• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Legacy |OT| My Great, Great, Great Uncle Who?

aravuus

Wow, honestly didn't expect it to get posted on time. Now to the installing!

Haha yeah, also positively surprised, I was sure it'd be pushed back at least a half an hour or something.

Awesome, here I go!

e: lmao the game doesn't launch and my pc won't recognize the x360 controller, what a fucking timing. rebooting.........

Now my 360 controller isn't working either :(

Edit* Restart fixed it!

And oh wow, Deadzone options. Maybe they were in the demo but I just now noticed them. That's awesome more games need to have that feature.

Morphis

Just bought it, the GB QL sold me on it. Waiting on the install, excited to play :)

Edit: glad I bought it through their site instead of through Steam. 11,50 euros vs 13,99 euros.

aravuus

Mine started working almost right away after my edit

BUT YESSS it is good and now I'm very happy I forced myself to keep my hands off the demo

e: can't remember if runes and equipment even were at the demo, but do they stick with your heirs or do you have to buy them again every time you die?

Now my 360 controller isn't working either :(

Edit* Restart fixed it!

And oh wow, Deadzone options. Maybe they were in the demo but I just now noticed them. That's awesome more games need to have that feature.

I was just about to ask if the full game had better controls than the demo. Hated those corridors with spikes on the floor and ceiling with the platforms you have to stab downward to open.

ShaneB

I'm so spoiled, so seeing a 15$ price tag now makes me hesitant :( I know it's certainly worth that, etc etc, but it's more than I'm use to paying, or maybe it's psychological, not even a launch price sale (I missed the sale ordering directly from them) darn it.

mitheor

I´m loving it so much :3

WdNHTiM.png

Nabs

I'm so spoiled, so seeing a 15$ price tag now makes me hesitant :( I know it's certainly worth that, etc etc, but it's more than I'm use to paying, or maybe it's psychological, not even a launch price sale (I missed the sale ordering directly from them) darn it.

Don't feel bad. Seeing a discount (any discount) helps push me over the edge.

FrankCaron

Gold Member
Fun fact: This game's designer did lead design on Gaucamelee. I think GAF will appreciate the man like he deserves as a result.

rybrad

I didn't realize this was going to have Steam achievements, now I am going to have to get all of them. Not a fan of no descriptions on them though.

aravuus

I didn't realize this was going to have Steam achievements, now I am going to have to get all of them. Not a fan of no descriptions on them though.

Just noticed this myself, and I agree. Got an achievement called "Atelophobia" and I have no idea why

Aaron

Love it. Already put an hour into it. While all the upgrade stuff is cool and keeps opening up more and more variety, I'd be content just playing a normal platformer that plays this good. Everything in the game feels just right. It's giddy fun.

Yeah, I think it's a little steep as well. It's £12 here, which is just a bit too much for me honestly. £7.50 would be the right price range for me and I will wait for it.

ScOULaris

Anyone else having trouble getting their gamepad recognized? I have a Logitech F510.

This is in the full version? That's not a good sign. Myself and at least one other in this thread were unable to get the demo to recognize several types of controllers that are confirmed working in other games. Sounds like the issue still exists in the full version.

I emailed the devs about it, though, so hopefully we'll see a fix sometime soon. A controller is basically a requirement for this type of game.

Morphis

Yeah, I think it's a little steep as well. It's £12 here, which is just a bit too much for me honestly. £7.50 would be the right price range for me and I will wait for it.
If you buy from their site it's $15, which should be around 9 pound 90. Steam key included :)

This is in the full version? That's not a good sign. Myself and at least one other in this thread were unable to get the demo to recognize several types of controllers that are confirmed working in other games. Sounds like the issue still exists in the full version.

I emailed the devs about it, though, so hopefully we'll see a fix sometime soon. A controller is basically a requirement for this type of game.

They seem to be isolated issues. I'm using a DS3 with Motioninjoy and it works fine.

Item Box

Loving this game so far! I just wish you could bring your save data from the demo over though...

It also seems that they made the first boss a bit harder compared to the demo. You actually have to move around now in order to win, heh.

This game and I just became best friends.

I avoided the demo after watching the quick look because I knew it would be great. So far it's everything I hoped.

ShaneB

Don't feel bad. Seeing a discount (any discount) helps push me over the edge.

I'm sure I'l crack and buy it regardless, but it just feels odd to not have any discount on the steam store, even the typical 10/25% launch sale, etc. It's just a few dollars to save sure, but I'm cheap I admit it :(

demidar

Getting miniature stature and massive knockback traits sure is hilarious.

Turns out there's more areas than the four displayed on the map at the starting castle room, I think they're intermittent areas and they are dangerous as fuck.

Chris R

Is the humble bundle version of the game "2" copies? It gives you a steam key and a DRM-free version of the game, just wondering if I can give that DRM-free version to a friend after activating the steam key.

ScOULaris

They seem to be isolated issues. I'm using a DS3 with Motioninjoy and it works fine.

Well, for those of us that have experienced it, it means we can't use our controllers to play the game. Isolated or not, that's happening to multiple people and it's a serious bug.

Is the humble bundle version of the game "2" copies? It gives you a steam key and a DRM-free version of the game, just wondering if I can give that DRM-free version to a friend after activating the steam key.

You can "give" the DRM-free version of the game to as many people as you want, really. It's not legal, but there's nothing stopping you from doing it. If you want to give the game to your friend, you should buy them a copy.

Mugaaz

This game and I just became best friends.

I avoided the demo after watching the quick look because I knew it would be great. So far it's everything I hoped.

I played the demo like 20 mins, immediately shut it off. Knew I was gonna buy it, why play more?

Wunder

God damn. I played the demo a lot and played with a keyboard. Played an hour of it today with my gamepad and I died like 5 times in the first room. The downward attack seems a lot harder to hit, I used to be able to chain hop on almost everyone's heads and now I just take damage and get chain hit ;;

God damn. I played the demo a lot and played with a keyboard. Played an hour of it today with my gamepad and I died like 5 times in the first room. The downward attack seems a lot harder to hit, I used to be able to chain hop on almost everyone's heads and now I just take damage and get chain hit ;;

I having a lot of trouble playing with the 360 gamepad. Feels like there is some input lag.

Even with keyboard, there are times my input doesn't register...weird.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I played that demo for like 6hours tues night lol. Demo alone is almost worth the 15bucks.

I have no concept of how much time I spent on the demo, but I did wipe my save data once and started over after beating the boss.

Can't wait till my day ends and I can go home to download this.

Enectic

Banned
The game also released today on OnLive and supports all the nifty features (spectating, clip recording, etc). If you have an OnLive or Xbox 360 controller then you can play the game right off the bat with a controller without any additional set up needed. It's available in their PlayPack (pretty much Netflix, pay $9.99 a month gives you access to all PlayPack games) or as a PlayPass for $14.99. Feel free to trial the full game here for 30 minutes. I'll definitely try it out later tonight but I've been spectating people playing it and it seems like great fun!

LOVE this game! I don't understand how to get through walls though. I'm starting to get a lot of rooms with no secret passages but chests behind walls. My character was a dwarf so I know I was small enough. I assume there must be a warp rune or something.

I prayed for help and got an item that looks like Sonic the Hedgehog, which
makes all your money fly out when you get hit. Oh that sucked.

ShaneB

LOVE this game! I don't understand how to get through walls though. I'm starting to get a lot of rooms with no secret passages but chests behind walls. My character was a dwarf so I know I was small enough. I assume there must be a warp rune or something.

From what I played in the demo there were just secret walls you can walk through. You can see the break in the wall tiles.

Top Bottom