• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: MWR standalone out June 27, $39.99

Release it on the switch this fall for $40 with dlc maps included, and I'll almost forgive you Activision for not bringing ww2. Almost.

_SAKY_

Imma have to go with the big FUCK YOU ACTIVISION in this one.

This is not how you treat a beloved game like COD4. Making people pay for DLC that has already, mostly, been developed for this repurposing and was (likely) previously purchased last gen by your fan base. You give customers no choice, needlessly mandating that this be bought with another title only to now backout of that mandate a year later in what can only be viewed is a final cash grab attempt for this title. You tack on some microtransactions to pad your profit margins. Crap, I can't imagine that fucking with THIS game earned you any brownie points amongst the community as a whole.

I wanted this game something fierce last year and I'm glad that I passed.

I'd be in day one but I need to know if there's a solid enough player base first... I'm in for WW2 after seeing gameplay so Activision getting my money this year either way.

Best wishes.

Is this the remaster that added Microtransactions and doesn't even come with DLCs and instead tries to sell the map packs all over again? If so, then I'll happily skip it.

Well you had to pay for it separately with the remaster when it was bundled with IW, so I'm going to venture a guess and say no way in hell. It's really pretty incredible that Activision thought it was okay to sell a decade old map pack separately instead of just bundling it in with the game like every other dev in the world. You can't get more greedy than that.

Not to mention selling it for 5 dollars more than the original release on console. And on PC it was free

The fact that it's not even some sort of "Gold Edition" that includes the first paid DLC map pack like every CoD has done before since Black Ops 1 by this point in the entry's life cycle, on top of it being $40 USD is so bad.

border

Switch owners are accustomed to being ripped off.

There have been $50-60 remasters of Sleeping Dogs, Borderlands, The Last of Us, Deadpool, Kingdom Hearts, Skyrim, Prototype, Bulletstorm, Final Fantasy X, Grand Theft Auto V, Darksiders 1 & 2, Tomb Raider, Injustice, Dishonored, God of War, etc, etc. There have been a few value-oriented bundles like Master Chief Collection or the Uncharted Collection, but by and large remasters are generally pretty close to full price.

I'm not sure how or why we've reached the point where anything more than $30 for last-gen remaster is an outrageous insult. I have no idea why people thought Activision was going to charge like $20 for a remaster of a hugely influential blockbuster with massive nostalgia value. Activision thought zero effort remasters of trash like Deadpool and Marvel Ultimate Alliance were worth $40-50......there's no way in hell they were going to send Modern Warfare straight to the bargain bin. Maybe you don't think MWR is worth $40, but you'd have to be crazy to think the publisher was going to charge less than that.

ghibli99

You've waited this long... just wait a little longer until holiday sales push this down to $20. By then it might even be XB1X-enhanced.

Will pick this up for $12.50 on digital at some point.

Not sure I'll ever get around to playing it, but that's what it would be worth to me.

Velcro Fly

maybe $20 with no microtransactions and all the DLC

this is literally releasing the same game over again with prettier graphics with the same DLC and microtransactions tacked on.

woof no thanks

dreamfall

Does this include the map packs?!

I'm happy that maybe this will have more players instead of being held hostage with Infinite Warfare.

Does it include the $15 DLC?

It doesn't even include all the dlc?

Does this include the map packs?!

Previous CoDs had free DLC included with them sometime after their initial release, signified by an icon on their case

999999-047875878006.jpg
51f9pK%2Bea%2BL._SX342_.jpg
511JhoYj9jL._AC_SX430_.jpg

Modern Warfare Remastered has nothing like that on it, so I'm not expecting the Variety Map Pack to be included

I can't believe we're at a point where someone thought "best remaster of the year" was really worth highlighting on the front of your damn box. Also seems crazy expensive.

Crazy expensive... for a game that so many people even here on GAF paid 80 dollars for infinite warfare to play and then never touched infinite warfare.

I am sure the fanbase would be more than ok with a 40 dollar version.

RedRum

Banned
Fuck these guys man. I guess between boxing this with IW, the micro-transactions, shitty drops, lag compensation AND fucking kill trades. Don't these guys tire of fucking people over?

Crazy expensive... for a game that so many people even here on GAF paid 80 dollars for infinite warfare to play and then never touched infinite warfare.

I am sure the fanbase would be more than ok with a 40 dollar version.

80 dollars to play it 8 months in advance, along with another game (not our fault that some folks never touched IW) is well worth the price of admission.
This is coming out 4 months before another iteration of COD releases. I bet this will drop down to $20 by then. More reasons for them to milk the desperate.

Gator86

Fuck these guys man. I guess between boxing this with IW, the micro-transactions, shitty drops, lag compensation AND fucking kill trades. Don't these guys tire of fucking people over?

You know the answer to this. I bet we see MW2 done in a near identical way soon, unless they can come up with some scummier mechanics to push in there.

Zasa

Don't forget to buy that map pack that costs the same amount as when it was originally released 10 years ago ($15).

Thanks for all the awesome deals, Activision. Always looking out for the consumer.

So... Is this stuff real?

I mean, it makes no sense at all for Activision to sell the game for 40€. Even if they are a bunch of jerk$, they know it is too expensive.

Don't they?

Pantz

Sweet! I'll be buying this so I can delete the digital version off my hdd. What's wrong with $40? I was paying $40 and sometimes more for SNES games in the 90's. And anyway it'll only be $32 with best buy/prime discount.

Top Bottom