• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Bethesda will announce Skyrim remaster at E3

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
What are you doing Bethesda

XUIPb.gif

Just give us TES6 with Tamriel in all its glory.

People expecting an Elder Scrolls 6 announcement are out of their minds. It took nearly 4 years after Skyrim's release just to get a Fallout 4 announcement. Fallout 4 came out a little more than half a year ago.

Atomski

Id rather have remasters of Fallout 3 and NV on PS4/XOne/PC than the PC version of Skyrim on XOne/PS4. Fallout 3 and NV is in dire need of a remaster, even on PC.

Or even better, a new Elder Scrolls game.
And what about Oblivion/Morrowind?
I would totally jump in on a NV remaster that fixes the bugs and updates the graphics... would be awesome.

KrebStar

Stealth and bow is pretty much the only decent way to play this game. Looking forward to replaying it.

Playing a stealth character was honestly the one thing that helped me to look past the combat system and enjoy the game.

Don't think I have it in me to replay this one, but it's nice for fans and those who missed it.

ffvorax

I would totally jump in on a NV remaster that fixes the bugs and updates the graphics... would be awesome.

Just buy the PC release and mod it?

I actually played first on PS3 -> freezed every 30 minutes...

Buyied again on PC -> loved it

I didn't mod it but i bet it's possible to mod graphic

Plasma

Banned
Hoping they do more than just port it over, would be nice to see another expansion or the engine updates from FO4 otherwise I might as well stick with the PC version.

Galava

People expecting an Elder Scrolls 6 announcement are out of their minds. It took nearly 4 years after Skyrim's release just to get a Fallout 4 announcement. Fallout 4 came out a little more than half a year ago.

Oblivion released on 2007. Skyrim released on 2011.
Fallout 3 released on 2008. New Vegas in 2010. Fallout 4 in 2015.

I don't see why Fallout 4 should delay TES6.

gossi

Hoping they do more than just port it over, would be nice to see another expansion or the engine updates from FO4 otherwise I might as well stick with the PC version.

They've moved it to the new Creation engine. Source: Todd. He said before Fallout 4, they ported everything to Xbox One.

Cool to hear about the remaster but are they going to use their own scripts the same vein as SKSE ? And i forgot FNIS too lol, love a lot of mods that used that mod. And most of the textures i know off especially Skyrim2k are huge! Yea there is the lighter textures but i'm guessing they will be adding a 2gb limit again like FO4 ?

Also i'm salty I want Obsidian to be let by Bethesda to remaster or remake New Vegas ;_;

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

Uhh.

New Vegas was made by a completely different studio.

So you have Morrowind in 2002, Oblivion in 2006, Fallout 3 in 2008, Skyrim in 2011, and Fallout 4 in 2015.

4 years between TESIII and IV
2 years between TESVI and FO3
3 years between FO3 and TESV
3 years between TESV and Fallout 4

If you're expecting TESVI to be shown at E3 I don't know how to break this to you...

Illucio

Banned

Typically the wait for a new Elder Scrolls game judging by the past few entries is between 5-6 years. So.. It's possible. I doubt they will be hosting a E3 event if they we're just announcing Skyrim HD. I'm sure ES6 is in development. But the question is whether it's being announced this year or next. I agree and highly doubt the game will be releasing this year. But an announcement isn't too far of a stretch.

Reszo

Lol i never even finished Skyrim, wish I had it in me to just tunnel vision and only do the main story stuff but I have to explore everything and do all the side stuff first. Maybe I'll try again.

Or wait for the next Elder Scrolls

KORNdoggy

this would be an easy pass for me. skyrim for me represents the fall of bethesda. they simplify and play thing safe to such an extent that their games stop being particularly compelling or enjoyable for me. skyrim and fallout 4 have been some of the more tedious games they've made, and they sit comfortably alongside other games such as dragon age inquisition which feel like more of a chore to play then their predecessors.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
This would be my dream current-gen remaster. I've been trying to keep from hoping that it will actually happen.

(please be real)

Eh, it runs on a toaster and is like 4 bucks every steam sale, i can't see any point in playing it on a remastered system where if we even get mods, it's gonna be quite restrictive.

Just give me a new TES

im_dany

Will they fix the crappy plot? Will it run again at 15 fps? Will it crash so often?

I stopped playing after about 30 hours (which are A LOT for me but I wanted to believe there was something good). The game was too broken and wasn't worth wasting my time with.

Roufianos

Could never get into this despite loving Oblivion.

