• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RS6Vegas to be canned?

Ranger X

antoniogaud said:
Didn't one of the Grand Theft Auto games basically take place in a fictional version of 'Las Vegas'? For a fictional city, it sure looked a lot like the real one.

All Ubisoft has to do is rename the city into Vas Legas or something similar sounding and then everything is good to go.

How come nobody complains about the countless Cop shows based in Vegas where people get shot up every week? I guess videogames are that much more convincing than TV shows, right?

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!

Yup. Las Venturas in GTASA. And You can clearly see it's Las Vegas.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
antoniogaud said:
Didn't one of the Grand Theft Auto games basically take place in a fictional version of 'Las Vegas'? For a fictional city, it sure looked a lot like the real one.

All Ubisoft has to do is rename the city into Vas Legas or something similar sounding and then everything is good to go.

The point is it shouldn't have to change the setting's name.

Books can have assassins kill President Bush; movies can show Godzilla destroying New York. Why can't a game have terrorists in Las Vegas?

If they change the name, it's a concession that these assholes are right. And it's not really a knock to the medium's integrity that we can afford.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The Stratosphere tower even exploded in "Domino," a Keira Knightley film released in the fall."

hey, I stayed there for CES this year. I could have been killed! I'm not staying there next year.

Can anyone recommend a non-Terrorist occupied hotel for next January?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
lifestyle.jpg

What about Mars Attacks? Hu?

Top Bottom