• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Bethesda will announce Skyrim remaster at E3

HooYaH

I maintain that Skyrim is one of the most overhyped games ever made and was actually terrible on release. Hopefully mods can change that for this remaster.

Mods didn't do anything for the PC gameplay wise. The game still sucked in gameplay.

melchior_

Oh no. D:
Like a lot of people, I'm pretty sick and tired of re-releases at this point but I'd probably grab this one if it did happen. -.- Skyrim is still probably one of my top 5 favorite games of the last generation.

Stasis

Love ES and enjoyed Skyrim but I'm not interested. Mods did a lot of great work on PC so they'd have to offer a hell of a lot more than higher res and textures. The FO4 engine improvements aren't enough at all.

Besides, after TW3 I just don't see Skyrim as being competitive. Bring on a new ES title with a brand new engine and many things learned from CDPR.

oti

Banned
I figured they'd do something like this. I can't see them fill 1-2h of stage time with Dishonored 2 and their Hearthstone clone.

They ported the game to Xbox One while working on Fallout 4 as part of the exploratory dev process. It only makes sense that they would release it in order to make some money off of that work.

We have a bunch of poor remasters this gen. With this at least Bethesda didn't opt to remaster instead of making a new game.

Dalto11

Ideally it would be a Morrowind port with Oblivion and Skyrim remasters (both ported into FO4's creation engine and prettied up with mod support). I for one love Oblivion above all else. The score, the setting, the side quests all really made me feel at home in a fantasy setting. I sunk just as much time I to Skyrim but it didn't quite have the samme magic to me. I guess everyone tends to fall in love with their first game in the series though. So I really just want to see Oblivion remade to look better, and have some update mechanics (I'm looking at you walking animations and combat).

melchior_

Ideally it would be a Morrowind port with Oblivion and Skyrim remasters (both ported into FO4's creation engine and prettied up with mod support). I for one love Oblivion above all else. The score, the setting, the side quests all really made me feel at home in a fantasy setting. I sunk just as much time I to Skyrim but it didn't quite have the samme magic to me. I guess everyone tends to fall in love with their first game in the series though. So I really just want to see Oblivion remade to look better, and have some update mechanics (I'm looking at you walking animations and combat).

Eh, I dunno. My first ES game was Morrowind and it's my least favorite.

eso76

:/

I don't really see why I would replay Skyrim. Already put 120+ hours in the original.
Unless it supports mods on consoles, or it receives a huge graphical overhaul (doubtful, going by Fallot 4 graphics).

Stupid Bethesda, couldn't they remake Morrowind ??

Spman2099

Except this is literally NOT a graphics problem. The NetImmerse engine is an absolute DUMPSTER FIRE that runs like GARBAGE on modern hardware that could otherwise run Skyrim at 60FPS on Ultra - With an ENB on top.

But yeah, I agree. They shouldn't bother with that 'game' made for filthy casuals.

They should focus on remastering a real game for real gamers like Daggerfall.

/s

I'm sorry I don't like the game you like?

I think Fallout 4 is bad too. You may proceed to have another breakdown if you feel that is necessary...

They'll need to change a lot more than the graphics. While I still love Skyrim, I'll be the first to admit it hasn't aged that well with it's combat that ranges from decent to medicore.

And that's not even mentioning the awkward animations.

Galava

Skyrim remaster

No TES6 announcement

What are you doing Bethesda

XUIPb.gif

Just give us TES6 with Tamriel in all its glory.

Atomski

For fucks sake these remakes are so lame it will probably just be a PC port. I'd much rather see oblivion or Morowind remakes.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
With extensive modding, you could get a Skyrim that looks better than any remaster though...

What's the point?

The point is for some IBM guy to have a turbo charged Core i7 driving a software renderer running on something like Watson and coming in every PC exclusive thread or every thread in which fans are comparing games and shitting on everything from its 8K 120 FPS version of the game with every setting maxed no consumer PC can maintain and see how fun that'd be ;).

Seriously, while I would like to have a Morrowind remake or an HD collection that includes Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim instead, there are gamers who have yet to experience Skyrim and for the rest we can give a version that is a lot more polished, better looking, and playable than what they went through on last generation consoles.

thenexus6

As much as I love Skyrim I won't buy a remaster. Just too many other games I want to play, plus I also have it on PC which i've never jumped into yet which I can just mod.

93xfan

Banned
Awful. Just make a new one.

Yeah, remember when we got The Uncharted Collection, which stopped any new Uncharted games from being made at the same time...?

It's not an either/or situation and I'm not sure why people don't understand this yet.

I'm sorry I don't like the game you like?

I think Fallout 4 is bad too. You may proceed to have another breakdown if you feel that is necessary...

I mean, I don't wanna stir up the shit (since I'm going to bed and I won't be around to see it) but he did drop a sarcasm tag there dawg

Jamiaro

I'll buy it. Never played any of the DLC:s and never made it like 1/3 of the main plot. Did horrendous amounts of sidequesting though.

sviri

Fallout 4 forced me to put the nail in the coffin for Bethesda RPGs. I really cannot play this shit anymore. Bring on more Souls please.

gossi

It's real and includes mod support. The updated Creation Kit includes ability to upload Skyrim mods to Bethesda.net, it's just currently disabled.

The press invite to Bethesda press call has Skyrim logo on it, too.

ffvorax

I've already put enough hours on that game... I'll pass on this remaster too.

Counter of remaster purchased until now: zero.

Daffy Duck

If I could transfer over my save from the 360 to my X1 and use it on this then I might be interested as I never did complete it first time round.

WadeitOut

I got 100% of all achievements in the main game and DLC. Just not anything to bring me back. Also beat it on multiple platforms.

Atomski

Yeah, remember when we got The Uncharted Collection, which stopped any new Uncharted games from being made at the same time...?

It's not an either/or situation and I'm not sure why people don't understand this yet.
You can spin it however you want but those developers could be doing something else. They could be making a new smaller creativs IP.

It's just lame cause all these remasters feel to soon. they are hardly even "remasters" either many are just PC ports.

If they wanted t go back and remaster an earlier ES game I'd be all for it but it feels like many just played Skyrim to death not long ago.

Galava

You can spin it however you want but those developers could be doing something else. They could be making a new smaller creativs IP.

It's just lame cause all these remasters feel to soon. they are hardly even "remasters" either many are just PC ports.

If they wanted t go back and remaster an earlier ES game I'd be all for it but it feels like many just played Skyrim to death not long ago.

Exactly. Is too soon for skyrimr remaster. I'm not against remasters, but if they do it, they should go for pre-oblivion games.

Rocketz

My fiance's brother might be interested. He still plays it every so often on the 360.

Myself I'm not interested. Never had interest in the game.

Id rather have remasters of Fallout 3 and NV on PS4/XOne/PC than the PC version of Skyrim on XOne/PS4. Fallout 3 and NV is in dire need of a remaster, even on PC.

Or even better, a new Elder Scrolls game.
And what about Oblivion/Morrowind?

Top Bottom