• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Bethesda will announce Skyrim remaster at E3

Coxy100

Banned
Would get this instantly if true - my favourite game last generation and would love to play through again (a remaster).

Drazgul

Mods didn't do anything for the PC gameplay wise. The game still sucked in gameplay.

Mods can't exactly fix the vanilla quests and VA (though they can have new quests and voice acting, some of which are on par or even better than Bethesda's), but there's plenty of mods that change combat, gameplay balance and the like. I'm playing Requiem right now, in fact; the combat is far more enjoyable because it is more lethal for everyone involved. Early on when you're just starting out, even wolves and mudcrabs are difficult, and only the strongest supernatural creatures can tank a warhammer power attack to the face.

Bethesda really should do a better job with their difficulty levels; it's ridiculous how they just up the damage received and decrease damage done and call it a day.

IbukiLordSA

All I can really do is scratch my head and ask why. Skyrim was not a good game, it had some great environments and scenery but outside of that it was a terrible game. Maybe cause I played on console and never got to play the mods and such but then even so that isn't Skyrim it's a community built game. So yeah still scratching my head in confusion.

Would get New Vegas remastered. Otherwise I'm not even remotely interested. This game has not aged well. And after Witcher 3, it'd be a fight to even go back.

If they improve the engine I hope that there will be a free update for PC players.
Once you add graphical mods the game starts to shit itself and becomes incredibly CPU bound.

levyjl1988

Banned
Should have been Oblivion to be remastered. That would have been amazing, built from the ground up. Many have played Skyrim, probably not Oblivion. Hopefully our old saves work too!

Drazgul

I hope it'll be than just a port if true. If it's just a port I'm not interested since I already have it on PC.

A 64-bit executable with proper multi-threading support would be fantastic, though. Kaffeemann's completely right about the current limitations of the game.

El Topo

Should have been Oblivion to be remastered. That would have been amazing, built from the ground up. Many have played Skyrim, probably not Oblivion. Hopefully our old saves work too!

I think Oblivion would have been a good choice, given how disappointing the game was and how badly it has aged.

Shinobi never said there will be a Skyrim Remaster, god german journalism is awful.

Did you just use a German videogame website to proclaim that German journalism is awful? Really? I mean, really?

Turkoop

Banned
I think Oblivion would have been a good choice, given how disappointing the game was and how badly it has aged.

Did you just use a German videogame website to proclaim that German journalism is awful? Really? I mean, really?

in terms of videogames, yes. They're doing clickbaits like no one other.

sonny4p

If $19.99 then sure,why not. I'll just wander around in game and enjoy the scenery but thats it. The gameplay sucks with this one.

But can it survive in the shadow of Witcher 3?

For me it sure as hell can. I love both games and as great as Witcher 3 is, Bethesda always has thesw things in their games only they have. I always like exploring their game world's, the dungeons in Skyrim were awesome for example. Both games have their great things. They can coexist fine.

Would have preferred oblivion. Or morrowind. But if the remaster allows mods on consoles then we can potentially have all three so keep your fingers crossed everyone.

Remaster? As in, port of PC version at max settings? Or, if they bother adding new textures/models they should add those to the PC version too.

Wait, actually... there was an official, free "high definition" texture pack a while after release... they most likely will use that.

Eh.

Starfield

Turn around, look at what you see
In her face the mirror of your dreams
Make believe I'm everywhere
Hidden in the lines, written on the pages

Is the answer to a .....neverending story

The Elderscrolls.

SJRB

Gold Member
I still have no idea what to think of this, provided it's true.

I mean, unless Bluepoint took care of it or something I'm morbidly curious how Bethesda's going to do it.

sora87

It'd be nice if this is being announced because a new elder scrolls will be there too, like Dishonoured 2 and the first games remaster last year

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I rather have a New Vegas remaster to be honest because than I would have a good Fallout game to play on my PS4.

Or an Oblivion remaster with actual Trophy support would be nice too since not even in the 5th Anniversary resale of Oblivion did Bethesda not bothered to add Trophy Support.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Would have preferred oblivion. Or morrowind.

Would have preferred all 3. Oblivion was my "next-gen is here and it's going to be amazing" moment, and I never managed to get through Morrowind (which is something I need to put right one of these days).

In fact... You know what, Elder Scrolls Anthology remaster. Go all the way.

Morrowind? No thanks

Unless they basically inject skyrim combat into it, who would honestly want to play that RNG combat "hey that totally hit you but nope guess not because dice roll" it has?

Markoman

But, but, but the remastered version of Skyrim has been released 4 or 5 years ago.
It's called the heavily modded PC version.

Purdy

Oblivion or Morrowind would be much better, but I guess that requires more effort and they didn't get the same marketing push.

Skyrim was boring :(

Top Bottom