it, the animation takes a lot longer than the one in your gif though.

Just double tap x, and make sure your left analogue stick us pointing up.Your second flip will start as soon as you press x the second time.

Sigh, finally got into another ranked 3v3, we get to 6-1 and 2 opponents leave. I felt sorry for the guy that stayed untill the end. Please Psyonix, put some penalty in place against quitters.

Theecliff

Banned
part of me feels like i won't be good enough to pop online, other part of me has absolutely fucking had it with the ai for the moment and just wants to play against players that might have some semblance of logic behind their actions

i swear to god the teammate ai is several leagues stupider then the the opposing team's ai, or at least that's what i'm assuming from playing on pro mode. just lost a match in a season because with 1 min to go my ai teammate scores an absolute belter... into the back of our own fucking net. fuming rn

part of me feels like i won't be good enough to pop online, other part of me has absolutely fucking had it with the ai for the moment and just wants to play against players that might have some semblance of logic behind their actions

i swear to god the teammate ai is several leagues stupider then the the opposing team's ai, or at least that's what i'm assuming from playing on pro mode. just lost a match in a season because with 1 min to go my ai teammate scores an absolute belter... into the back of our own fucking net. fuming rn

Trust me, there's plenty of people from all skill levels playing online, don't be afraid to hop on. :)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Downloaded this last night.

Played one match with bots to warm up

Went online 4v4, won 8-0

Best game ever!

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Man, had some GREAT matches online just now. Except for one where someone qyit & the AI took over in the other team & completely wiped us 7 goals straight. Like, WTF? Had a Hat Trick in that match too.

Otherwise, waiting for more players now. GAF, waddup?!

Also, don't mad at me if I do silly things, I'm still getting a feel for the game.

I alternate between pulling off amazing feats of geometrical calculation and aeronautical maneuvering, and rocketing into the wall/ceiling/floor.

Oogedei

Some bots are like sharpshooters online and some are just so bad. I hope that this will be fixed one day. It's hilarious when the bots on your team don't even manage to get the ball out of your half but the bots on the other team score like 6 goals.

steelersrock01

Neo Member
I know that playing online doesn't add to your stats (saves, km driven etc) but does anyone know if it still tracks them? I got the trophy for getting 20 saves though my stats screen says I only had 14. Does it do the same for km driven? Can anyone with the trophy confirm that you can get it through playing online?

Theecliff

Banned
anyone wanna play online? i am absolutely done with single player for the moment, having to deal with the ai any longer will probably give me an aneurism. fair warning, i haven't played online yet and i wouldn't call myself particularly good at the game

my PSN is the same name as on here

In the little bit I watched Kronovi's stream yesterday, he said he's been playing SARPBC for 6 years. I think that's a pretty good testament to the potential depth here.

I've got some errands to run but I would love to play with you folks from last night (Nestled_Grizzly and hillsighed) again today. It's extremely fun with randoms but when you've got a full premade team, the game really shines.

Iced

Had a player AFK for a couple of minutes of the match. Do they idle out eventually? If there isn't already, I think a system needs to be put in place where if no input is detected after X amount of time (1 minute?), you're booted.

zonq

Rocket League ‏@RocketLeague 23s23 seconds ago

We are bringing more servers online as fast as possible to reduce the current matchmaking delays, particularly in the EU.

Let's hope that doesn't take the whole day so we can play this weekend :c

Had a player AFK for a couple of minutes of the match. Do they idle out eventually? If there isn't already, I think a system needs to be put in place where if no input is detected after X amount of time (1 minute?), you're booted.

At least in the beta you got kicked for AFK super fast.. once I think I drank some water quickly from a bottle or something, or got the TV remote and I was kicked when I got backed to the game.. something like this, I think it was way shorter than that, at least in beta. No idea what the idle kick time currently is

hydruxo

I think somebody from Psyonix said on here yesterday that you get kicked for idling after 15 seconds

So if the person in your game didn't get kicked, they might've been just barely moving the analog sticks to avoid getting booted

BraXzy

WHY AM I SO BAD AT THIS GAME

I constantly over jump or underestimate the bounce of the ball and miss :(

Anyone got any tips?

Hasney

WHY AM I SO BAD AT THIS GAME

I constantly over jump or underestimate the bounce of the ball and miss :(

Anyone got any tips?

Most people do at first. It eventually just clicks, but search the thread for the recommended camera settings, that helped a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom