• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
On April 26, 2011, during Nintendo's Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ended March 2011, Satoru Iwata said this about Wii's successor system:

q1p5sbz.png

Now I’d like to spend some time to talk about our prospects for the future.
First of all, Wii's successor, which we announced yesterday.

q2rksnw.png

We have decided to release Wii's successor in 2012.
We plan to display it in a playable form at the E3 show to be held from June 7 in Los Angeles. The specifications are to be revealed at the show.
I am afraid I can't say any specific here today but, at E3, the company hopes to propose a new framework for a game system to be enjoyed at home.
Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/110426/05.html

And, as I have posted many times already, Mr. Kimishima had this to say during Nintendo's Q&A session for the Third Quarter Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ending March 2016:

As for new businesses, we will present further information when we go into details about our forecasts for the next fiscal year. We do not plan to speak about NX today. We continue development and planning efforts for NX in preparation for launch, so it will require additional investment.
Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160203qa/03.html

What I hope to be announced/discussed during the upcoming IR event

• What NX is - Home console, handheld or both?
  • When and where it will be fully revealed
  • What year it will be released
  • How NX will respond to the major challenges that are on the table.

• The challenge of rekindling developer interest
    • The challenge of aligning it with the current market (smart devices)
    • The challenge of performance (in relation to PS4(K) and Xbox One(.5))

MuchoMalo

Banned
Rösti;201186002 said:
On April 26, 2011, during Nintendo's Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ended March 2011, Satoru Iwata said this about Wii's successor system:

And, as I have posted many times already, Mr. Kimishima had this to say during Nintendo's Q&A session for the Third Quarter Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ending March 2016:

On that last one, I don't think Nintendo's going to talk about competition that isn't even confirmed to be coming to market yet. That recent 10nm rumor combined with what Eurogamer has said makes it likely that at least one of the two won't even launch until Summer 2017.

More quality names.

• Nextendo
• Nintendo XXX
• X-Cube
• Triple N
• Nintendo 4K
• Nintendo Box X
• Nintendo Edge
• Nintendo Cool
• Nintendo ∞
• Wii U2
• WiiTwoU
• Super Nintendo Entertainment Cube 64
• Nintendo On
• Nintendo Off
• Nintendo Standby
• N2X2

Meesh

Rösti;201186002 said:

Sounds good, if any of this stuff is elaborated on at all period I'll be happy as obviously much of this will clear up much of Gafs speculations. No doubt it'll paint a clearer picture of what we may expect of price too, even though the sweet spot seems to be 299$.
Thanks Rösti :)

Eradicate

More quality names.

• Nextendo
• Nintendo XXX
• X-Cube
• Triple N
• Nintendo 4K
• Nintendo Box X
• Nintendo Edge
• Nintendo Cool
• Nintendo ∞
• Wii U2
• WiiTwoU
• Super Nintendo Entertainment Cube 64
• Nintendo On
• Nintendo Off
• Nintendo Standby
• N2X2

iNXS
NSiiNC

Huddy

I agree. NEX would be awesome, although the X wouldn't make much sense. eXperience would be a stretch.

Edit: I also like XNES a lot.

Here let me fix that for you. Nintendo Entertainment Xperience.

I must say NEX is one of my favourites if Nintendo don't go with NX.

Rösti;201186002 said:

Thanks for the info. I expect we can at least get a time frame for NX from Nintendo. Apart from NX, I think Nintendo will probably announce the next smartphone app to satisfy the shareholders.

Meesh

Nintendo Jinxed
The Nintendo JiNX (Ninjinx?) is actually a cool name...even though I'm not sure what it could stand for lol. Besides, I seem to remember Jinx(?) Being a pretty cool GIJOE figure/character so bonus points for childhood nostalgia, yay!

Meesh

Anyone think Nintendo is interested in funding a "propper" fighter like Dark Stalkers? We've got SSB, but sometimes I've got a craving for good old Street Fighter and DS style combat. We did end up with Tatsunoko in the past but I'm looking/hoping for a little more and it would be kinda cool to launch with a DS game.
Wishful thinking? File under Skies of Arcadia HD?

javac

If Nintendo doesn't talk about the NX until E3 and assuming Nintendo's presentation is after EA and Ubi you'd have to assume that Nintendo would receive no stage time during their (Ubi/EA) events when it comes to them demoing and announcing their own games on stage. Although Nintendo could come out on their own event and say "so and so from Ubi/EA is also coming to NX" after the fact, it'd be better to hear such announcements from the horses mouth, no? Assuming if course that they're actually working on NX.

Josh5890

If Nintendo doesn't talk about the NX until E3 and assuming Nintendo's presentation is after EA and Ubi you'd have to assume that Nintendo would receive no stage time during their (Ubi/EA) events when it comes to them demoing and announcing their own games on stage. Although Nintendo could come out on their own event and say "so and so from Ubi/EA is also coming to NX" after the fact, it'd be better to hear such announcements from the horses mouth, no? Assuming if course that they're actually working on NX.

Good point. I hope that means a May reveal of some sort will mean the other guys will show off NX games at E3 too.

Anyone think Nintendo is interested in funding a "propper" fighter like Dark Stalkers? We've got SSB, but sometimes I've got a craving for good old Street Fighter and DS style combat. We did end up with Tatsunoko in the past but I'm looking/hoping for a little more and it would be kinda cool to launch with a DS game.
Wishful thinking? File under Skies of Arcadia HD?

I could see something like Nintendo vs. Capcom happening if they are willing to fund it. Ono seems to be pretty on board (going by the recent interview).

Dark Stalkers is not happening though. That series is deader than dead. Especially after SFV bombed.

Jackano

Rösti;201186002 said:
[*]How NX will respond to the major challenges that are on the table.

I have other redefined challenges instead of your too much hardware-focused ones:

• The challenge of rekindling consumer interest
  • The challenge of creating a virtuous circle between all of Nintendo's business, Nintendo Account, dedicated hardware and smart devices
  • The challenge of providing quality and quantity of software for all those platforms

I could see something like Nintendo vs. Capcom happening if they are willing to fund it. Ono seems to be pretty on board (going by the recent interview).

Dark Stalkers is not happening though. That series is deader than dead. Especially after SFV bombed.

I would prefer the Powerstone style someone suggested, don't see Nintendo needing a second 2d fighter. Could have a scrolling co-op mode like Final Fight or something.

Meesh

Oh maaaaaan! Too bad, I've got so many fond memories playing DS in the arcade, guess it's a good thing I've got it dl on PS3. Too bad about SFV bombing, didn't know it was a dud till now.

If they can get a Capcom X Nintendo happening I could live with that, might be the only way for Mon Hun fighter representation lol, and taking Luigi vs Morrigan would be kind of entertaining.

Mendax

havent both said in the past that they dont support unproven platforms (vita, wiiu, vr)?

MuchoMalo

Banned

Exactly. Nintendo can't have stuff like this happening yet again. They need to announce the name and logo next week and let third-parties make announcements. It'll hurt them terribly if they don't.

Also, they need to stop Activision from waiting until the last minute to announce CoD for it. Seriously, why the fuck do they let this happen? It always bugged me.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Good god...I'd kill for any new SoulCal game, especially returning Link.

I was just saying on Twitter that the next SoulCal should be for PS4/XB1/NX and bring back the exclusive guest character from each console's 1st Party IPs.

Kratos for PS4
Ganondorf for NX
Master Chief/Arbiter or a Killer Instinct character for XB1.

I was just saying on Twitter that the next SoulCal should be for PS4/XB1/NX and bring back the exclusive guest character from each console's 1st Party IPs.

Kratos for PS4
Ganondorf for NX
Master Chief/Arbiter or a Killer Instinct character for XB1.

Why Ganondorf over Link? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom