• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: MWR standalone out June 27, $39.99

Loxley

I discovered yesterday that Activision are still selling Black Ops 2 on Steam for $59.99.

They just give no fucks.

Retailers probably have more copies of the infinite warfare legacy edition rotting on shelves than they will ship of this $40 version lol

The leaderboards on PS4 have more than 3 million players on them so that edition didn't do too badly.

I just think a lot of people that hardly ever buy games will buy this out of nostalgia.

GenericUser

I'm gonna share it with a co-worker, so it's basically 20 bucks for me. Day one, I need some old school call of duty action.

Yu Furealdo

I don't really care and I don't many others will. The people who were dying for it bought it last year, and considering the $40 price, bad rep this game has gotten, etc... this just isn't as big of a deal as it should have been. They blew doing MW Remastered any justice.

Seriously considering not buying WWII (even though it looks ok) because of what Activision has made this franchise become.

Shin

Banned
best remaster of the year

It looks lame on the front of the cover, put it at least on the back or something.
$29.99 would have been more reasonable, $40 is a stretch though I reckon it will still sell decently.
Good news for me though since I haven't bought it yet and liked the game.

Patrick S.

Banned
I don't really care and I don't many others will. The people who were dying for it bought it last year, and considering the $40 price, bad rep this game has gotten, etc... this just isn't as big of a deal as it should have been. They blew doing MW Remastered any justice.

Seriously considering not buying WWII (even though it looks ok) because of what Activision has made this franchise become.

These days, I basically play CoD only for the single player experiences, which I tend to love. For multiplayer, I greatly prefer the Battlefield series. If you'd take away all my multiplayer shooters except Battlefield 4 and Titanfall 2, I wouldn't even be mad I guess.

prag16

Banned
Port begging is so damn sad.
Not port begging. Just stating that that's the only platform on which they could really justify $40. After all, it wouldn't be the first time this game has had a special version released on a Nintendo console (everybody remember Modern Warfare Reflex).

These shits pulled a bait and switch with the old, "call of duty 4 exactly as you remember it!!"

*buys game
*game is patched to add dlc guns, MTs, and weapon crates
*sells game

You turds just couldn't help yourselves

Damn, was hoping for this, but I can't spare $60 (CND) on this remaster. Also 2-18 players? I didn't know they upped the player count on this game. Not a fan of that.

GOOCHY

Please don't buy it - they changed the original game and introduced microtransactions on top of that. Don't reward developers that do this.

These shits pulled a bait and switch with the old, "call of duty 4 exactly as you remember it!!"

*buys game
*game is patched to add dlc guns, MTs, and weapon crates
*sells game

You turds just couldn't help yourselves

Exactly.

RedSwirl

Got the version with IW on PC (didn't pay for it). Pretty damn good remaster as far as the campaign is concerned.

Graphics basically look like a modern PS4 game but its almost perfectly faithful to the original COD4 look. The real surprise is how much better the sound design is. The weapons all feel way better because of the new audio. PC settings are dope too, except the vsync which sucks just as much as it did in the original COD4.

hydruxo

Does it even come with the Variety Pack DLC?

Well you had to pay for it separately with the remaster when it was bundled with IW, so I'm going to venture a guess and say no way in hell. It's really pretty incredible that Activision thought it was okay to sell a decade old map pack separately instead of just bundling it in with the game like every other dev in the world. You can't get more greedy than that.

I really wanted to buy this, but with Microtransactions, I'm might skip out on this. How bad are the Microtransactions and what do they do? Do they make it unplayable?

I really wanted to buy this, but with Microtransactions, I'm might skip out on this. How bad are the Microtransactions and what do they do? Do they make it unplayable?

I've been playing IW and MW since they launched, bought the super duper deluxe edition with season pass and all that jazz.

IW is actually extremely accessible, I've never paid a single $ for COD points and every day I get different bonuses, there are a lot of 2X xp weekends, and I JUST hit prestige level 1 after what, 8 months? I've never felt like anything I wanted was out of grasp, I'm not a weapon fiend or anything but there are tons of weapons and camos I've unlocked and bought chests for, using currency I unlocked in game.

MW on the other hand, almost everything feels weighted behind a massive grind. There is no daily login bonus, so you have to play to earn. I'm "only" level 25 (no prestige), so I haven't played a crazy amount but I've played a bit. I don't think I have enough points to buy a single chest, and I've bought 30+ in IW. On the other hand, it doesn't feel like I am missing anything by not unlocking stuff. All of it seems to be camos and costumes and visual stuff, the list of weapons is very small it feels like compared to other COD games.

The only gripy thing is the DLC map is an extra $15, I feel like owning the IW season pass I should have gotten access to the MW dlc maps for free. Again, not a huge deal and I've never had a problem finding a game. The game modes seem more limited too.

It especially makes MW pale a bit, for me, when Infinite warfare introduced tactical mode which basically forces boots on the ground. Jump jets are heavily diminished and it takes only 1 or 2 bullets to kill someone so it feels less frantic and hectic to play in that mode.

Both games seem heavily played on PS4 at least, no problems really getting into games for team deathmatch (tactical and normal) although I don't know how well played other game modes are. I haven't done any hardcore stuff.

Is this Call Of Duty accurate in the history front?

Yes, we all remember how Zakhaev started the war in Iraq and detonated a nuke once U.S. forces reached the palace, only for him to die on a bridge in Russia after a failed attempt to launch more warheads.

Personally I think Soap should have spoken to the U.N about the dangers of war and nuclear proliferation after he shot Zakhaev, but you know, Soap is a man of few words...

Price is hilarious but GCU+$5 and Im in. Been dying to play this, but wasn't about to shell out $60+ to play it. IW's campaign was an awesome redbox rental though.

cakely

I wanted this before they added loot crates and a four-map map pack of nine-year old maps for $15.

Now they can go dangle.

breadtruck

I played it as much as I did Infinite Warfare.

Which was not much at all. Junk.
I had high hopes for both, but last year finally killed CoD for me.

lazerfox

"REMASTER" without all the maps for $40. What a fucking joke.

I loved CoD4 but I'll wait until it's $20 with all the DLCs. Chinatown and Killhouse were such great maps.

RedAssedApe

Banned
they should include the map pack. that would probably slightly easy the pain. i should also get it for free cuz i own the legacy edition lol

Xhaner5

Neo Member
The starting price is just a "why not" tryout to see if it sells that high, if it does, obviously it won't be lowered.

Because they don't lose anything if they try high first, the ones who really want it will eventually buy it at 20$ whether or not they tried it at 40$ in the beginning.

Top Bottom