I'm pretty sure part of it was due to the shitty PS3 performance so maybe I'll pick this up.

Atomski

Just buy the PC release and mod it?

I actually played first on PS3 -> freezed every 30 minutes...

Buyied again on PC -> loved it

I didn't mod it but i bet it's possible to mod graphic

I have the PC version and tons of mods.. still find bugs and such though.

I havent tried many graphic mods though so u may have a point there.

Could never get into this despite loving Oblivion.

I'm pretty sure part of it was due to the shitty PS3 performance so maybe I'll pick this up.

It was mainly due to the terrible performance on the PS3 that I could never quite enjoy this.

In the end it was all about maintaining your save file to a minimum. Putting all objects in dead enemies so, once they vanish from the realm, the items go with them thus removing several mb's from the save files.

It was ridiculous since that was the only solution.

I am definitely getting this if true.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
In the end it was all about maintaining your save file to a minimum. Putting all objects in dead enemies so, once they vanish from the realm, the items go with them thus removing several mb's from the save files.

I got really efficient at this after a while, cleaning up after myself as a I moved through a dungeon, every dropped item down to the last arrow. Also disabled every auto-save, always saved on a fresh file, and routinely cleared out my saves. It was bloody ridiculous that we had to do such things.

Playing Fallout 4 is an absolute dream in comparison. To experience Skyrim in a similar care-free fashion would be wonderful.

BouncyFrag

It was mainly due to the terrible performance on the PS3 that I could never quite enjoy this.

I am definitely getting this if true.
That's insane. I would have role-played that, for shits and giggles, Sheogorafh cursed me with this compulsion to stuff dead enemies with objects as an offering to his glory and all sweet rolls.

I loved loved loved Skyrim and I will buy this in a heartbeat. I do hope it's a graphical remaster as well and man.... perhaps improved melee? It was already feeling better in Fallout 4 compared to Skyrim.

Would be unfortunate if it's just a HD version but it still will be mine nonetheless.

Man I can't wait for E3 to begin, who knows what else Bethesda is planning. People say a TES 5 announce can't happen and I get that but you never know. They could announce that it's in development and then go right on to Skyrim remaster announce and that it releases soon.

Last year's show made sense with the full attention on Fallout 4 and Doom but what other than Dishonored 2, Skyrim remaster etc, would warrant a show?

Nere

You got everything wrong.

Oblivion was released in 2006 not 2007 and Bethesda had nothing to do with Fallout New Vegas it was made by Obsidian.

SomTervo

I'm only in if it has some substantial gameplay improvements/refinements. Like GTA V R and Uncharted NDC.

Hopefully the PC version will get the refinements patched in.

People should not get their hopes up on a TES 6 announcement anytime soon. When Bethesda announced Fallout 4 Todd Howard said about the strategy regarding the short time span between the initial unveil and the release this:

Todd Howard said:
I would like that to become the norm. I hope that the way we did it with Fallout changes how a lot of people do it, and how successful it was doing it that way. I think a lot of people are going to start doing that. That’s my hope. As a gamer, too, I want a period of time to be excited, and I don’t want that to go away. Sometimes they announce, I get so excited, ‘I want to buy this right now!’ And then, I’ve gotta wait.

Lol at people expecting a TES6 announcement. You're setting yourselves up for disappointment. We're getting an announcement/release in 2018 at the earliest, and even that seems like it's pushing it.

I still don't believe the Skyrim remaster rumors, but who knows at this point. Might even replay it, if it turns out to be true.

But after their Dishonored remaster, I'm not sure any of us should want this.

Lol at people expecting a TES6 announcement. You're setting yourselves up for disappointment. We're getting an announcement/release in 2018 at the earliest, and even that seems like it's pushing it.

I still don't believe the Skyrim remaster rumors, but who knows at this point. Might even replay it, if it turns out to be true.

But after their Dishonored remaster, I'm not sure any of us should want this.
Who's doing it will make a big difference.
Bluepoint doing it and mods being integrated or in house would be amazing.

Every remaster should just be given to Bluepoint.. (I know this is ridiculous but they're SO good).

Who's doing it will make a big difference.
Bluepoint doing it and mods being integrated or in house would be amazing.

Every remaster should just be given to Bluepoint.. (I know this is ridiculous but they're SO good).
We'll see. I'm not sold on the idea. Having mods be available day 1 would be a way to get a lot of people playing.

I still don't believe they're doing it, though. We'll see on sunday.

Top Bottom