• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Legacy |OT| My Great, Great, Great Uncle Who?

Oneironaut

Neo Member
From what I played in the demo there were just secret walls you can walk through. You can see the break in the wall tiles.

I've found a couple of fairy chest rooms without any of the secret walls. The only way I could see to get to the enemies they wanted me to kill would be if there's a skill that teleports you a few feet forward.

Alboreo

Now that I've started to play each class differently (appropriately) I'm really beginning to appreciate the game.

Item Box

Made it from the start of the castle to the forest boss in one run. Hedgehog's curse really screwed me over during the fight, as my rings money would scatter all over the place turning the boss fight into a mad dash to get my coins back before I eventually died.

Man, this game is tough as nails. My first roguelike or whatever they're called :p
The devs refer to the game as a rogue-lite(since technically you don't lose everything), so this game is a good starting point for new players to the genre :)

I unlocked the Barbarian but how do I choose it? On the family tree list I see none with the ability to be one.

It's random, you're gonna have to keep dying until you see it when you select a new character.

Jobbs

Banned
Just started playing this.

fairychest.jpg

Um.. Okay? I'll get right on that.

Seriously, though, there must be some ability I don't have yet and this room is not possible on this run. Right?

Volodja

Seriously, though, there must be some ability I don't have yet and this room is not possible on this run. Right?
Yes.
Quite a few of the fairy chest rooms are like that.

After you buy access to the Enchantress, you'll be able to buy abilities for your character that you find when opening chests.

Jobbs

Banned
Game is really fun. I seem to get gay characters a lot. LOL. I keep telling them it gets better.

The game is tough as nails at this point, which I like. It's addicting, I keep wanting to play another run and see if I can do better.

Is it just me, or is dwarfism a really good trait to have? It seems like I'm harder to hit.

Just got done killing the first boss and I'm really enjoying the game so far. I love the characters turning animation when you get the can't see in 3D trait.

NIN90

An interesting trait is Dementia.

You find areas all over the castle with information on their past games.

That is all fine and dandy until one of those giant portaits turns violent on your ass in that tiny ass room and totally fucks your shit up.

Man. I just woke up and saw that I had the preorder key waiting for me. Unfortunately I have to go to work now. Damn you real life!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Jørdan;66783521 said:
No unfortunately, the save files aren't compatible.

Oh well, worth picking up regardless of lost progress if only for that proud-as-fuck running animation. Whoever made that should be proud.

Jobbs

Banned
NOPE
iGpiFkS9jxxrN.gif

Got every class upgraded, but that Ninja class is elusive since you need 500 coins in one run. Also, lock that shit down!

HOOLLLY FUCKING SHIT I "noped" at that exact room (two giant skeletons) and wanted to make a gif out of it, but was too lazy.

Shaneus

NOPE
iGpiFkS9jxxrN.gif

Got every class upgraded, but that Ninja class is elusive since you need 500 coins in one run. Also, lock that shit down!
This game is fucking made for gifs like that. Perfect.

Oh well, worth picking up regardless of lost progress if only for that proud-as-fuck running animation. Whoever made that should be proud.
Damn fucking straight. I absolutely love it. Even imagining the main guy (Arthur?) in Ghosts 'n' Goblins with a similar gait makes me smile uncontrollably.

rybrad

So much for willpower. Cracked and bought it, even it does feel a bit weird to pay "full price" for a game.
You will get your money's worth! I got the demo the day they launched pre-orders and put a shitload of time into it; the full game is even better.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Jesus how many thousands of hours do they think people are going to play this for?

75 levels of health, attack and magic? Wut?

W u t ?

ShaneB

You will get your money's worth! I got the demo the day they launched pre-orders and put a shitload of time into it; the full game is even better.

Oh I have no doubt, I certainly love the game, and it looks to be a success, so I imagine there will be lots of post-release support as well.

Blair

Banned
Damn spent the whole evening in the demo. Gonna buy the full game tommorow. The game is basically engineered to be addictive lol.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've been lvl 37 for over 2 hours now. I'm kinda regretting buying this, the whole charon mechanic is awful. I don't have the time or will to get good enough at this to somehow progress. I literally can't buy anything now.

Top Bottom