• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Round Four of the The NeoGAF N/A Hearthstone Superstar Open Challenge Season One!

Fixed1979

Welcome to round four of The NeoGAF Hearthstone Superstar Open Challenge Season One!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT UPDATES:

Round One matches should be completed June 12th @ 2PM EST

Tournament has started! (06/05/15)
Signups are now closed! (06/05/15)

Rule 4 has been updated; Round One has been extended to a one week duration, games in this round must be completed by noon Friday June 12th. After round one we will revert to the 3 day limit on each round.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the "back 9" of the season. Things are tight at the top of the leader board and with 3 rounds left to play and lots of points left to hand out I expect some crazy shit to go down.

As always, if you haven't played in rounds 1-3 feel free to signup for this round (or any of the next ones as well. There's still lots of points on the table, you'll get to add some good players to your friends list and hopefully have some fun just playing the game.

If something isn't clear in the rules please ask. In the end it'll be my interpretation that matters so ask now and there won't be any surprises.

The Tournament Rules

1. Tournament structure is single elimination.
2. All rounds are best of 5.
3. Decks can be modified between all matches.
Please try to limit the amount of time you spend modifying your deck, it really shouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes.
4. Round One will last 7 days, after which every round advancement is 72 hours from the completion of the previous round. Three days should be more than enough time to play your games, I know shit happens, but if you contact your opponent on the first day things should work themselves out. Please don’t put me in a position to make a call on who advances without actually having a match played.
5. All games must be played on North America server.
6. A match draw will be considered a victory by both players. If this causes their bracket series to end in a draw a single tie breaker will decide the winner.
7. If it’s been determined that a player knowingly went against any tournament rule they may be disqualified from the tournament.
8. Previously disqualified or “problematic” players may be refused entry into future tournaments.

9. Results must be posted in this thread by the winner. It hasn’t been an issue in the past, but I’d obviously recommend taking a screenshot of the match result, or even better record the match.
10. Entries must be submitted by Thursday June 4th midnight EST. To enter just post your BattleNet ID in this thread along with your chosen classes.
11. First cards can be played Friday, June 5th at 2:00PM EST (or whenever the bracket goes up) As rounds progress feel free to contact your next opponent once your match for the next round has been posted
12. Battle Net down time greater than 12 hours will extend round advancement 24 hours.
13. Rules are subject to change.
14. The next tournament is will be scheduled to begin the fourth Friday from the completion of this tournament. I'll post the date in this thread once the tournament is over. The thread will go up one week in advance with signups closing midnight Thursday before the tournament starts. Obviously, this is subject to change, depending on scheduling conflicts
15. Points will be awarded to all tournament players and will be based on their tournament finish as ranked by the Challonge website. Point structure can be found here
16. When players tie in tournament rankings, points for all tied player positions will be pooled and distributed evenly amongst the tied players rounding down to the nearest half point.
17. The first season will comprise of six tournaments, with the top six players based on point standings receiving invites to an invitational tournament.
18. In the event a player is unable to accept their invite to the final tournament the next player in the point standings will be given an invitation.
19. In order to participate in the season tournaments and invitational final you must be a NeoGAF member with posting privileges. If you're in the top six when the finals come around and your account is banned, your invitation will be given to another player.
20. Any round bys will be given to the seasons point leaders, any additional by’s will be determined by RNG.
21. Any players tied in the season point standings at the start of the round will have their tournament seed determined by RNG.
22. Prizes will be awarded for each tournament and are distributed via Payal

1st Place - $30.00
2nd Place - $20.00
3rd Place - $10.00

23. This month’s special rule:

Last Hero Standing
Before the tournament sign-up cutoff time (Thursday June 4th midnight EST) each player must submit three heroes that they will use throughout the tournament. Each round will start with a player selecting one of their three submitted heroes to play. When a player loses a game that hero can no longer be used for the remaining games in the round. The winning player is free to switch heroes if they wish to do so.

If anyone is planning on streaming or recording their matches and wants to share, post the links and I'll update the OP with your information. I'd certainly be interesting in watching a few of the games and I'm sure others would as well. If you’re in the finals and are not able to stream or capture I may ask that the two players who make the finals add me as friends on Battle.net so I can capture on this end. This is just a request so if you’re not comfortable with me capturing your game or don’t want me as a friend then feel free to say no.

Current entries:
Entries not confirmed until 3 heroes are posted.

(1) ZZMitch / ZZMitch#1697 - Mage, Warlock, Hunter
(2) LiveWire / LiveWire#1441 - Warrior, Warlock, Mage
(3) manhack / manhack #1706 - Warrior, Hunter, Warlock
(4) Xanathus / xanathus#6279 - Warrior, Hunter, Warlock
(5) Soka / Soka#- Warrior, Hunter, Priest
(8) JesseZao / CosmicZJ#1130 - Warrior, Warlock, Hunter
(9) paperboywriter / Gringoros#2385 - Hunter, Druid, Rogue
(11) squidyj / squidyj#1124 - Warrior, Hunter, Warlock
(12) Special C / SpecialC#1902 - Mage, Warrior, Hunter
(14) centracore / centracore#1918 -
(15) Slashlen / Slashlen#1262 - Priest, Warrior, Hunter
(18) hutna / Hutna#1290 - Warrior, Mage, Warlock
(18) FutureZombie / TurnipKnight#1599 - Shaman, Mage, Warlock
(22) Ashodin / Ashodin#1707 - Paladin, Mage, Warlock
(24) gutshot / gutshot#1114 - Druid, Hunter, Warrior
(27) Gatekeeper / Z3R05UM#1903 - Warlock, Mage, Priest
(27) Mazre / Mazre#1960 - Warrior, Paladin, Mage
(34) _DrMario_ / TouchOfGrey#1548 - Warrior, Warlock, Mage
(37) suaveric / MrMister#1886 - Paladin, Warlock Druid
(37) Procarbine / procarbine#1133 - Mage, paladin, warlock
(41) bunbun777 / bunbun777#1870 - Warrior, Hunter, Warlock
(N/A) Heyo_Rockbreaker / Heyo#1304 - Warrior, Mage, Hunter
(N/A) Ocho / ocho#1833 - Hunter, Warior, Mage
(N/A) Dahbomb / DantheBadass#1260 - Warlock, Druid, Hunter
(N/A) TheChewyWaffles / ChewyWaffles#1317 - Warlock, Druid, Hunter
(N/A) Victory Red / NJ Shlice#1148 - Mage, Paladin, Warlock
(N/A) Phreaker / Phreaker#1886 - Mage, Druid, Priest
(N/A) Grayfox341 / Grayfox#1257 - Warrior, Mage, Warlock
(N/A) KuroNeeko / candyFrog#1327 - Rogue, Priest, Druid
(N/A) 1.09 / Fruitpeeler#1293 - Mage, Priest, Warrior
(N/A) Freakinchair / Freakinchair#1812 - Warlock, Warrior, Paladin

Season One Standings:
8UPvrnP.jpg

Spreadsheet

Round One Bracket - Round One Thread
Round Two Bracket - Round Two Thread
Round Three Bracket - Round Three Thread
Round Four Bracket - Round Four Thread

Dahbomb

I missed the 3 of this for some reason but I am checking in for this one.

Battle tag: DantheBadass#1260

Warlock, Druid, Hunter

Fixed1979

Updated the entry list, lots of new players which is always good to see. Not surprisingly there are already more warriors than probably the last 3 rounds combined. Sharpen your axes boys.

centracore

Count me in, I missed out on round 3 as it was taking place right around my wife's due date.

centracore#1918

edit: missed getting my picks in before the deadline, see you all next round!

Fixed1979

We're updated again. There's quite a few people who are putting off selecting their heroes (which is totally fine), just remember to have them posted before the deadline, people have been scratched in the past for not posting in time and that sucks for both me and the person getting scratched.

ZZMitch

Hey Fixed I never actually picked my heroes :p

You were close though heh. I am going to go with Mage, Warlock and Hunter.

Fixed1979

Hey Fixed I never actually picked my heroes :p

You were close though heh. I am going to go with Mage, Warlock and Hunter.

lol, shit sorry about that. I gave you LiveWires because he mentioned your name in his post...not paying close enough attention.

squidyj

oh no, you have me as warrior hunter druid, I should have made a new post about it but I edited my post before the deadline to turn druid into warlock. Can I please play warlock instead of druid?

Edit: Signups still going? i thought it was till the 2nd.

Fixed1979

oh no, you have me as warrior hunter druid, I should have made a new post about it but I edited my post before the deadline to turn druid into warlock. Can I please play warlock instead of druid?

Edit: Signups still going? i thought it was till the 2nd.

Soka

Warrior, Hunter, Priest

P.S. I found a typo in your post:

The last word should be "classes" not "class".

Mistakes have been made...

Signups are open until Midnight tonight...making the change now. I really need to pay more attention when I paste stuff in, I think that's the second time in a row...

Thank you both for the finds, though I must say I'm surprised no one has called me out on the double "the The" in the title! I am disappointed GAF, it's been there since round two!

I'll double check everyones chosen classes before the bracket goes up. The rules do say Midnight tonight but I've always been lenient here, I'll usually take classes and new entries until the bracket gets posted which is the hard cutoff.

Fixed1979

Alright, signups are closed off and we have 31 good players entered. We have ALOT of new players so I expect some surprises.

We have one player who is late submitting his heroes and I've PMd him to let him know he has until the bracket is posted. This will happen by 2:00PM EST at the latest.

A few reminders and recommendations before we get under way.

Screenshots! Take them, of your win and even at the start of each match showing the heroes selected. We've never had a dispute in the past but better safe than sorry.

Feel free to play your next match once it's posted even if you're ahead of everyone else.

If you're having trouble getting hold of your opponent for scheduling, post in this thread. When it comes time to make a decision on who advances if a match does get played, the active poster is going to win every time. We haven't really had any issues here, but something to keep in mind.

Soka recorded and did an excellent job commentating on the finals last round (the link for the video is in the round three thread which is linked in the OP). We'll likely record the finals match again a (and possibly the 3rd place match). Just something to be aware of is all. :)

Have fun out there and play nice! I'll update again when the bracket goes up.

Fixed1979

And we're underway.

Brackets are here http://challonge.com/GAFS1R4

Sorry for the delay, I've been trying to get hold of Centracore, he hasn't missed a round yet so I pushed everything back a bit. Unfortunately no response from him and now he's been scratched. Sorry bud.

LiveWire and ZZMitch get the first round bys for being so good looking, everyone else needs to fight there way into the second round bracket!

Start getting your games in! Good luck to everyone and have fun. Don't forget to post here when you're done.

EDIT: I did also want to suggest that if you're playing in the tourney to subscribe to the thread. Not only for the updates as we go along but information on round 5 will be posted in here after this one is over.

Top Bottom