• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

rollercoaster tycoon 2

lexbubble

I need help. I picked this game up last week and am having trouble raising and lowering the groud...any tips...

LakeEarth

If it's like one, you just get the tool for digging, go over the piece of land you want, hold the mouse button and drag up or down. The thing can be a pain in the ass, yeah.

Memles

LakeEarth said:
If it's like one, you just get the tool for digging, go over the piece of land you want, hold the mouse button and drag up or down. The thing can be a pain in the ass, yeah.

SO much wasted money in the original for me...it's a bitch.

Subitai

You guys aren't supposed to be doing insane terraforming. Just raisning or lowering a little for tunnels and stuff.

LakeEarth

Subitai said:
You guys aren't supposed to be doing insane terraforming. Just raisning or lowering a little for tunnels and stuff.

Oh come on... haven't you made a mountain as high as it can go, with a rollercoaster on it as high as it can go (which is pretty fricken high) and just steep drop them all the way down. Then when they reach ungodly speeds, have them go through the most sharp turns insanely fast and then brake on a dime.... and see the intensity meter be like 90 or smoething.

Subitai

LakeEarth said:
Oh come on... haven't you made a mountain as high as it can go, with a rollercoaster on it as high as it can go (which is pretty fricken high) and just steep drop them all the way down. Then when they reach ungodly speeds, have them go through the most sharp turns insanely fast and then brake on a dime.... and see the intensity meter be like 90 or smoething.
It's only a one time thing and it isn't practical even in the parks where they like intensity over 9.

It's like setting the speed up on the launch-shuttle coasters and watching them crash. Novelty wears off fast.

lexbubble

the thing i don't get...is i can make it go up and down- but what about making angled sides? i can't do that...

Ranger X

depends. With different kinds of Coasters you do different things. When you built it you have to consider the environnement around. Sometimes you can't built something and it's because of the envirronnement around or under it.

If you have a hard time playing this game, you definetly go on the forum of it's official site, you'll get more info and tips than here i suppose. Browse fan websites too, some are very cool.

http://www.rollercoastertycoon2.com/

lexbubble

Yikes - I am a dummy- I didn't even know that they had official forums. Thanks so much. On the same note - I saw that there is another game coming out by the same guy- called Locomotion. If I start to figure this game out more and continue to like it I think a transportation version of it could be pretty cool....is rollercoaster tycoon alot like transport tycoon - i have only played the later

Ranger X

Next November there's RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 coming out dude and you don't wanna play ANYTHING ELSE believe me!!!
The beast is fucking 3d with a "ride you coasters" option, a "walk everywhere in your park in first person view" mode, night and day, new coasters, more 6 flags parks, completley redone employees managing, etc etc etc etc....

lexbubble

i just downloaded the demo...should have done the tutorial..kinda confused. did anyone else download the locomotion demo and can give me advice. currently i have a ship that makes a circle around the island with no people and a bus that takes people to the ship, but that isn't picking people up - in fact i can't find the people in my town anywhere...arhg.

shoplifter

Subitai said:
It's like setting the speed up on the launch-shuttle coasters and watching them crash. Novelty wears off fast.

It does?

My favorite was always setting up two shuttle launchers and having them cross paths in midair.

lexbubble

heh!

ok..well i thought i would. sahre, it really helps to watch the tutorail (i am dumb) and now I know what I am doing for sure. I just set up two bus routes - they almost crashed...yikes..

Top Bottom