• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Legacy |OT| My Great, Great, Great Uncle Who?

ScOULaris

Has anyone been able to get controller support working on the demo? I have my controller plugged in, but it's not defaulting to it.

Shaneus

It was automatic for my wireless xbox360 controller.
Same, I had no problems. Just had to make sure that my wireless 360 pad was powered up and connected before firing up the game. Maybe ScOULaris needs to check that he doesn't have multiple controllers configured and it's defaulting to the first (possibly virtual) device.

Daylight

Finished the demo today. If I had found out about this game one day earlier I could've gotten in on the sale. Oh well, don't mind paying a little extra for a great game.

Jørdan

Has anyone been able to get controller support working on the demo? I have my controller plugged in, but it's not defaulting to it.
What kind of controller are you using, is it show as enabled in your devices connected to the OS? I'm using a PS1 controller via a USB thingy, if the suggestions above don't help you could try http://www.xpadder.com and emulate the keyboard controls as I am. Game didn't detect my connection either but Xpadder works great.

ScOULaris

This is so friggin' weird. I am using a DualShock3 with the MotionInjoy drivers. I have had this setup for years with no problems, and I just tested it with a few other games successfully.

The demo simply won't allow me to use my controller! Even if I just use Joy2Key to emulate the key presses, it still somehow doesn't work only in the demo. As soon as I exit the demo and go to something else, my controller inputs are recognized.

This is driving me crazy because playing this game on the keyboard sucks!

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Yeah, release will probably be around 1:00 EST tomorrow. I don't think I've ever seen a midnight release on Steam for a low-profile indie game like this.

ShaneB

Oh man, the concept seemed cool to me, but the QL was nice, and then I checked out the demo, and now I want the full game!
3AQmK.gif

Stoze

This is so friggin' weird. I am using a DualShock3 with the MotionInjoy drivers. I have had this setup for years with no problems, and I just tested it with a few other games successfully.

The demo simply won't allow me to use my controller! Even if I just use Joy2Key to emulate the key presses, it still somehow doesn't work only in the demo. As soon as I exit the demo and go to something else, my controller inputs are recognized.

This is driving me crazy because playing this game on the keyboard sucks!

I've tried the demo with a normal logitech usb controller, ps3 controller with motionjoy, and both with JoyToKey and none of them work with the game (have never had JoyToKey not work before). Really frustrating, hopefully I can figure it out tomorrow, because yeah, it feels god awful on a keyboard.

elfinke

What's the deal with the picture rooms? Like this one:

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bpb8Id6h.png[/IMG]

Is there some secret that i am not seeing?

I've come across two or three of these in the demo and haven't bothered to work out what they are either. I've avoided googling for an answer, too.

Can't wait for the release!

ScOULaris

I've tried the demo with a normal logitech usb controller, ps3 controller with motionjoy, and both with JoyToKey and none of them work with the game (have never had JoyToKey not work before). Really frustrating, hopefully I can figure it out tomorrow, because yeah, it feels god awful on a keyboard.

I emailed the developer about it last night. Hopefully the full version won't have this problem.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Yeah, I was worried about the humble keys taking too long. It isn't up on the Steam Store yet, so preorderers are getting a head start. My download should be done in less than a minute.

Top Bottom